Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

What's the difference between Nato and Warsaw length? The warsaw length is the standard short stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

Do you think that saying "The internet says it's not steel core!" is going to convince them otherwise?

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

I wander what's in this pouch? Eh, some jags and a random assortment of metal bits, whatever...

ShaiHulud posted:

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

Naramyth posted:

I had the stock bent down a bit, normally it is higher up. I traded it away anyway, I just didn't like the wire folder at all.

More details about why you didn't like the wire folder, please. Was the lock-up wobbly? Was it an uncomfortable cheek/chin weld? Was it the butt beating the crap out of your shoulder?

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

It's a modified polymer Saiga 7.62x39 mag.

I want to buy more mags but I'm in Cali so I have to find a source of double-stack 10 round mags or pay $30 for a blocked 30 round mag.

I can also buy disassembled 30 round mags and build them up but I don't have a rivet gun to block them.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Turns out my gimpy promag doesn't like feeding Wolf Military Classic, but loves some Wolf Black Box. A pal using 10/30 mags made from Chinese AK mags in the exact same gun had no problem with either type of ammo.

Rivet guns are cheap at Harbor Freight, no reason not to get cracking on some 10/30 AK mags.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

ShaiHulud posted:

I don't know how California feels about this, but in that configuration those rifles are begging to be dedicated bump-firing platforms.

To bump fire the magazine would have to feed more then two rounds without jamming. Promag That being said, aside from magazine woes, mine functions fine for the 500 or so rounds I have through it. My biggest complaint is that with ears on and a good cheekweld you end up with a nasty love bite on your cheek.

The finger thing is a bit annoying, but it's California - so you have to put up with it. You could install a bullet button and then throw a pistol grip on there, or you could move to a free state...

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

king of the bongo posted:

I forget who but someone said this looked like a groundhog but whatever, I'm going to post it again.

That is totally cute, I vote for this one.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

The Automator posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7hi20TI_jA

This is pretty close to what you're aiming for in an AK speed reload.

There's no reason to rack the bolt first. He's making sure the gun is empty, but there's no real reason to do that. If you feel you're close to the end of a mag and get a clip, just swap mags.

First rack is coming at the tail end of an IAD, and then moving in to the emergency reload once that fails to resolve the issue.

I think the "magpul" style roll to observe the chamber is more important on AK then an AR.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

parkieus posted:

Hey guys, I was wondering what your opinions were on what they call the "Iraqi Reload"? ...

It doesn't seem half as robust as a more traditional method for reloading an AK.

parkieus posted:

Personally I prefer it the a regular reach around...

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

AntiTank posted:

I mean, gently caress, this is TFR, you will get yelled on.

Enjoy your stay.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

Just in case this comes up again... Polish side folding stocks use a 5x8mm screw. A three pack of these from Home Depot runs 83 cents.

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

Where's a good place to buy AK magazines? I've been checking CDNN, Copes and AIM. Obviously CTD, Sportsman Guide and OST carry them too - anywhere else?

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

smax posted:

Bulgarian plastic mags are badass. I guess they are metal in the places that it counts, though.

Not all Bulgarian plastic mags are apparently created equal. Yay for internet! That being said, the one thing I learned from that link is that steel magazines are plenty good. Bulgarian Circle 10 mags get you additional cool guy points.

One thing I did not see in that article is that apparently "spined" magazines hold up better over time to the "magazine tap" style of reload.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER

emathey posted:

I was just referencing the sale awhile back. I snatched up an SGL and after having handled someone's IO INC AK, I couldn't be happier.

I'm happy to inspire.