Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HoseKing
Jul 22, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Great thread so far. I would like to see some stuff about how to replace parts and maybe more on upkeep, cleaning, and maintenance. Links to reputable sites that sell AK stuff would be cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoseKing
Jul 22, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Groda posted:

Do you have a recoil buffer (Blackjack) installed?

Do those even work or are they on the accu wedge level of firearm accessories?

HoseKing
Jul 22, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Painting a orange Bakelite lower handguard off a wz88.....

I sanded it a tad rough for better primer adhesion, 2 thin coats of primer, each let to dry 4 hours and overnight before paint, 3 coats black kyrlon, each let dry 4 hours between coatings, and a light matte clear coat after 24 hours of drying. Waited 24 hours after that and after medium use at the range over the span of a few hours, a lot of it has either flaked or rubbed off.... What gives.

The top handguard is just fine. I want back furniture but dont want to pay $50 for a poly handguard.

Help me not be a dumbass when it comes to painting.

HoseKing
Jul 22, 2009

by Fistgrrl

DrPop posted:

Do you guys know if Silver Bear 5.45x39 60 gr FMJ has a steel core bullet? None of the silly indoor ranges around here want me to shoot my ak there because i tell them or show them I have silver bear and they say it's steel core. it just says bimetal on the box so idk

It is steel core. It has a copper jacket around a lead jacket around a steel core.