Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«398 »
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results
The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

They may have just wanted to make another black figure since they probably already did Ron Simmons.

29 of 30 are white guys. Guess we need another black guy for series 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

The American Dream posted:

They may have just wanted to make another black figure since they probably already did Ron Simmons.

29 of 30 are white guys. Guess we need another black guy for series 6

I was about to say that Craig Pittman was white until I googled him and realized Iíve been combining Sgt. Craig Pittman and Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker in my memory for fifteen years.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Pittman was also unfortunate in that he came along in a transitional time. I want to think that he showed up in the fall of 1995.

By that winter, WCW was doing early ECW experimentation (Sabu) and a few cruiserweights were showing up. Pittman might have fit in, might even gotten a cult following a few years earlier. I always kinda liked the character.

Diabolik900 posted:

I was about to say that Craig Pittman was white until I googled him and realized I’ve been combining Sgt. Craig Pittman and Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker in my memory for fifteen years.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007

Lance Russell worked for WCW at some point. Lance Russell was great and is provably my favorite announcer of all time and was a perfect fit for Memphis.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tony is a History teacher now:

https://twitter.com/evanmichaelDbD/...076529716690950

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

I tried listening to Tony's podcast, but his cohost sucks and they say too many inappropriate things.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/PeachOmania/sta...600665332703232

https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/918631353733787651

RZApublican
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If only the Nitro Grill could have served up ratings.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

At least the Nitro Grill had fun with the menu items. The most you got out of WWF New York was "the People's Sundae"

sweet_jones
Dec 31, 2006

I imagine Powerplant Pasta was a dish served cold by Sgt Buddy Lee Parker.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Pope Corky the IX posted:

At least the Nitro Grill had fun with the menu items. The most you got out of WWF New York was "the People's Sundae"
There was absolutely a Slobberknocker Burger and DX "Crotch" Pork Chops. Possibly a Big Valbowski kielbasa? I never actually ate there, just wandered in and contemplated buying remaindered Steve Blackman shirts or whatever.

sweet_jones
Dec 31, 2006

The WWF cookbook from that time was great and included things like Billy Gunn's Badd Assparagus.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

sweet_jones posted:

The WWF cookbook from that time was great and included things like Billy Gunn's Badd Assparagus.

BAH GAWD, IT'S KANE'S RED VELVET CUPCAKES!!!

I still have my copy. My husband loves The Rock's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get running
Start pumping your bunions, I'm coming
I'm the dumbest, who flamethrow your function to Funyons
Flame your crew quicker than Trump fucks his youngest
Now face the flame fuckers your fame and fate's done with

Eric Bischoff making GBS threads on everything WCW owns.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Edge & Christian posted:

There was absolutely a Slobberknocker Burger and DX "Crotch" Pork Chops. Possibly a Big Valbowski kielbasa? I never actually ate there, just wandered in and contemplated buying remaindered Steve Blackman shirts or whatever.

I know you really want to believe that, but you're wrong. Not only was I there a few times when it was still open, but here's the menu:

Not the best quality, but you can still see that almost all the menu items have regular boring names and descriptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I know you really want to believe that, but you're wrong. Not only was I there a few times when it was still open, but here's the menu:

Not the best quality, but you can still see that almost all the menu items have regular boring names and descriptions.
As other people have semi-pointed out, I am probably mixing up Jim Ross's cookbooks with the WWF New York menu. I probably bought those cookbooks on clearance *at* WWF New York. I have them around somewhere, so those specific menu items might not have been in there, but it was definitely full of actual puns/wrestling names for basic rear end recipes.

The only two recipes I explicitly remember trying from it were:

-Mark Henry's Sexual Chocolate Cake, which I think we probably screwed up because it turned into sludge

-The Undertaker's Turkey Tetrazzini, which was incredibly off-brand but pretty decent, though I had just moved into my own place in college so my standards were probably pretty low

It was way better than Mark Henry's Filth Pie though.

«398 »