Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

CobiWann posted:

Maybe it's Earth-2. Munch and Munch-Prime?

Does this mean the 7 year rule is a result of Munch-Prime punching the walls of reality too hard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dario Delfino posted:

:psypop:

Mustache superpowers vs. HoF ring superpowers... I honestly can't decide which is worse.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Lamuella posted:

the more I think about it, the more I decide that WCW is perfectly summed up by the Chris Jericho Action Figure story.

Mind explaining for the rest of us?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Moose Bigelow posted:

Chris Jericho's action figures were set so that when they were bought, the receipt would say either "Sting" or "Hogan". They subsequently got the revenue money for the sales.

http://wfigs.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=classicwrestling&action=display&thread=102800

"WCW rigged the polls on their website so that if people voted for Kidman/Rey for example as MOTN the vote would actually go to Hogan/Sid. Hogan used this as evidence that Billy Kidman "couldn't headline a wrestling show at a flea market"."

So even the TNA Top 10 poll is a rehash?
This. loving. Company :psypop:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 24, 2010

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Endorph posted:

Thus proving once more that Terry Funk is the greatest person alive.

But did the horse stay out of prison? :ohdear:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
If I may make a correction:

TL posted:

You have to believe that a talent could kill a busload of nuns while high on PCP and nude and be suspended with pay in WCW, but if someone did a bump into the pool outside of the main event they'd be fired on the spot.

Because nothing says discipline like a free vacation.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

coconono posted:

Master P hasn't shown up in TNA yet so something of WCW remains sacred.

He's still a millionaire from the money he made selling off the Vitamin Water brand, IIRC. He never has to work another day in his life.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Chunky Delight posted:

That is 50 Cent not Master P.

And that shows how much I care about rappers who aren't part of New Zealand acoustic folk parody duos :geno:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Look what I found on the Pro Wrestling Only board

Did you even look at anything on this page?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Counterpoint: TNA Guy and Jimmy Hart didn't make Smoke & Mirrors.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
The only good thing about Brian Christopher's career was every time JR had to say "Grandmaster Sex-ay."

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Perigryn posted:

Juan Cena

With or without the purple mask?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Astro7x posted:

The Corporation, The Nation, The Ministry, The Hart Foundation, Mean Street Posse...

Run by Vince, tweeners, personal favor to Taker to let him work less matches (and eventually run by Vince), during Vince's pre-Attitude panic period, run by Shane.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Astro7x posted:

Alright then, heel WWF Stables that means a drat that can't be written off for those reasons....who's left then? Camp Cornette? Million Dollar Corporation?

Okay fine, I was reaching a bit there. I'll give you the Harts, but even then they were immune to heat outside of America. Goddamn Bizarro World :psyduck:

Still say the Ministry shouldn't count, since the only reason they were so dominant was Taker's MASSIVE pull backstage. On the bright side, at least it lead to APA, Edge, and Taker's best theme EVER.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 6, 2012

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

So was HBK but hwo can you forget this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skeyqz2V4uc

Man, how can you forget the Macho Man's finest moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7E57M17Ps8

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Perigryn posted:

The best promos.

Counterpoint: YOUR MUSTACHE IS CROOKED!

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SirPhoebos posted:

Let's just stop talking about Star Wars in a Puchsport Pagoda thread, unless there is suddenly a Star Wars themed wrestler.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

flashy_mcflash posted:

Waldorf and Statler calling matches would be so brilliant.

And that is why Chet Lemon & Black Snow never returning is a crime against humanity.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Yeah, I'm fine with logos and even think the WWE and TNA miss out on a golden opportunity by not wrapping ad logos around the barricades like it was NHL arena boards. It's just missed money.

Wasn't TNA putting them on the apron for a while a year or two back?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Nilbop posted:

Was Suburban Commando the one where Undertaker had a role as the bad guy who never talked until the end, and then he had the voice of a 6 year old girl?

Yes. Also the one where Christopher Lloyd was fro-zen today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

VogeGandire posted:

There's actually a mention of that in his first book that, when he looked up what his first theme was actually called, it was "Basketball Highlights #12".

Of course, WCW weren't alone in that. I've definitely heard Crash Holly's theme on commercials before, and even spotted the Hardy Boyz theme on Top Gear.*
*The Eagle Hammerhead iThrust/"Geoff" episode, if you're interested.