Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Benne posted:

Did Tony ever have a truly great announcing partner?
I recall not hating him and Jesse Ventura as a team, but it wasn't Ventura's best work. Still, Ventura was better than the others you mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

ayn rand hand job posted:

WCW had finalized the deal to the point where they were booking arenas and dates.

NBC was looking to get some programming in place because the NBA was locked out.

Turner corporate dragged their feet on signing it.

Then the NBA lockout ended and NBC withdrew the deal.
IIRC One of the events was supposedly called "New Year's Evil," and it was to have a supernatural angle with Vampiro and the Kiss Demon.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Halloween Jack posted:

I don't think they're friends after Beefcake burglarized Hogan's house and stole his jewelry.
Is there a legit source on this? All I can find on this is message board chatter. Although Brother Bruti did get caught selling fake Hogan-autographed photos, and Hogan called him out.

http://www.sescoops.com/hulk-hogan-calls-out-brutus-beefcake-for-selling-unauthorized-signed-photos-of-him/

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Grendels Dad posted:

I vaguely remember wondering whose disciple The Disciple was whenever I saw him back then, did they ever clear that up? Or was he just generally discipling?
Hogan's, then Warrior's.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

MassRafTer posted:

Talk about a star studded line up, this week's Nitro has Arli$$ and the debut of ICP!
It should be noted that it is actually Arli$$ the character, not Robert Wuhl the actor.

Also, that episode of Arli$$ features a hockey player transitioning into WCW, with Eric Bischoff specifically saying "The Enforcer" is a bad name for a wrestler.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
"78 new posts? Did someone die?"

*reads thread*

:haw: :wcw:

What a time to be alive.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

oldpainless posted:

How much can I get for my Ultimate Warrior card signed by The Renegade?

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

LividLiquid posted:

So I just realized that Hulk Hogan's first WCW television appearance outside of that parade is never talked about in wrestling history. I've followed wrestling for years and I've literally never heard anybody even talk about it.

When was it? What happened?
Clash of the Champions XXVII. Hogan cut a promo with Gene. Later, Flair beat Sting to unify the WCW World Heavyweight and International World titles and cement his heel turn (Sherri showed up in Sting make-up then turned on him), then Hogan came out and challenged him. Video up on WWE's site.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Legend has it one could never mention Hogan's (lack of) hair in promos, going back to his WWF run. Take with a grain of salt.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
In his autobiography, Hogan claimed to have wrestled 400 days a year in Japan in the '70s.

He meant he crossed the International Dateline so often, he gained extra days.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

davidbix posted:

"his body odor and stuff, it had a smell to it that I hadn't smelled in a while."
The Hulkster is familiar with the smell of death, first encountered in his youth. Or maybe he smelled it on Andre after he slammed him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Random, but Bobby Heenan would always say "Who?" whenever Gorilla would mention Sean Mooney, and that poo poo cracked me up every time. Heenan was awesome, and one of the best parts of Goldberg's rise in WCW was hearing Heenan legit mark out for him.