Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

I know this thread was in the works (read all 130+ pages of the last one) but I sometimes think me bugging the poo poo out of Mishaco buying from him prompted this one. But I am very about having an AK. I've not had a rifle in quite some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Neo Mara posted:

I got a new Kalashnikov today but it doesn't seem to shoot bullets??

Oh it does. At your liver.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

So THAT'S WHAT THAT HOLE IS FOR! I thought it was for a roll of dimes for hand to hand combat.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Can I ask about tactiloling up an AK? Is the disdain about tactilol gear because the AK is supposed to be an easy to use "no frills" rifle of the people or is it just tactiloling up a rifle in general that infuriates everyone. Or is moderation the key and having 2 lights, 2 optics, a laser, a fore grip, a side grip, a yoyo and a whistle what everyone hates. Or is it that most tactilol gear accomplishes nothing except increasing the cool factor?

I ask because I'm really wanting a collapsible butt stock for adjustment based on clothing and stance and I really liked/got used to the one on my old AR...and maybe an optimak optics mount.

I do not want to incur the wrath of tfr. I'd post pics of the SSR-85c I got from Mishaco, but all I have is a blackberry and I also do not want to incur the tfr photo wrath.

Wanting something like this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tossed_Salad_Man fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 12, 2010

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu50.htm

I found this link with how to clean an AK. I've cleaned rifles before but wasn't exactly sure on AK particulars. I'm not sure about cleaning the gas piston with a rotary grinder though. What really needs to be cleaned in between firing? How involved do most of you get with cleaning?

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Miso Beno posted:

They were pretty hot. PS: one of those is in 5.45, and the other is in 5.56.

How much are they?

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

Mishaco posted:

Park is fine but its so common and expected.

NO ONE WOULD EXPECT THIS. and you could look faaaaaaabuloussssssss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

If you're gonna buy, buy from Mishaco.