Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

To: Jerusalem

Re: It's simple.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

FishBulb posted:

Even though the whole concept of TV shows being in continuity with one another is retarded and I hate it, if you posted us accurate Raw is in continuity with the Wire...

"Omar comin'" could be the new shattering of glass.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Maybe it's Earth-2. Munch and Munch-Prime?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Lone Rogue posted:

:eng99:

Can we vote on 1997 Dancer of the Year? Maybe we'll reach a consensus then?

Alex Wright.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

triplexpac posted:

If you can forget what COULD have been, the Invasion was a pretty fun time. Lots of new stars, new matchups, it's certainly better than what we have now.

Gave me one of my favorite wrestling moments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBaREV0zVw

Then the next week, the bankruptcy courts said the WWE couldn't use ECW because the process was still ongoing, and we got the Alliance and Stephanie McMahon owning ECW.

drat. So close...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

tzirean posted:

I don't know which stories you're confusing, but Stephanie was announced as ECW's owner the same night as that video, not the week after.

Oh, yeah, you're right, at the very end of the show. I guess I blacked it out. Seeing her walk out, passing her Dad with that smirk on her face, just KILLED my buzz.

Maybe it was the next week they dropped ECW and started calling it "The Alliance."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Well the first class would be really exciting and well put together to the point where you have high expectations for the rest of the course. However in week four you suddenly find the class is now about making bonnets.

Guest lecturer - Judy Bagwell!

Your course's TA? Eurasya!

See, it's bigger than Chyna and Asya...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Astro7x posted:

You would pay money for an audio feed of pro wrestling?

I don't know if I'd pay money, but I was on the road from Pittsburgh to Washington DC Sunday night, and my girlfriend kept refreshing WWE.com/Punchsport for the latest PPV updates.

I wouldn't mind a Sirius/XM WWE PPV audio stream on one of the high-numbered channels if you got announcers like Matthews/Striker. I wouldn't pay $9.99 a pop for it, though.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Quarex posted:

HAHAHA wow, seriously. SERIOUSLY, that is amazing. Tony Schiavone deserves a medal for apparently nailing the transition between "end of Nitro" and "first thing shown during the commercial break" so well that he did not even really pause in the middle of the sentence talking about staying tuned and being glad to have tuned back in.

The second commercial break is funny, too, but the first one is stunning.

If the Giant had beaten Hogan for the belt, it would have been somewhat forgivable. But ending the "40 minute match" with a run-in was just...wow. Just having "the match" during an hour show was one thing, but not even having a decent ending was a slap in the face.

I say this as someone who watched the whole episode.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Lone Goat posted:

Space Mountain is one of the oldest rides in the park, but it's still the most popular one.

gently caress, then I guess I'm the Jack Rabbit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Rabbit_(Kennywood)

"I come complete with double dip! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
What about Lee Marshall? Did he end up at the last Nitro Party and someone forgot to give him a ride home?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Russo's explained this in shoots. He thinks title defences are boring and that no one talks about them, whereas people will rave about and go out of their way to see a title change. He seemed a bit confused when one interviewer suggested that if you kept having title changes then they cease to be special, but he never seemed to understand the conscept of diminishing returns.

My most memorable world title match? Outside of Punk/Cena at Money in the Bank 2011, it's Bret Hart vs. the 1-2-3 Kid from an early 90's RAW. Because I spent the match thinking...

"No way the Kid can do it."
"Maybe the Kid can do it."
"Holy crap, the Kid's GOING to do it!"
"WOW, WHAT A GREAT MATCH!"

And, on yeah, Hart retained.

I think Russo forgot that, in the end, fans (should) want to see two guys have a great (or good) match that tells a good (or great) story.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chris Gaines posted:

Bischoff was actually powerbombed

You say "powerbomb," I say "lazily dropped from a jackknife position."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

MD2020 posted:

IIRC, for the premier of this show, Nitro "ran out of time" right during the main event of Giant v. Hogan (or somebody big in the NWO), but TNT magnamioiusly decided to cut back to the match "live" during commercial breaks of the Robin Hood show.

I think they did this for the first couple sets of commercial breaks, so the Giant must have really been giving it to Hogan for like 20 minutes!

Nope. It was all the way to the final commercial break.

And the match still ended with a nWo run-in after Hogan got beat up for "50" minutes.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What about his partner Chest Rockwell?

Thick McRunfast.

Wait, wrong show.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

LordPants posted:

So much gold in the classic observer this week. Popular band "Wheezer" ("Something about Grunge doing a leg drop through a table on New Jack?") being my favorite.

#Watching Grunge leg drop New Jack through a press table#

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I know this has been brought up before in this thread, but dear Lord every now and then I remember the WCW/nWo sponsored NASCAR and how the promos and vignettes they would run would spend a minute talking about the car, the driver, and the pit crew, and then have five seconds of actual race footage as the announcer would talk proudly about how “the WCW car powered its way to a top 15/top 17/top 21/top 35 finish/qualifying position.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

DrVenkman posted:

Also in this episode? The utterly loving bizarre Shark/Big Bubba feud in which Big Bubba cut the hair off Shark a couple of weeks before and promises to do it again while dressed as a member of the Village people. And then Shark admitting that HE IS NO LONGER A FISH BUT IS NOW A MAN.

He's not just a man. He's John Tenta.