Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MrBling posted:

Funniest about Luger's narcissist gimmick was hearing wrestlers (including Luger himself) trying to say the word narcissist without loving up.

'The Narciss' rolls off the tongue much more nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In particular, 'carpet warehouse' is a reference to those places that have "going out of business" sales in perpetuity. Not bad!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

"The wcw" - bret hart

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

El Dandy won the lottery to face ric flair and gave up his championship aspirations to Rey Mysterio who fucken wasted it so don't send me quotes about El daddy being "doubted" by me. Bret Hart is the one who sucks and sucked and I doubt he could even do anything. God drat

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It was spent on grambling. one of paper equals four of coin.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

really the best part of mondey night was getting Them eggs out of the tree in the backyard. they were not worth cooking up but you would just pop them in and break em with your tongue against the roof of your mouth and do a slurp procedure. them eggs didn't show up since 2006,

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

writing for wrestling is a net that a real writer only falls into after failing in their ambitions. the job should instead Go to "marks" who would feel very passionate about ceaseless rolling waves of the exact same lukewarm, trite garbage over and over every couple of years with no actual goal In sight. Companies that don't hire for the position of writer excluded

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Michael Buffer in the mid to late 1990s would only agree to deals where he received money specifically for saying the phrase "let's get ready to rumble" independent of the agreed price for his announcing. i could believe he gave them a discount given that it was a weekly gig for a while but it probably scaled with the event. He likely did make close to 100,000 for one shot at some point or another, but not regularly. He is a white supremacist. I'm talking about The Undertaker there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Your Taint posted:

I've watched this for like two solid minutes, but to me it looks like he lands just short of the guardrail and his shoulder takes the brunt of the fall on the floor. I could be wrong, however.

You're right

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lenny Lane

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

steven richards was as strong and intimidating as the big show

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

vince has always unified the business at every turn, forcefully mashing all the working parts into a nightmare From hell; a horror that is both unsustainable and apparently completely sustainable in one form or another

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the face plant on a good ddt makes it look real good, like an actual broken neck occurred. the over the top flipping and headstand type of bumps that look "better" actually look "worse"! if you didn't faceplant properly for jake he would whoop your little rear end like a biker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

well that ain't why. booker used to tell the boys he didnt know how to take a shower. and if you wrestled him you had to wash off 3 matches worth of stank afterward. that's why once he got in wwf they did the grocery store brawl and covered him in a bunch of poo poo and he sure learned how to Get wet after that. hash tang squeaky ray

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

From 2014:

quote:

Steve Austin is seeking a pardon from the state of Texas for an assault he committed in 1979 that left a man blind in one eye. Austin, now 49, served 45 days in prison and was tried as an adult even though he was just 16 years old at the time. Documents show he called one of his victims a 'Vietnam loving ****' and that he later chased a group of black children, shouting: 'Kill the ******!' The entertainer, who has always been vocal about his troubled past, is now a married rancher who attends church every day.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my previous post is incorrect and i was trolled into posting it. I'm leaving the post up because of a good joke made about it, however it's extremely untrue. do not think of it as a true report. thank you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you swap exclusively to joshi wrestling then you mostly only have to think about the horribleness of every non wrestler instead

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

didn't harley race have people like cm punk drive him around though and have to puke in their car and they considered it an honor to get his drunk puke all over their car and the back of their head

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it might have been someone having to puke in harley's car. i'm sorry i don't remember, and just say that things happened. and sometimes say that things Happened when there wasn't even an event that took place at all, or any sort of situation.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

god drat... fuckin' murdered

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

extremely early goldberg was a show don't tell type of big deal. like an actual monster rookie in a real sport immediately dominating and starting to get famous. it escalated within a couple months

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

on the stone cold podcast regal claimed goldberg was not doing anything or trying to help have a match in any way and goldberg told a blogman he was giving regal his body and getting creamed. don't know if something else came out after that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there are only 4,998 public enemy pins in a warehouse somewhere and i'm going to find them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like fighting games, and didn't like the idea of a wrestling game if i can't have 'great matches' in them, so didn't like the button combo fighting games in a wrestling ring that made it impossible to have a story-like match in any way. warzone and attitude were both that way but attitude had a ton more content so i did play that for a little while

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 11, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ecavalli posted:

You feelin' okay, Cav? This was a weirdly sedate post from you.

thank you for caring for your family e-cav

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's actually a happy story if you don't ignore that one thing. Yahoo, everyone! Wa-hey!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you was thinking of Ice Vein, who died from circulatory issues

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

david arquette looks the same as aleister black

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

paul london looks 50 now but a cool 50

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if you had a long neck or head enough to get compacted in spite of scottie's thighs then you were a genetic freak and he was purposefully trying to get rid of all the other ones

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lash ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xma7_W_TmtQ

pretend like the audio is somebody yelling out waaow over and over

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mongo called out an umpire for sucking rear end and got himself ejected from a baseball game which in many ways is a lot better than current wrestlers tweeting out things that make them happy.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

something should be done about all the people who keep bullying that guy and high fiving eachother. what's wrong with politely saying, "most people here are actually super well-versed in trivia/facts like that, but thank you" instead of acting like they are out to harm you. little do i know that being Gotten by a terrible information troll who just keeps posting information ends your posting career

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 2, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wore the nwo shirt to my first wwf house show and i was afraid i would get beat up and sort of didn't want to go. i was 11. don't remember why i wore it. i think maybe i thought i Wouldn't be a real wrestling fan if i didn't wear a wrestling shirt but i didn't have any wwf shirts then.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wcw did some mtv stuff including having raven and ddp on their #1 live show at the time

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you can freely sample what was sampled of kraftwerk. it's just the whispering part. there is similar instrument sound usage but no other sampling and it's not really a similar tune or anything. i remember a lot of 80s and 90s electronic music would just lift audio from films all the time for some reason

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sorry for lying.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

curt hennig should have beaten the giant when he plexed his rear end and then he should have won the belt off sting later, instead of macho man doing it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who was the old guy with bleached hair who had some wwe matches in the early 2000s? i don't remember his name but if someone else does maybe it's the same guy because he fit that description. i guess gavok would probably know who that guy is though. i'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he looked like a slightly less cartoony scott steiner but with an even older man face. i don't know. maybe it was ric flair

nevermind, it was just ron waterman, and i didn't remember him as well as i thought. i don't think he was in wcw or that he would have looked that old in the 90s

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 16, 2020