Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Way to go Mishaco, huge and exhaustive introduction to the world of AKs, a megathread first post done right. I go back and forth about if/when/what kind of AK I'm interested in and at least now I'll be well informed about the decision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

ShaiHulud posted:

I wasn't aware that I started. That picture is part of a template that's been floating around for a while - I think Marsh Hawk Arms supplied it with 80% receivers. I just found it in my blueprints folder and waffle'd it.

Between the Bizon build in progress and the excellent DeLisle, you're a TFR prince (or princess if you prefer ). You are long past having an avatar, I should do one for you.

edit: G43 I can't believe the krink. Looking forward to the videos cause that is easily my favorite configuration of the AK platform. Very cool.

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

ShaiHulud posted:

I wish you wouldn't. I like my stupid babby. At one point he had a tophat and a monocle.

holy hell I've been on SA way, way, way too long. I wasn't even close to remembering that some time after SA switched over to paid registrations people got no avatar instead of the baby newb avatar, which would of course make yours intentional.

Man whatever I'm going off to have a sit on the porch like the old man I am

gauss
Feb 9, 2001

by Reene

Gewehr 43 posted:

Here are two from the Canadian crew:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxsFCprLUc0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsuUs5sTgZ0

Right the hell on. Man that must have been a fun shoot, due in no small part to your collection. What can I say? Mazel tov.