Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

"LAX stopped at airport for copyright infringement" :allears:

hahahaha ok that's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Maigius posted:

Why do I have the feeling that Dixie is the only female figure in the line.

This thread made me curious and now my new favourite hobby is googling TNA toys.
Things I have learned:

1. They at least made a few girls, I saw Gail Kim, Daffney & The Beautiful People

2. They don’t scale the figures with each other, meaning Eric Young is exactly as tall as Matt Morgan who is exactly as tall as Sting

3. They made a Willow action figure

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sandman McMahon posted:

2. They don’t scale the figures with each other, meaning Eric Young is exactly as tall as Matt Morgan who is exactly as tall as Sting

That was a Jakks thing; I've got an WWF Ultimo Dragon who's bigger than Brock Lesnar.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
For those curious:

The ToyBiz TNA line - https://wrestlingfiguremuseum.weebly.com/toybiz---tna-singles.html
The Jakks TNA Line - https://wrestlingfiguremuseum.weebly.com/jakks-tna-cross-the-line-and-2-pack-exclusives.html

It seems like the switchover happened shortly after Kurt Angle was signed, he shows up in both lines. It's really shocking how many TNA figures were produced

Since this is a WCW thread, why not also take a look at some of the worst "figures" possible, the OSFTM ones with vibrating action

https://wrestlingfiguremuseum.weebly.com/osftm---wcw-misc.html

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’ll never understand the appeal of burying your shelves under 8 million figures all in the exact same pose. Cut out at least half of those figures, use their loving articulation and for gods sake, learn to put some lighting into your displays. And that’s not even getting into group compositions or paying attention to blending colours properly.

loving amateur hour up in this bitch.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I was so hyped :smith:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
WCW MONDAY JERICHO TNT

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

From TNT to Dynamite

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Randaconda posted:

I was so hyped :smith:

I think this was the first wrestling magazine I ever bought, along with the WWF Magazine cover where Austin had Owen's head mounted on the wall. Had a pullout centerfold "Tale of the Tape" for Hogan and Sting, "real interviews" with the other wrestlers stating who they thought would win, etc. I was pumped as well, but ended up ordering the DX IYH PPV that month instead of Starrcade, which wasn't much better.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/YNAGzS8.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/EdUWJRO.gifv

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Tato posted:

For those curious:

The ToyBiz TNA line - https://wrestlingfiguremuseum.weebly.com/toybiz---tna-singles.html
The Jakks TNA Line - https://wrestlingfiguremuseum.weebly.com/jakks-tna-cross-the-line-and-2-pack-exclusives.html

It seems like the switchover happened shortly after Kurt Angle was signed, he shows up in both lines. It's really shocking how many TNA figures were produced

Since this is a WCW thread, why not also take a look at some of the worst "figures" possible, the OSFTM ones with vibrating action

https://wrestlingfiguremuseum.weebly.com/osftm---wcw-misc.html

I have learned today that Craig Pittman had a wrestling figure.

JonathanSafranFoer
May 23, 2020

Randaconda posted:

lol falling for this obvious troll, even after he came in and regurgitatedwell known facts.

I don't know what your point even is. Congratulations on knowing everything, I guess. Maybe not everyone thinks they are so "well known" and we aren't all as knowledgeable about World Championship Wrestling as the great ranaconda. Maybe some people were enjoying them.

JonathanSafranFoer fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 3, 2020

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JonathanSafranFoer posted:

I don't know what your point even is. Congratulations on knowing everything, I guess. Maybe not everyone thinks they are so "well known" and we aren't all as knowledgeable about World Championchip Wrestling as the great ranaconda. Maybe some people were enjoying them.

some people call me the asskicker

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Randaconda posted:

some people call me the asskicker

some call me the gangster of love

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Hey JSF, sometimes we can be dicks here in the WCW, but it always comes from a place of love. I personally think it’d be great to hear your uncles stories about where the big boys played.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

something should be done about all the people who keep bullying that guy and high fiving eachother. what's wrong with politely saying, "most people here are actually super well-versed in trivia/facts like that, but thank you" instead of acting like they are out to harm you. little do i know that being Gotten by a terrible information troll who just keeps posting information ends your posting career

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 2, 2020

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Me
I wish I was that pool ledge.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Got on a weird Brian Adams kick where I ended up reading a bunch of stuff about him and his history. What a weird wrestler. So many years on rosters but never a single memorable match (besides the Kronik/Brothers of Destruction tag). Some colorful attire and gimmicks used up on a guy who seemed to have very little charisma or personality. He was never THAT over but still left WWF after Bret was screwed and got let into the nWo with the rest of the geeks.

Was just wondering why this guy got so many chances and who he must have been friends with. Then I read another page and saw his billed height was 6'6".

Next time I'm wondering why a boring wrestler stuck around so long without ever getting over, I'll remember to check the height first.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I don't even think this guy is the real Jonathan Safran Foer!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I liked when Brian Adams transitioned from Demolition Crush to Kona Crush, complete with the colorful singlet and horribly contrived accent. I think WWF retconned the fact that he was a part of Demolition when he debuted as the friendly Hawaiian.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Brian Adams has exactly one match on NJPW world and I was hella bummed when I learned this.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Better Than You posted:

I liked when Brian Adams transitioned from Demolition Crush to Kona Crush, complete with the colorful singlet and horribly contrived accent. I think WWF retconned the fact that he was a part of Demolition when he debuted as the friendly Hawaiian.

I think his transition from Heel Kona Crush to Biker Crush is like a look into the dawn of the Attitude Era strictly limited to lower midcard geeks.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Crush was pretty drat over at the height of his Silly Hawaiian phase. Enough so the popular rumor was he was going to be the one to slam Yokozuna instead of Lex, and it seemed plausible enough at the time

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tato posted:

Got on a weird Brian Adams kick where I ended up reading a bunch of stuff about him and his history. What a weird wrestler. So many years on rosters but never a single memorable match (besides the Kronik/Brothers of Destruction tag). Some colorful attire and gimmicks used up on a guy who seemed to have very little charisma or personality. He was never THAT over but still left WWF after Bret was screwed and got let into the nWo with the rest of the geeks.

Was just wondering why this guy got so many chances and who he must have been friends with. Then I read another page and saw his billed height was 6'6".

Next time I'm wondering why a boring wrestler stuck around so long without ever getting over, I'll remember to check the height first.

Had a good match with Savage at WM9

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeathChicken posted:

Crush was pretty drat over at the height of his Silly Hawaiian phase. Enough so the popular rumor was he was going to be the one to slam Yokozuna instead of Lex, and it seemed plausible enough at the time

He was on the shortlist of guys to push after Hogan left, iirc.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Randaconda posted:

Had a good match with Savage at WM9
WM10

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I can't imagine a guy with this gear getting pushed at a Hogan level. It's magnificent though.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Tato posted:

I can't imagine a guy with this gear getting pushed at a Hogan level. It's magnificent though.

Majestic. And also he should have gone by Biggy C.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

coconono posted:

Brian Adams has exactly one match on NJPW world and I was hella bummed when I learned this.

What is the match? Was it good?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tato posted:

RIP Crush

JonathanSafranFoer
May 23, 2020

Sandman McMahon posted:

Hey JSF, sometimes we can be dicks here in the WCW, but it always comes from a place of love. I personally think it’d be great to hear your uncles stories about where the big boys played.

Thanks. I knew some people would find it interesting. It's my dad, btw, and he worked for Turner Sports so not WCW exactly. Anyway he's got loads of stories, which I'll get. Last time I asked he didn't feel like talking about it.

Alaois posted:

I don't even think this guy is the real Jonathan Safran Foer!

Har har

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Crush seemed super over on the USS Intrepid, maybe because they primed him on the previous week's Raw by having him slam... Bastion Booger?

Look, it was the New Generation okay.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

karmicknight posted:

What is the match? Was it good?

Yeah, it was pretty good big boi poo poo

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_67_1_03

IWGP TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH Genichiro Tenryu & Shiro Koshinaka Vs. NWo Sting & Brian Adams

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Watching this on endless loop and enjoying it more and more each time

https://twitter.com/ThatsOurMongo/status/1268211948996513793?s=20

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
I love this one that was in the replies.

https://twitter.com/MyBuddySid/status/1269108407715409922?s=20

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

wasn't this a BANG TOWN bumper?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

wasn't this a BANG TOWN bumper?

It is yeah, it's amazing

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I'm kind of shocked that TNA managed to put out more unique wrestlers as action figures (58 by my count) than ECW (22) or even WCW (42 or 50ish if you go back to early 1990s El Gigante bend-em toys).

Wrestlers just barely missing this version of an EGOT:

Sandman (ECW, WCW, WWE)
Sabu (ECW, WWE, TNA)
Rhino (ECW, WWE, TNA)
The Dudley Boys (ECW, WWE, TNA)
Rob Van Dam (ECW, WWE, TNA)
Jeff Jarrett (WCW, WWE, TNA)
Kevin Nash (WCW, WWE, TNA)
Hulk Hogan (WCW, WWE, TNA)
Scott Steiner (WCW, WWE, TNA)
Sting (WCW, WWE, TNA)

I think everyone else tops out at two.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

It’s really surprising how much TNA stuff has been produced. Two different action figure lines, two different trading card companies releasing sets, video games, etc. The Kurt Angle signing got them several licensing deals that eventually died after the Hogan era.

Almost NOTHING has been licensed from them subs Hogan left. They might as well be invisible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's the same basic time they fell off Spike, Panda sold them, and they got traded between owners and networks until they were just the regular indy they are now.

edit: Checking the rough timeline seems like it was still a year before Spike dropped them and Panda divested itself of TNA but that was also when they lost Sting, AJ, and otehrs and mostly that just seems like it was the beginning of the end of TNA's run as the would be "#2."

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 7, 2020