Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Don't forget the scalper aspect. There was a drop today at MilSpec Retail as well. That's probably gone now too. I haven't checked but it's safe to assume the way things have went so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Cyrano4747 posted:

Plus there's a LOT of new rifle owners out there. I imagine that manufacturing was also probably hit by Covid related shut downs, shipping delays for components etc. I doubt they machine every little part out of bar stock themselves and if their supplier for nuts or threaded whatevers etc got backed up, that can gently caress with production.

Yeah and with 9mm and 5.56 basically being unobtainable for the past year I'm sure most people saw the piles of 7.62 and decided to buy an AK just to have a gun they can shoot. The last time I was in a gun store several months ago they had entire pallets of 7.62 and literally no 9mm or 5.56 at all, not sure if that has changed recently or not.

They likely just want to strap their optics from the weapons they can't currently shoot and AKs need custom/specialized mounts to do that.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

BubbaGrace posted:

Don't forget the scalper aspect. There was a drop today at MilSpec Retail as well. That's probably gone now too. I haven't checked but it's safe to assume the way things have went so far.

I thought about scalpers, but I'm not seeing any listed on GB or eBay, which is where you would expect them to show up. I also could be bad at searching, though.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Cyrano4747 posted:

I thought about scalpers, but I'm not seeing any listed on GB or eBay, which is where you would expect them to show up. I also could be bad at searching, though.

It was a while ago. They must have moved it all. I linked a screenshot a few weeks back.

Akion
May 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Yeah and with 9mm and 5.56 basically being unobtainable for the past year I'm sure most people saw the piles of 7.62 and decided to buy an AK just to have a gun they can shoot. The last time I was in a gun store several months ago they had entire pallets of 7.62 and literally no 9mm or 5.56 at all, not sure if that has changed recently or not.

It has. x39 is annoyingly overpriced now, too. Fortunately I picked up an extra case early on in COVID times.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Zastavas continue to pretty much sell out instantly, which I assume is mostly people new to the AK platform. Even at current prices, x39 is wildly cheaper than .223. I feel bad for buying a couple cases @ 40cpr in January but the goal is to shoot through it before prices really drop below that.

I bought a Zpap M92 last month to help achieve that....

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

There is one on ebay right now with a starting bid of $140. If anyone is looking to get one of these at retail there is one place left who has not listed theirs yet, DDLVip. Yes they are a legit site. This is the last shot. So if you aren't able to grab one from here when they drop, you're going to be waiting months and months again.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

I feel like I got lucky when I started looking the drops were coming and I just happened to be up late doing work when the 230am CST Primary Arms email came. Now I have too many since I had pending trades solidify that I couldnít back out on.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

In my case, my frantic mount searching was because a weird piece came into my hands and of course you have to accessorize...

With all this, I feel fortunate about my 5.45 purchases and my PK-AS pre-pandemic. The only thing I think I'd like to buy AK-wise at the moment is maybe a bag for the open triangle stocks. Not sure if I'd put anything in it, though. Would like obtain an AK in 7.62 one day but that'll probably have to be way later down the road when (if?) prices settle down.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Welp... Im getting hosed on the AKML. Good job Khyber Customs. Really doing a great job on making a new customer.

quote:

We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business, however we discovered a mistake when fulfilling your order last evening. We accidentally oversold the RS Regulate AKML optic mount on your order. This was 100% my fault as I did not catch the error in time. I am currently in touch with RS Regulate to see if they can bail us out on your order. In the meantime, I would like to extend a few offers to resolve this issue.

1.) $25.00 refund/credit today, we ship the product when we receive our next order. (Possibly sooner if RS Regulate can rush this fulfillment.)
2.) 100% refund, order is cancelled.

I am terribly sorry for this mistake, I am aware these are hard to come by. Please let us know how you would like to proceed. We are greatly appreciative for your business and apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Tony
Khyber Customs
Third Pin Threads

Yea... Im just gonna let you sit on my money for another 6-9 months. What a joke.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

BubbaGrace posted:

Welp... Im getting hosed on the AKML. Good job Khyber Customs. Really doing a great job on making a new customer.

Yea... Im just gonna let you sit on my money for another 6-9 months. What a joke.

How do you know it's going to be 6-9 months?

I had a couple of pretty good orders with them on some parts earlier this year. Maybe take the refund?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Lead times are bad right now. Just order one and be patient.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

knuthgrush posted:

How do you know it's going to be 6-9 months?

I had a couple of pretty good orders with them on some parts earlier this year. Maybe take the refund?

I've been waiting for an AKML for 2 months and still no dice. They disappear within 60 minutes when stores list them available.

I've had an RS Regulate Yugo side rail mount on backorder for just about six weeks. There's only so much patience and credit that can be extended. Either buy more machines or outsource your production, RS Regulate.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

BubbaGrace posted:

I mean, that sucks that they over-sold and they should have better inventory control than that, but that seems like a pretty good offer. At 25% off they're probably not making any profit off of your order, and are more likely than not taking a loss. Plus you actually have your order in and you'll get it eventually. Or you get a full refund, right now.

Other times when I've had a company over-sell on me it's either been:

1) oops. here's your money back

or

2) I don't hear anything for a really loving long time, end up calling them a month or so later, find out they're scrambling to get product and have to yell at someone until they offer me a refund.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

BubbaGrace posted:

I got you fam

e: I wonder if they actually sold the right amount but didn't account for employees and friends of the company...

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 17, 2021

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Lightbulb Out posted:

Just order one and be patient.

You can't. All of the RS dealers aren't taking back orders.

e: oh I missed the part offering a backorder for the mistake.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Mar 17, 2021

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Shaocaholica posted:

ď1.) $25.00 refund/credit today, we ship the product when we receive our next order. (Possibly sooner if RS Regulate can rush this fulfillment.)Ē

I understand the impatience and the annoyance but thatís basically whatís going on here.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Shaocaholica posted:

e: oh I missed the part offering a backorder for the mistake.
Brownells is taking back orders. I got an RS 306M on back order because my Yugo has to be different. Though, I guess the Serbians aren't the only ones who did AKs their own way.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

lite_sleepr posted:

Brownells is taking back orders. I got an RS 307AK on back order because my Yugo has to be different. Though, I guess the Serbians aren't the only ones who did AKs their own way.

I mean for the AKML specifically. Brownells lets you backorder some things but super high demand and uncertain fulfillment they don't let you backorder.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Sorry I'm dumb.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

You guys are right. I'm just salty about it because they sent me a tracking number and everything. I gave up on watching other sites because I figured I was good once I got the shipping notice.

SuperDouche
Apr 24, 2008

Put my optic on the UltiMAK, lol to any other option aside from paying scalpers for now. I got a PA SLx MD-25 in this week and I am diggin' it. Gonna sight it in after I get vaxxed tomorrow.

Zastava USA is going to restock their yugo optic rail soon. They are worth following on Facebook as they are putting out new accessories/magazines and restocking regularly

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Do you stress over whether or not you have the UltiMak on straight? I'm afraid mine is just a touch crooked, but it's probably not.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

SuperDouche posted:

Put my optic on the UltiMAK, lol to any other option aside from paying scalpers for now. I got a PA SLx MD-25 in this week and I am diggin' it. Gonna sight it in after I get vaxxed tomorrow.

Zastava USA is going to restock their yugo optic rail soon. They are worth following on Facebook as they are putting out new accessories/magazines and restocking regularly

I was corresponding with UltiMAK to see if they have an option to fit my RAK-9. They suggested a model after I took some measurements and said I might have to shim it. I might experiment with it a bit, the price isn't too high. Heat is a normally concern I think but the RAK-9 is a blowback so who knows. Options are fun.

SuperDouche
Apr 24, 2008

Nah. It's probably crooked by a mm or so and I don't care. Piston & bolt drop free and cycle much smoother. My ZPAP's front sights are also slightly canted but still came with a factory zero. They don't affect much beyond my aesthetics. Zastava will fix it but I don't need to right now.

I'll be using the AKOU method to zero my red dot and do the belt buckle thing. I have a long way to go before sharpshooting is a concern.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

lite_sleepr posted:

Do you stress over whether or not you have the UltiMak on straight? I'm afraid mine is just a touch crooked, but it's probably not.
For un-magnified optics, making sure they're totally, precisely level is not worth worrying about.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

That makes sense. The AK just isn't a precision rifle. Within 300m it's fine.

Rifle is fine.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

Finally got the scope and mount together

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Now that's handsome. What kind of wood is that?

MelonFarmer
Jun 1, 2008

Tuff Scrote posted:

Finally got the scope and mount together

Looks great. Is your mount on all the way? Looks like it may be on only half the rail.

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

It's suppose to be like that. Yugo rails are longer than Russian rails.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Managed to do this in 9 shots. The 36 yard zero on the 7.62 with the Romeo 5. Seems to work just fine.

Square is 2"x2"

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 22, 2021

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

lite_sleepr posted:

Now that's handsome. What kind of wood is that?

Maple. They were selling the maple version last year. I haven't seen anything but the walnut and polymer recently. It's been finished with aqua fortis and tru oil.

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

Does anyone know where I can get steel surplus AK mag followers and end plates? I have a yugo mag that came with my Zpap and I want to switch out the plastic follower and end plate.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

AK mags are cheap so not sure how much savings youíll find by looking for parts.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 22, 2021

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Tuff Scrote posted:

Does anyone know where I can get steel surplus AK mag followers and end plates? I have a yugo mag that came with my Zpap and I want to switch out the plastic follower and end plate.

Primary arms has Croatian steel surplus mags with a bolt hold open follower on sale right now for $10 a pop. Im not sure how good Croatian surplus is though. They will work on on Yugo and standard AKM, but you might need to do some "fitting". Doesn't hurt to try for the price.

https://www.primaryarms.com/AdName+Sale/SaleName+24-Hour-Deal

SALE ENDS IN 8 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF THIS POST!

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 22, 2021

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

I was able to get in some range time today to zero in my Primary Arms ACCS 3X scope with another local goon. What an excellent optic. Sight picture is clear and the reticule is super crisp. Adjustment didn't take long, even with fighting severe gusts of wind. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering getting one.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

I have 2! Itís pretty nice given the limited choices of AK optics. Next step up is an AK optimized ACOG. Iím interested in seeing the new compact 3x/5x Primary Arms prisms later this year(?)

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

This is poppin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs-ml9BgxbE

Oh it just keeps going...

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Apr 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Shaocaholica posted:

This is poppin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs-ml9BgxbE

Oh it just keeps going...

Does that sign in the background say WE WILL NOT COME...?