Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Arn Anderson is another who always looked old.

He's 24 here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRXbh1vBv8

What the gently caress was up with older generations of wrestlers looking like weathered sailors from birth. My dad is two years younger than Arn Anderson and he looks younger now than Arn does in that clip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

This is dialogue from a back alley in Planescape Torment

Halloween Jack
Sep 11, 2003

Let your word be "Yes, Yes" or "No, No"; anything more than this comes from the evil one.

Aesop Poprock posted:

What the gently caress was up with older generations of wrestlers looking like weathered sailors from birth. My dad is two years younger than Arn Anderson and he looks younger now than Arn does in that clip
This is what you look like when your job involves driving around the country eating at Waffle Houses and taking drugs so you can work longer.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

here's a fun match for the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEsl7BMzsLs

It has Eddie Gilbert, Barry Windham, Ric Flair and a MYSTERY MAN.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

not that I actually needed to be convinced that Ricky Steamboat MR. X, the mysterious masked man, is considered legendary for good reasons, but that match makes a succinct and awfully damned compelling argument for him

e: which is supposed to be my way of thanking you for sharing this. Thanks for curating the good stuff here

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Fun Shoe

Windham wearing his kneepads below the knee, and generally anyone not wearing any at all, give me anxiety. You're gonna regret it!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wrestlers without kneepads/shoes has always looked insanely wrong to me which is weird cause I have also watched MMA for the past 20 years

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wrestlers without kneepads/shoes has always looked insanely wrong to me which is weird cause I have also watched MMA for the past 20 years

MMA guys don't necessarily do moonsaults, frog splashes, knee drops or elbow drops from the turnbuckle/top of the cage

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

Most likely to commit galactic genocide.

smikey posted:

MMA guys don't necessarily do moonsaults, frog splashes, knee drops or elbow drops from the turnbuckle/top of the cage

If they did I'd probably enjoy MMA.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

smikey posted:

I think I have literally seen an MMA fighter do every single one of those things

Maybe not a frog splash

overmind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

smikey posted:

Well, not in American MMA at least

overmind2000 fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 19, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WCW ... ahead of its time

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/statu...7088108549?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

He should just change his name to Ed Lover.