Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Captain Kickass
Jan 12, 2007

by angerbeet
This past Thursday was the 15th anniversary of the Hogan heel turn at Bash at the Beach.

Even though I was a hardcore WWF guy, I have to admit that before the nWo got stale, WCW got most of my viewing from that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Kickass
Jan 12, 2007

by angerbeet

Lone Rogue posted:

I'm pretty sure the gimmick was Juvi's idea because he did it after leaving WCW. He must have thought, "gently caress, I'm more talented than the Rock! All he does is says a bunch of catch phrases! I can do that too!" and then went out and created... The Juice.

God bless acid.

One of my favorite Rock burns was when Jericho first came to WWF and Rock said something like "While you were wrestling guys named Juventud..."

Captain Kickass
Jan 12, 2007

by angerbeet

Lone Rogue posted:

Probably where I remembered it, or Mullet and I were on the same page.

Stuff like Starrcade 97, King of the Ring 95 and the Invasion are the reasons why I'm the fantasy booking gently caress I am today. It's things that went so very wrong that had every excuse not to go wrong.

To be fair, WWF was in such bad shape in the summer of 1995 that you really couldn't book KOTR '95 to be a good PPV. Could it have been better than it was? Yes, but in no way could it have been "great" or even "pretty good". The entire company was poo poo at that time.