Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«421 »
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results
exploded mummy
Sep 10, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Doctor Rope

coconono posted:

I'm still stunned that someone ok'd the whole Doomsday Cage Match fiasco. Someone actually sat down with blueprints and poo poo, built the fucker, they hyped a match but somewhere along the lines never really figured out what the rules were supposed to be or enforce them. I was crying with laughter when Hogan and Savage escaped the thing(which was everyone sorta assumed was the finish), no bell rang so they ran back in a pinned someone.

That said, if someone ever redoes that match with actual rules(fight your way out, don't get pinned!) I would watch it in a heartbeat. I'm will never not watch gimmick cage matches.

lee-marshall-chalkboard.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exploded mummy
Sep 10, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Doctor Rope

I'd like to think they actually did do the rules for the match, but had to basically toss them out (other than rule #1 Hogans going over) when they got to the arena and saw the drat thing built realized that no one in the stands would actually be able to see the main event.

So they changed the escape stip to let the people actually wrestle where people could see then it all fell apart further

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

coconono posted:

I'm still stunned that someone ok'd the whole Doomsday Cage Match fiasco. Someone actually sat down with blueprints and poo poo, built the fucker, they hyped a match but somewhere along the lines never really figured out what the rules were supposed to be or enforce them. I was crying with laughter when Hogan and Savage escaped the thing(which was everyone sorta assumed was the finish), no bell rang so they ran back in a pinned someone.

That said, if someone ever redoes that match with actual rules(fight your way out, don't get pinned!) I would watch it in a heartbeat. I'm will never not watch gimmick cage matches.

It did WCW's PPV buy record to that point too! (or maybe second highest I have to check.)

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at Jul 16, 2018 around 18:03

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Hedgehog Pie posted:

My favourite detail of the Doomsday Cage match that often seems to be forgotten is that Flair was actually the world champion going into it.

He was on the first level with Arn. Hogan and Savage were done with them in about five minutes.

Flair was also the one of out of all 8 heels who ate the pinfall.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

MassRafTer posted:

It did WCW's PPV buy record to that point too! (or maybe second highest I have to check.)

I guess if you can find 4 friends with $5 each why not get this one. Itís more interesting then a 1v1 match you watch a couple dozen of each week

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

The American Dream posted:

I guess if you can find 4 friends with $5 each why not get this one. Itís more interesting then a 1v1 match you watch a couple dozen of each week

Congrats you have captured Eric Bischoff's actual pre-NWO mindset.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Shiki Dan posted:

Flair was also the one of out of all 8 heels who ate the pinfall.

Flair has to be the bitch boy for hogan don't you know?

Hogan and savage bopping everyone on the heads with frying pans was too funny. Wasn't hogan pretty much handling everyone by himself? I remember fall brawl '95 had the same thing; the good guys were getting destroyed until super hogan came in and beat everyone.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

Itís been like 5 years but I donít recall Hoganís back hitting the mat once during that match. Savage did all the bumping for the baby faces. Which was ok because Savage was awesome(and crazier than Scott Steiner).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Hogan pretty much destroyed the dungeon of doom during that storyline. Anyone on his side were pretty much just along for the ride, but when you're paying Hogan $3,000,00+ a year you will make him a big deal.

«421 »