Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Space Racist posted:

Isn't Nokia basically the national industry in Finland? I can see why it'd get so political over such a drastic shift.
Not as much as it used to, but it still accounts for about 1% of our GDP. I expect to see a lot of office space for rent in the years to come. (I live about 2km from the Nokia HQ, and most IT companies around here are somehow tied to Nokia. Pretty much all investments made in developing software based on Qt went down the drain overnight.)

Space Racist posted:

Shares are down 13% though? Ouch. I thought there'd be more positivity surrounding a new direction for Nokia, seeing as how the old one was working out for them.
The market has over the last two years been unduly harsh towards Nokia. A buyout is a serious concern at this point. Nokia has about 12.75 billion € in cash. Its current stock value is 26 billion €, so the real price of the company is down to 13,25 billion €. If things don't start looking up soon, Microsoft will have to buy Nokia before someone else does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread