Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
The reboot show wasn't that bad and the whole thing could have worked, so there. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

I just remembered something and have decided to post it itt because if I don't I'll probably forget it forever.

In 3rd grade I used to watch WCW on Saturday mornings (It was on at the same time as Tin Tin and I used to flip quickly back to TinTin if I heard my parents coming downstairs because for some reason I thought wrestling was bad and I shouldn't be watching it). I went to school one day and two boys, Reed and Zach (Zach later went on to become my best friend, and in 6th grade, with the attitude era in full swing, we'd have hardcore matches at his farm) were talking about their favourite wrestlers.

I said "My favourite wrestler is Sting!" and they laughed in my face and said "haha you watch WCW???"

Which is why I switched to the WWF.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Dylar Addict posted:

what the hell who cares what their names were

you?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Benign posted:

Reading through this thread makes me wonder why I ever thought WCW was legitimately serious wrestling when I was a child.

Sting.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Wasn't that pre-NWO? I have no recollection of Hogan wearing black and white prior to joining the New World Order. And now I just reminded myself that that was 15 years ago and I am old. WCW is evil.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Sooooo, remember when WCW brought in Bret Hart and proceeded to kill any and all heat he had coming in? I sure do.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Didn't Luger make Bret tap out to a boston crab in that match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

China coming to the USA's rescue after N. Korea declares war on America will be like Sheamus running in with a lead pipe to save WWE's faces.