Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

king of the bongo posted:

the sgl20 is under 600 at k-var

What the hell is the difference between the sgl20 and the sgl21 aside from about $100?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Mishaco posted:

SGL-20 doesn't have the 'accessory' lug under the gas block and the 21 does. In military use, this lug could be useful in attaching a grenade launcher. For civie use? I have no idea what it could be much good for. Its like the appendix of the AK-74 world.

That little bit escaped me while looking over the K-VAR site, thanks. I'm seriously considering buying an AK and it looks like the K-VARs are some of the best. I'm sort of disappointed that they don't offer with SGL-20 with the aluminum handguard set but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have some extra polymer parts.

Has anyone had much experience with the K-VAR scope mounts?

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Mishaco posted:

Hmm
Once they did have SGLs with railed handguards. They will probably still do a batch now and again.

Yea, just 21s at the moment.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Mishaco posted:

As for SGL-20s, if they dont have rails now, they never will. This batch that K-Var has are the last ones that Arsenal will ever make. They actually thought they were completely out of them, and then found a few hiding in the back of something, somewhere.

That's a bummer, I wonder how the aluminum handguards would look with an OD grip/stock/mag.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Is there any reason I should reconsider getting a K-var SGL-21?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bij
Feb 24, 2007

smax posted:

I absolutely love my SGL20. They're great guns.

I had settled on an SGL20 a few months ago, but I waited and now it looks like I'm out of luck.