Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
They may have just wanted to make another black figure since they probably already did Ron Simmons.

29 of 30 are white guys. Guess we need another black guy for series 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The American Dream posted:

They may have just wanted to make another black figure since they probably already did Ron Simmons.

29 of 30 are white guys. Guess we need another black guy for series 6

I was about to say that Craig Pittman was white until I googled him and realized I’ve been combining Sgt. Craig Pittman and Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker in my memory for fifteen years.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Pittman was also unfortunate in that he came along in a transitional time. I want to think that he showed up in the fall of 1995.

By that winter, WCW was doing early ECW experimentation (Sabu) and a few cruiserweights were showing up. Pittman might have fit in, might even gotten a cult following a few years earlier. I always kinda liked the character.

Diabolik900 posted:

I was about to say that Craig Pittman was white until I googled him and realized I’ve been combining Sgt. Craig Pittman and Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker in my memory for fifteen years.

:staredog:

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Lance Russell worked for WCW at some point. Lance Russell was great and is provably my favorite announcer of all time and was a perfect fit for Memphis.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tony is a History teacher now:

https://twitter.com/evanmichaelDbD/status/916076529716690950

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I tried listening to Tony's podcast, but his cohost sucks and they say too many inappropriate things.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/PeachOmania/status/918600665332703232

https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/918631353733787651

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If only the Nitro Grill could have served up ratings.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
At least the Nitro Grill had fun with the menu items. The most you got out of WWF New York was "the People's Sundae"

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

I imagine Powerplant Pasta was a dish served cold by Sgt Buddy Lee Parker.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Pope Corky the IX posted:

At least the Nitro Grill had fun with the menu items. The most you got out of WWF New York was "the People's Sundae"
There was absolutely a Slobberknocker Burger and DX "Crotch" Pork Chops. Possibly a Big Valbowski kielbasa? I never actually ate there, just wandered in and contemplated buying remaindered Steve Blackman shirts or whatever.

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

The WWF cookbook from that time was great and included things like Billy Gunn's Badd Assparagus.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

sweet_jones posted:

The WWF cookbook from that time was great and included things like Billy Gunn's Badd Assparagus.

BAH GAWD, IT'S KANE'S RED VELVET CUPCAKES!!! :bahgawd:

I still have my copy. My husband loves The Rock's Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eric Bischoff making GBS threads on everything WCW owns.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Edge & Christian posted:

There was absolutely a Slobberknocker Burger and DX "Crotch" Pork Chops. Possibly a Big Valbowski kielbasa? I never actually ate there, just wandered in and contemplated buying remaindered Steve Blackman shirts or whatever.

I know you really want to believe that, but you're wrong. Not only was I there a few times when it was still open, but here's the menu:

Not the best quality, but you can still see that almost all the menu items have regular boring names and descriptions.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I know you really want to believe that, but you're wrong. Not only was I there a few times when it was still open, but here's the menu:

Not the best quality, but you can still see that almost all the menu items have regular boring names and descriptions.
As other people have semi-pointed out, I am probably mixing up Jim Ross's cookbooks with the WWF New York menu. I probably bought those cookbooks on clearance *at* WWF New York. I have them around somewhere, so those specific menu items might not have been in there, but it was definitely full of actual puns/wrestling names for basic rear end recipes.

The only two recipes I explicitly remember trying from it were:

-Mark Henry's Sexual Chocolate Cake, which I think we probably screwed up because it turned into sludge

-The Undertaker's Turkey Tetrazzini, which was incredibly off-brand but pretty decent, though I had just moved into my own place in college so my standards were probably pretty low

It was way better than Mark Henry's Filth Pie though.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
I'm flipping channels and el gigante in on baywatch playing I'm going to guess David hasselhoffs sons misunderstood gorilla man friend.

It's a music montage and they're playing carnival games. El gigante is really cleaning up.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WHWMonday/status/923963956540125185

Yes, Starrcade is still a live event only. Won't aired on the Network.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so my buddy and i watched two war games matches tonight. first we watched the nitro with the last war games match, using the TRIPLE CAGE. it was absolutely the worst loving thing i've ever watched. there were fourteen moves in a half hour match with 8 participants. one of them was a dropkick. i think two were scorpion deathlocks. the camera work misses like half of what happens. at one point konnan and chronic and the harris brothers appear in the crowd, when they were last seen outside the second cage. it is never explained how they teleported to the crowd. also, when they come back into the cage from getting the belt, sting is handcuffed to the cage. we never see this happen either, he's just fuckin handcuffed. kevin nash spends three quarters of the match leaning against the cage watching it happen, at the end jarrett hands him the belt and he steps out with it

then we watched fall brawl 98 which had a mostly whatever war games match until hogan shows up, knocks everyone out so he can wrestle warrior for a minute, and then leaves, at which point ddp and stevie ray wake up and ddp gets the pin, the end. so goddamn stupid.

also that was the show where davey boy hurt his back.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Suffice to say the last two War Games are the polar opposite of the first two.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Not quite WCW, but the first Ric Flair-Jack Veneno match has surfaced on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR0VIbwy_C4

It's edited in places, but given this was taped from a stadium show for TV, it's likely as complete as it's going to get. The pin seems to be from another tape.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The 10/23/00 Observer back issue has some details about the first attempt to sell WCW to the WWF and this great quote.

quote:

WCW wrestlers did what is supposed to be an interpromotional angle with the TV show "Battledome." It starts off with several shows in a row on Battledome where the Battledome Warriors challenge and badmouth WCW, like pretty much everyone who ever watches the show does.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
We need to watch Battledome

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

We need to watch Rollergames.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

No, but I do have some Roller Derby I plan to show eventually.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
After Nitro dies, we can start watching ECW Hardcore TV! And every week, we can blow off the main event for RollerJam!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we need to watch the episode of charmed where alyssa milano beats up scott steiner

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So context is this week I heard a friend say the infamous WCW logo looked like a fidget spinner

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

No, but I do have some Roller Derby I plan to show eventually.

code:
Dave Meltzer has joined the chat

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

code:
Dave Meltzer has joined the chat

I'd be thrilled to have Uncle Dave over.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ChrisBTY posted:

We need to watch Rollerjam.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

So context is this week I heard a friend say the infamous WCW logo looked like a fidget spinner

That poo poo looks dangerous man be careful!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The infamous Nitro with no wrestling in the first hour is an absolute loving abortion and wwe should pay for therapy for anyone who watches it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The infamous Nitro with no wrestling in the first hour is an absolute loving abortion and wwe should pay for therapy for anyone who watches it

Technically there's a separate WCW holding company for their liabilities that isn't owned by WWE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

Technically there's a separate WCW holding company for their liabilities that isn't owned by WWE

If you watch it on the Network WWE should be liable!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
An hour of Hogan and Nash trying to get laid. At onenpoint it's implied they're going to Eiffel tower a girl

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

An hour of Hogan and Nash trying to get laid. At onenpoint it's implied they're going to Eiffel tower a girl

And treating Ric Flair like an rear end in a top hat because he didn't get pissed off at his son betraying him for a woman.
The legacy of the "Mega nWo' will be that it solely existed to be David Flair's wingmen.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

Rock
Rock
Rock
Rollergames!!

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

exploded mummy posted:

i am always down for ultimate body slam

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Nov 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

exploded mummy posted:

And see a young Terry Crews in one of his first roles. I don't know why I loved Battle Dome as a kid.