Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Who the heck is Bunkhouse Buck?
You’ll be sorry you asked.

Indeed, WCW Magazine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

why did somebody slit Kimberly's throat for this keychain

why is she bleeding green

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

he just stuck with ECW through the entire period of time where he was actually good, and only ended up in the "big leagues" when he was starting to fall off.
Ignoring his first run in the WWF in like 1990-91 as a JTTS, he was doomed from the start of his run as Dean Douglas since it was a lovely gimmick and Scott Hall outright told the bookers he wasn't ready for the "big leagues".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sid is cool.

https://twitter.com/ageofthefever/status/1267527169837797378

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:lmao:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"this is because your booking will be offensive in the future"

because Sid'a fuckin lunatic and has no conception of past present or future.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Better Than You posted:

Ignoring his first run in the WWF in like 1990-91 as a JTTS, he was doomed from the start of his run as Dean Douglas since it was a lovely gimmick and Scott Hall outright told the bookers he wasn't ready for the "big leagues".

That singlet was just death. Didn't help that it looked like Shane shrunk a bit when he moved to WWE, but plenty of folks there were fluctuating in size after the steroid trial fallout. He looks like a little kid next to Scott Hall in their match.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

so this is WWE's monster heel huh

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Low Desert Punk posted:

Truly behavior befitting The Millenium Man

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sid owns

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Having his toy broken made him TWISTED.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Better Than You posted:

It's funny how Vince keeps trying to get an evil teacher gimmick over

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Dean Douglas has great music.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For better or worse I can't hear Deep Purple without thinking of Shane Douglas and doing the Triple Threat hand thing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Shane Douglas might be the biggest example of great theme music attached to lousy wrestler who ever lived

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I don’t mean Deep Purple, his WWF theme was good (minus the scratching on the chalkboard at the start).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeathChicken posted:

Shane Douglas might be the biggest example of great theme music attached to lousy wrestler who ever lived

I would add Gangrel to that list, but I've watched some of his matches recently, and he wasn't bad

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

DeathChicken posted:

Rob Conway?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Croc posted:

Rob Conway?

Rob Conway was ok. Not great, but he didn't embarrass himself. Just one of the numerous guys ruined by the lovely booking

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I liked Shane Douglas' yellow wrestling attire and the pretty tassels hanging off the boots. Made for a great action figure. He was one of those guys who got a ECW and a WCW figure within the same calendar year, which I always thought was pretty neat. Also, as much as I think Shane is a goober and overrates himself, even I felt bad reading how the stuff fell out with him and the Radicalz leaving WCW.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Tato posted:

I liked Shane Douglas' yellow wrestling attire and the pretty tassels hanging off the boots. Made for a great action figure. He was one of those guys who got a ECW and a WCW figure within the same calendar year, which I always thought was pretty neat. Also, as much as I think Shane is a goober and overrates himself, even I felt bad reading how the stuff fell out with him and the Radicalz leaving WCW.

I believe Raven is the only guy to have a ECW, WCW, WWE, and TNA figure

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Davros1 posted:

I wish I was friends with someone who owned all of these. We could do a ladder Match with the four faces of Raven. It’d be fun.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Davros1 posted:

TNA had action figures? I'm surprised they spent the money.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have itty bitty AJ Styles and Jeff Jarrett figures that came with a NWA Title toy I bought at a liquidation store.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Maigius posted:

Two different companies did them. First was Toy Biz, who picked up the license after WCW went under. Then after Toy Biz ceased, they went to Jakks who had lost the WWE license to Mattel.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Davros1 posted:

Wouldn't Mick Foley possibly have been big enough in all 4 companies to get an action figure?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

ECW’s figure run is bizarre and plagued with figures that came out once the person had left for WCW/ECW. But it starts with the late 98 roster which is way after Foley. Raven truly has an achievement hard to beat in that regard. He even had 2 different WCW figs from different companies.

Other ECW folks with several figures from different lines:
Sandman (ECW, WCW, WWE)
Sabu (ECW, WWE, TNA)

Raven’s last WCW figure has him in a Daredevil shirt (the one he wore during the What A Mark skit) which I thought was cool. Toy Biz had the Marvel license too so they could include it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Wouldn't Mick Foley possibly have been big enough in all 4 companies to get an action figure?

Yeah, ECW didn't a figure license until after he had left, and he wasn't a big enough star in WCW when Galoob had the license.

Curt Hennig, Ric Flair, and Michael Hayes are the only guys, I believe, who had AWA, WCW, and WWF action figures. The Road Warriors never had NWA/WCW figures.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 2, 2020

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Maigius posted:

Hell TNA had a video game. Once.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Pretty sure it looks better than any of the current WWE games, too.

And that was where Suicide made his first appearance!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Now I kind of want to play through that weird story where Suicide is a former World Champion LAX beat and left for dead so he forgot his identity so he gets plastic surgery and ends up getting recruited by Kevin Nash to join TNA where he can regain his memories and get his revenge.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrxZouoXouE

I... might need to dig this out...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Twice. There was a mobile game before that and I hear it was good.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Xerzes posted:

Twice. There was a mobile game before that and I hear it was good.

And a second mobile game that sucked

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
So when are we getting a Lucha Underground game?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rob Conway is one of those guys they shoulda let live in Japan until it drove him crazy then signed him. Also making a Louisville guy into a french Canadian gimmick is just cruel.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Maigius posted:

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Why do I have the feeling that Dixie is the only female figure in the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

"LAX stopped at airport for copyright infringement" :allears: