Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Jarrett continually failed and wound up pretty much broke until he managed to get a producer job in WWE. He definitely did not play the game to 100%.

he did however buy his way into the Bullet Club using Global Force Gold so we can give him at least +5% to whatever his total number is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Jarrett continually failed and wound up pretty much broke until he managed to get a producer job in WWE. He definitely did not play the game to 100%.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

DeathChicken posted:

Windham as I remember dated or married an heiress to Levi Jeans and rapidly decided "I don't actually need this wrestling poo poo"

His knees starting going and got well and truly destroyed around 93-94 where he was out for like a year after having surgery.

But he had a run from late 86 to early 89 where he was one of the best in the world.

And then yes, probably a bit of a lack of motivation because he married into wealth and didn't really have to worry too much about what to do with his life post-wrestling.

One of the reasons he kept leaving WWF (apart from the bad character the second time around) was that he didn't like the extreme travel schedule.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Plus he was in his 40s, which immediately disqualified him from getting a main event run.

Twenty years later it's required.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A while back, but re:DDP in WWE

I really really liked both his Wrestlemania match with Christian, the 'feud', (although it was more of a team up), that led to it, and the whole motivational "It's me, it's me it's D D P" speaker gimmick that came with it.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Lenny Lane looks so much like Chris Jericho in that picture that I had to google if he was real or not

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

HerraS posted:

Lenny Lane looks so much like Chris Jericho in that picture that I had to google if he was real or not

So much so that they did an angle where he wrestled as a fake Jericho! (Under a mask)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lenny Lane is actually slightly older than Jericho so it’s more that Jericho looks like him

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

What's Lenny Lane doing nowadays? I picture him in a fun angle working as Jericho's decoy or something.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
His junk also pales in comparison to Alex the Eggplant Wright.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

iamsosmrt posted:

What's Lenny Lane doing nowadays? I picture him in a fun angle working as Jericho's decoy or something.

Wrestling at children's birthday parties. At least he was pre pandemic.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
He's wrestling at children's funerals now.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

iamsosmrt posted:

Listening to that Loverboy tape and laughing.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This is the best account on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8g6qMNbYd8

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Jeff Jarrett, the Billy Mitchell of professional wrestling

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

i hate the springboard and i hate the torture rack

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:mods:

torture rack loving owns

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

i think it looks dumb

but then again i think abdominal stretches look awesome

especially the one from the outsiders first wcw match where kevin and scott hold hands while scott has somebody in one

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
The torture rack is hella good, so it the abdomen stretch.

The worst are all the ankle locks/calf crusher/armbar submission finishers

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Best move to do to your friends too.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

albany academy posted:

i think it looks dumb

but then again i think abdominal stretches look awesome

especially the one from the outsiders first wcw match where kevin and scott hold hands while scott has somebody in one

is your favourite wrestler IRS?

(I ask because it's the only thing I remember about him)

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Jason Sextro posted:

is your favourite wrestler IRS?

(I ask because it's the only thing I remember about him)

no my favourite wrestler is Dan Severn's entrance music

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Hirez posted:

I don’t care for armbar finishers. Torture rack as a finisher looks great when it’s done for a few seconds. It woulda been great for ryback. Maybe Big E or Cesaro now?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Hirez posted:

Yeah I prefer the rack over those too, mostly because going for the limbs like that is kinda like Big Show's Knockout Punch in that it's too easy. You start to wonder why people don't just go right for each others arms and legs all the time. Just grab the fucker and try to snap it off, match won!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

A new WCW QVC tape may have surfaced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmksDDavLsc

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
this thread has lasted twice as long as the monday night wars

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I remember it had almost completely run down, and then a Hulk Hogan raft appeared on ebay

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jonny Nox posted:

I remember it had almost completely run down, and then a Hulk Hogan raft appeared on ebay

Then we got a goon bidding war going on for it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just happy people remember WCW wasn't always terrible every minute of every show :unsmith: If you listen to the WWE history, they were never good. I still prefer the peak of Nitro to the peak of Raw, tbh.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

THIS IS NEW!!! THANK YOU!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I can't believe i'm 15 minutes into a QVC special from 1999 and excited for the last hour and a half

Hirez fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 25, 2020

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

MassRafTer posted:

THIS IS NEW!!! THANK YOU!

Thanks :v: Does that put us at two or three tapes still out there?

I found some other new WCW QVC stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-llDllobKsE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhufntO9dcA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M65LZW_5RV4

The channel that the last two videos are from has a lot of WCW commercials

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQiboLST9JyTEs2cFNOmwYt8xd1LJwjAT

While it isn't video I also found a fansite that has a bunch of WCW QVC screenshots

http://sexysting.tripod.com/qvc/index-2.html
http://wcwfroggy.tripod.com/qvc/index-2.html
http://wcwfroggy.tripod.com/index-2.html
http://j26.tripod.com/qvc.html
http://j26.tripod.com/qvc2.html

Someone definitely bought both of these in the same order

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 25, 2020

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh maaaaaan this is great

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Holy gently caress, we MIGHT have a line to finding the rest of the WCW QVC tapes. The fansite I linked has screenshots from specials that I haven't seen and considering that there wasn't any other way to get screenshots from a TV (they don't look like he pointed camera at the screen) in the late 90s it's pretty likely that he taped them. The fansite lists frogstomper79@hotmail.com as the way to contact the owner and considering that the email I sent him a few minutes ago hasn't been bounced back it's probably still active. I've emailed him about uploading or selling the tapes if he still has them but it'll be more likely to work if more than one person does it. Hopefully he still checks his email because this might be the only way to get the missing tapes.

That being said, what's the list of found tapes? I know about the Buff Bagwell special and the one that I posted earlier today but I can't remember the others.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 25, 2020

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

overmind2000 posted:

Holy gently caress, we MIGHT have a line to finding the rest of the WCW QVC tapes. The fansite I linked has screenshots from specials that I haven't seen and considering that there wasn't any other way to get screenshots from a TV (they don't look like he pointed camera at the screen) in the late 90s it's pretty likely that he taped them. The fansite lists frogstomper79@hotmail.com as the way to contact the owner and considering that the email I sent him a few minutes ago hasn't been bounced back it's probably still active. I've emailed him about uploading or selling the tapes if he still has them but it'll be more likely to work if more than one person does it. Hopefully he still checks his email because this might be the only way to get the missing tapes.

That being said, what's the list of found tapes? I know about the Buff Bagwell special and the one that I posted earlier today but I can't remember the others.

I have the Nash/Goldberg episode, the Buff/Nitro girls episode and the Sting episode. There is a Macho episode from late Spring of 99 and I believe a Goldberg special too. I have to watch the one just posted, because I know there was one at a December 98 house show with a bunch of talent, but this seems to be from January.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I have no idea who designed the nWo logo, but they should be commended as it was literally the only piece of WCW merchandise that didn't look like complete garbage in every way. It's amazing how consistently terrible all their shirts were, from the 80s all the way to the end.

I say that in the most loving way. I'm eternally glad all the other terrible T-shirts and merch exists.

I remember when the nWo Wolfpac debuted and going to a Myrtle Beach airbrush t-shirt place with my friend and getting the nWo logo heat pressed onto a red shirt so we could represent such an elite nWo faction as soon as possible.

I have an odd nostalgia for the HOGAN nWo 4 Life skull shirt as well, but literally never saw a single individual on the planet wear it besides Hollywood Hogan

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The nWo shirt is timeless I will wear mine till it falls off me

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Suplex Liberace posted:

The nWo shirt is timeless I will wear mine till it falls off me

Clearly you are

4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I had the half red/black and half white/black nWo shirt

Like this, but mine had "choose a side" written underneath it.

Guess I was a fence sitter even then.