Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

Captain Log posted:

Does that sign in the background say WE WILL NOT COME...?

I assume you know what it says but just in case: WE WILL NOT COMPLY. Seems a little silly to advertise that plus advertise the firearms you have... might be an BATFE slam dunk at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

I assume every gun youtuber knows they're already on the list if a federal AWB passes.

In other news, AoA is selling barreled AK parts kits for a thousand dollars.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

https://atlanticfirearms.com/products/ak47-magazine-steel-bulgarian-5-pack

5 pack of Bulgy NOS steel mags. I picked one up. Good deal.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Dead Reckoning posted:

I assume every gun youtuber knows they're already on the list if a federal AWB passes.

In other news, AoA is selling barreled AK parts kits for a thousand dollars.

These prices are ridiculous by the way. It costs more to put together the kit through them than it does to buy a complete WBP Fox from a retailer. They are the EXACT same parts.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

knuthgrush posted:

I assume you know what it says but just in case: WE WILL NOT COMPLY. Seems a little silly to advertise that plus advertise the firearms you have... might be an BATFE slam dunk at that point.

Ironic since MAC owns Copper Customs and therefore has an FFL. Literally has to comply.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Allow me to interject. I have been using electronic cigarettes for a few months now. You see, I am an Expert

BubbaGrace posted:

These prices are ridiculous by the way.

Speaking of which, MAC always talks about checking local gun shops for deals on this or that gun he likes, but I lived two blocks away from Copper Custom for years and everything in there is pretty substantially marked up. Weirdly impossible to find a good deal on anything in your own store, MAC!

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

“Well yeah OTHER stores, not my store”

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

MAC is a dude who got out of the Marines after 2 years before Desert Storm without seeing any type of combat and made bank on being in the dot com bubble. He's literally just a marketing dude.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Got one of the coveted/contentious Zastava scope mounts, only to fine out I don't have the proper mounting for them on my century arms Yugo, lol. Anybody know if the TWS dogleg rail is any good? Haven't found any mountains of negative reviews or anything.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

This is lovely. RS Regulate 301M on a WBP Fox. Can't adjust it any tighter than this.

https://streamable.com/p9fwqf

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

BubbaGrace posted:

This is lovely. RS Regulate 301M on a WBP Fox. Can't adjust it any tighter than this.

https://streamable.com/p9fwqf

You adjusted the silver captured hex nut? I thought that thing has like a ton of adjustment.

Just to be sure. At the ~5:15 mark he shows how to adjust the tension nut. In your case you want to go righty tighty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8l0M2J-KZ0

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 3, 2021

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Some guntubers are suddenly talking about drama involving Hungarian SVD clones. What's going on there?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Somebody Awful posted:

Some guntubers are suddenly talking about drama involving Hungarian SVD clones. What's going on there?

Hungarian-American gun guy gets a list going (on multiple forums?) with a stated price of $3800/gun. Not sure if there was a disclaimer this price is not set in stone. Hungarian guy goes to Hungry and talks the FEG factory into making a run for the US market showing them the ‘list’ of 100 committed buyers at US$3800. Also knowing they will have to make modifications to the rifle for import. Also the factory had to dust off some old tooling to make these(?). Same guy also becomes the FEG US representative(unofficially?). Maybe not paid but friends with benefits like free stuff.

Guns are re-designed for import. First batch of guns are made (50?). There’s some drama with the original US importer(s?). Guns could have been imported in 2020 but because of the US side importer drama they are delayed until 2021.

Importer seems to have no idea of the original ‘list’ or just ignores it. MAC/Tim and his gun store Copper Custom makes an offer to the importer to buy the first batch. Seems like he made this offer a long time ago when he caught wind of the endeavor. MAC/Tim then decides to put the guns on gunbroker instead of offering them to the original ‘list’ to ‘let the market decide’ on what they are worth. MAC/Tim also just posted a video on his channel a week prior trash talking scalpers on gunbroker. Drama starts. MAC/Tim doubles down. Downward spiral keeps going until this day.

Edit: there’s also some miscommunication as to what $3800 meant. If the factory is selling them for $3800 then they are going to be much more after international shipping, import fees, importer fees, dealer fees. Copper custom seems to think $7500 is the new price to make all the middle people happy. He was probably thinking of getting even more on gunbroker before the ‘community’ poo poo bid all his listings to $10mil making him unable to sell anything on GB even items unrelated to the drama.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 3, 2021

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Drama indeed. Mishaco even got called out for saying the market ‘is what it is’. But he’s not buying up all the stock and drip feeding it to drive prices up. Misha got a sample and posted a video just last night.

Misha got me a Vepr right before the sanctions hit and it was just like $50 over cost.

Shaocaholica fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 3, 2021

Steeltalon
Feb 14, 2012

Perps were uncooperative.

The list thing has been hilariously misrepresented. Making a list on a forum is about as official as a change.org petition. It's completely idiotic for anyone to think they were pre-ordering a rifle by putting their name down on AK files. FEG did not create the list, and the importer did not create the list. Some rando on the forum did. So that's one thing people are upset about because MAC didn't honor some random list he had nothing to do with.

The other thing which has more validity was MAC putting the guns up on gun broker after he made statements about calling out unscrupulous scalping on gun broker just weeks before.

Steeltalon fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 3, 2021

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Shaocaholica posted:

You adjusted the silver captured hex nut? I thought that thing has like a ton of adjustment.

Just to be sure. At the ~5:15 mark he shows how to adjust the tension nut. In your case you want to go righty tighty.

Yep. I adjusted it correctly. The nut is as tight as it can possibly go. I cannot get another turn out of it.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Steeltalon posted:

The list thing has been hilariously misrepresented. Making a list on a forum is about as official as a change.org petition. It's completely idiotic for anyone to think they were pre-ordering a rifle by putting their name down on AK files. FEG did not create the list, and the importer did not create the list. Some rando on the forum did. So that's one thing people are upset about because MAC didn't honor some random list he had nothing to do with.

The other thing which has more validity was MAC putting the guns up on gun broker after he made statements about calling out unscrupulous scalping on gun broker just weeks before.

From what I can tell the guy is more than just some forum rando. As to what his relationship to the company and project is all his word at the moment which is more than just being some guy writing emails from home. It seems like Tim/Copper is willing to sell to the original list at $7500 unless that’s just a troll because he also said there’s more than one list and letting the community battle it out on which list is the canonical one. But also most people seem to be done with this and also salting the earth for Tim to never be able to sell these at retail. So they’ll probably just sell quietly to randos slowly or through another dealer when things cool off. Ironic it was Tim who trolled Jager in the century drama.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

BubbaGrace posted:

Yep. I adjusted it correctly. The nut is as tight as it can possibly go. I cannot get another turn out of it.

Could be your mount is out of spec. The finish looks quite worn.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Shaocaholica posted:

just seconding this. there's a sweet spot and it's right around " the lever is almost too tight to close by hand"

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mishaco was mentioned elsewhere, and I came to see his input here.

There are also some rumors that the guns were Russian in origin, came through FEG, but look very sketchily stamped, so there is some valid concerns that if that ends up true, that people are gonna be hosed

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

How so? Customs gonna confiscate them?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Don't take this at any more than face value, because I haven't cared enough to dig into the intricate lunacies that are import laws.

Russian poo poo hasn't been allowed to be imported for like 10 years now, and they had import restrictions before that. There are some other weird ways around it, but they are all weird flow charts of details. If these are Russian kits built and imported that way, it violates more than a few laws, and the ATF will probably want them back at the very least.

It's probably all bullshit, but I like watching drama that I have no part in.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Burden of proof tho. Nobody gonna spend an iota of time trying to get evidence on this.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

The Voice of Labor posted:

just seconding this. there's a sweet spot and it's right around " the lever is almost too tight to close by hand"

I used a pair of needle nose to get one more turn out of it. It's good to go now.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Shaocaholica posted:

Burden of proof tho. Nobody gonna spend an iota of time trying to get evidence on this.

Same. Which is why I said it's just a rumor. I just like the drama, and think MAC deserves to be dragged over the coals.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Just today. Posted inside a rando comment on the original HD-18 video on MAC YT channel.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Gun internet: basically high school

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Tim/MAC from last night on glocktalk.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/feg-hd-18-svd-on-gunbroker-military-arms-channel-taking-a-beating.1890476/page-4#post-30327621

quote:

Hey guys. Yeah, this is my old screen name. I'm posting here because some of you are showing objectivity whereas in other places of the internet appear to have zero interest in hearing the other side of the story, and the truth.

First, if you want the full story about the SVD/HD-18 including an apology for putting 5 of the 50/100 (only 50 in the country now) up on GB to see if the MSRP would be accepted by the market, you can find that here: Copper Custom Armament

That was a mistake, David (the operational owner of Copper) apologized. Yeah, it looked really bad and gave ample ammo to those seeking to tear me down.

While I am the video arm of Copper, I'm not the majority shareholder. I am not an operational partner. I take no paycheck from Copper. I don't make day to day decisions on how the store runs, I don't set prices, nothing. I live over an hour from the store. I'm in the store maybe once a week to pick stuff up or drop it off. I spend much of my time when I am at Copper interacting with viewers. Copper is a long term type of investment for me and when I'm old and crotchety I'll go sit in the corner and talk about, "Do you remember when SKS's were $79?"

Instead of retyping a bunch of stuff I'll repost some stuff I've already taken the time to type out elsewhere with a few changes to make it read more smoothly.

The "list" created to purchase Trident's/Coppers guns wasn't created with the knowledge of either company and certainly without the consent of either company on a forum neither use the same day Trident placed the order for the HD-18's.

Worse, after the blow-up, Copper said they would sell some guns to these forum members despite not having their contact info and having no way to get it without help. PRDUBI/Joe (the list creator) still won't provide actual contact info as I type this.

Copper contacted a senior member of the forum who attempted to get actual contact info, and the admin(s) of the forum banned him for his effort. Anyone asking questions that challenge the false narrative being spread, they get banned too from this AK forum.

The creator of the unsanctioned list (PRDUBI/Joe) posted an apology for misleading the forum members and admitted it wasn't a buyers list. Not a soul cares about his apology and admission of wrong doing. They continue to spread the lie that "Copper swooped in at the last minute" and bought the guns. That is 100% patently false.

Copper and Trident were always the buyers from day one. The "swooping in" story is a flat out lie. I challenge one person who claims this to post their evidence they were the original buyer for the HD-18 and Copper "swooped in" and snatched them from you. I won't hold my breath.

The list creator (PRDUBI/Joe) promised the guns to forum members (without Copper or Tridents consent or knowledge) for $3k but at the exact same time he was sending emails to other importers offering the guns to them for $4800 (email posted on Coppers FB page). The $4800 is the price in Budapest and before any excise taxes, airfreight shipping to get in under any EO's banning imports, profit for the importer or retailer, etc. On top of that, he was offering guns that were already sold to Trident to other parties!

PRDUBI/Joe mislead everyone involved. That's the reality. He wanted to play the big dog on this forum, he made all sorts of outlandish promises and claims, and in the end he had to post an apology.

As for "price gouging", the guns sold for right at 10% profit for Copper on extremely rare guns and at a time when some companies are selling generic everyday guns for 20%-30%+ margin.

This is critical: The guns were already sold to Trident before anyone put their name on any unsanctioned list. That means the "list" did nothing to help get the guns in the country contrary to false claims. They were already the property of Trident when the list was created without Trident (or Coppers) knowledge. PRDUBI did absolutely nothing in the United States to make this project happen, he may have in Budapest, I have no idea what his role was there. What I do know is that he didn't submit the guns to the ATF for approval, he didn't recommend changes to get ATF approval, he didn't get the Form 6 approved. He never said a single word to the ATF, neither did any forum member. That, and he wasn't the owner of the rifles so he had no right to offer them for sale to anyone.

The only reason the guns are in the country is because Trident did what no one else would do and that was to invest in a start-up company (the original FEG is long gone) to help them get their rifles to the U.S. and get profits rolling so they could use that revenue to make more products.

It would be like if I went to a private FB group and created a list of buyers for your personal guns that you had no idea I had made. Then, when you went sell one of your guns I threw a fit on the internet demanding you honor my list even though you had not sanctioned such a list and didn't even know about it.

The biggest culprit in all of this is PRDUBI. He flat-out lied to forum members about pricing, he made false promises he would facilitate the FFL transfers from Trident when Copper was always the retailer AND he never contacted Copper once. Still, to this day (4/4/21), PRDUBI has made zero effort to send any contact info from this list.

More info, if you're interested.

The "apology" from PRDUBI, who mislead people on pricing and the "list" and where he admits pricing was wrong and the list was never intended to be a buyers list: https://ibb.co/qBYPS0K

A member of the AKForum who was banned for asking the right questions about being mislead by PRDUBI about the "list", pricing and some sort of special gift from FEG (no one knows what that is) for 1.5 years: https://ibb.co/cLSkkJ1

To be crystal clear, PRDUBI/Joe, has made ZERO effort to this very day (4/4/21) to share any actual contact info from members of the two lists on the AKForum. He's refused to answer direct questions about his misrepresentation of prices, the list and its purpose, and other things related to this matter by forum members.

If you dare question PRDUBI on the forum, or question the official false narrative, you're banned as this person was.

The AKForum is keeping the misinformation going and is denying its members rifles. Copper was able to sell several rifles to forum members before the forum member helping Copper get useable contact info was banned for trying to help get members those rifles.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I have no dog in this fight, but this is some pretty good gun drama.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

MAC is deflecting from the issue most people had with this fiasco. It wasn't about "the list". The main issue most people have that I've seen on other AK forums I visit is the listing on gunbroker as auctions.

MAC claims these auctions were to test the MSRP, but they weren't. They could have easily listed the guns on their site for the MSRP and watched if they sold or not. Instead they started an auction for 5 of them with minimum bid as MSRP so Copper could gouge as hard as possible. They planned on doing this repeatedly.

The combloc community would have been equally pissed if any other retailers did this same thing. For example, Atlantic would have gotten poo poo all over if they tried this same thing with the 5.56 FB Radom Beryls that were just imported. Rightfully so. On top of it Atlantic didn't make a video a few weeks prior about how Gunbroker scalpers were scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Got some new manufacture bulgy steel mags. These things are rad.