Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Skinty McEdger posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0COYJyPqI8c

The entire terrible match from Superbrawl 2000. The knife incident happens at about 6 minutes in.

The story I heard was that Tank asked if he could "use a weapon" after the fight was over, and management --assuming he meant a chair or something-- gave it the okay and the rest is history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Sionistic posted:

I wish technology was more advanced back then. Imagine if when austin ddp and mick were traveling together, they could of recorded video on mobiles. I actually really wished they would let wrestlers record themselves more and show more personality out of the ring. More of a reality spin on the vignettes they used to do a lot.

Whatever happened to that documentary that Maxx Payne/Man Mountain Rock made?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lone Rogue posted:

Techno - Alex Wright and Tokyo Magnum
Ahem.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Lone Rogue posted:

Tony probably hates Dusty and Heenan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMvF_6c5wiY

I'm hoping that just after it cuts off Heenan says "What is that Schiavone, an Argentine Backbreaker? :smug:"

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

my friend i am watching along with on AIM said the following:
thunder was a horrible show
im not even gonna watch

That's exactly why he should watch!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Astro7x posted:

The overruns help the main event feel less scripted to me. Smackdown always feels weird to have a wrestling match always conveniently finish right around 9:59pm.

I remember from when I was a kid back in mid-80s, there was some wrestling show (AWA?) where the main event each week was for the TV title with a time limit of "Television time remaining" which could be anywhere from 6-12 minutes. An easy plot point was for the heel challenger to have the heel champion beaten, but go to a time limit draw because they were out of time on the show.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Space Mountain is one of the oldest rides in the park, but it's still the most popular one.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

MrBling posted:

That Sting video made me realise that Sting has been Crow Sting now longer than he was Surfer Sting.

He should go back to Surfer Sting, really.

He went to Joker Sting.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

EugeneJ posted:

Most shoot interviews aren't officially copyrighted works - which is why when someone accuses Tammy Sytch of smoking crack in a shoot interview, she doesn't do the logical thing and sue, she does another interview for the same company trying to argue that she didn't smoke crack.

It's a carny industry. Meltzer sides with Bret on everything, so I'd rather see Bret point out what parts of Diana's book were false rather than generalizing that the entire thing as untrue.

I think Diana would know whether or not Davey Boy raped her. She would have no reason to make up stuff like that.

Hahaha this guy really doesn't know what the word libel means but won't stop arguing about it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

nasboat posted:

I was a fan of Hole In One Darsow.

seriously.

Wasn't that Stuart Pain?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

I like how the icebergs (?) look like the WWE scratch logo upside down.

WWF, actually.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

Everything Willow did was a shoot. They don't call him 'the best pure striker who is also a sentient tree' for nothing.

I think you're confusing him with Mokujin Ken

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

ayn rand hand job posted:

why is it always real estate

sometimes it's car salesman

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

This is my favorite bit of alt history to kinda play with. I've always theorized that had WWF gone bankrupt, Vince would have swallowed his pride and gone to work for Bischoff/Turner. But as WCW's incompetency under Bischoff start to come about and Vince started working his way up, eventually a change in top personnel would be needed, and who better than a guy who ran a national fed for almost two decades?

Who better to run our business than the guy that ran the last one into the ground!

Are you Dixie Carter??

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Halloween Jack posted:

I apologize for bringing this up, but did Jeff Jarrett ever have a single fan, anywhere, ever? I've accepted that America has Neo-Nazis but I can't wrap my head around the concept of a Jeff Jarrett fan. Again, I'm sorry for mentioning it.

Vince Russo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

1st AD posted:

WCW had access to all the music libraries that Time Warner published and anything that’s not a Jimmy Hart composition or a real song was generic music used on TV and in ads.

WWE did this from time to time as well - the Hardy’s theme and the first Dudley’s theme was all generic licensed music.

I think on Jericho's podcast he was talking about how people would hear WCW music on like, ESPN highlight reels and such.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

It's still kinda funny to me that ICP who look and act like the grossest music artists in the industry say that their worst experiences were around wrestlers, especially Shaggy saying he never saw pills or heroin until he got into wrestling.

also that wrestlers considered ICP the best promoters because they pay well and on time

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

On a recent Jericho podcast about the sale of wcw, Dave said that he wrote in the Observer that he knew (or heavily suspected) that Hogan was the 3rd man and while Heenan might not have been a reader, Tenay definitely was and would likely have told Heenan.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

MrBling posted:

Lash LeRoux was a perfectly medium wrestler carried by the fact that he was extremely cajun and his sideburns were shaved into L's.

i remember liking LeRoux at the time and it was mostly based on the sideburns

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Low Desert Punk posted:

is that a puka shell necklace

it's the WCW logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Hirez posted:

The only thing about Bret Hart in WCW I remember was him wearing that plate of armor under his shirt when Goldberg speared him :canada:

i was at this show live and we had no idea what was going on when they were just ying there until he pulled that plate out then we went fuckin nuts, it ruled