Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think the N8 looks very nice, but I really really wish Nokia would get a better font. The one they still use looks like a font from a dumbphone in 2003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ouch. http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/14/nokia-n8-review/

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Dr Tran posted:

Why ouch? Seemed like a fair review. They barely went into how awful the keyboard is.

5/10 for a flagship/savior device? That's kind of lovely, especially with how glowing the review was for the hardware portion. It's like the hardware is a 9/10 and the software is a 2/10

I understand why they don't go with Android, but Froyo on this thing would be amazing

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Peven Stan posted:

"This Engadget review brought to you by Apple and AT&T"

I love when people say this, especially in response to a review that pretty much says that the camera on this thing is so good that it makes you criticize the iPhone 4's, which for a few months was the current gold standard

It's like, come on dude. Put some effort into it.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Peven Stan posted:

I was joking

Enough people say that seriously that I don't really think about it that way :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah uh...most of HTC's phones from now on will be aluminum and the first Gorilla Glass phone I can even think of is the Droid so that's a laughable post.

Also I've dropped my sans-Gorilla Glass Incredible on its face many times and it has escaped unscathed.

Nut Bunnies fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 12, 2011

• Locked thread