Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

Beneath the surface lies the future.
You have forgotten more about the demise of WCW than I ever knew. I was casually watching wrestling during that late period and I had no idea of all the poo poo that was going on behind the scenes. As the casual uninformed fan, I stopped watching because the nWo storyline was just getting played to death and it seemed like the run-ins were just relentless. I remember the nWo all running out to interfere at least three times in a single show and it got frustrating as hell because it seemed like nothing was ever really resolved at the end. I wasn't around when it finally tanked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

Gavok posted:

Smiley would have matches with guys like Bam Bam Bigelow and would bask in the knowledge that Glacier had his back.

I love this haha.

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

I wonder whatever happened to that Women's Title that Madusa dropped in the trash.

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

Karmine posted:

Probably got taken to a landfill sometime that week.

I think some neck beard guy has it somewhere in the Southern US.

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

Rusty Shackelford posted:

The plan was for Jim Duggan to find it and defend it.

Haha, just picturing this cracks me up

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

I also remember when the nWo did a live conversion of the WCW Nitro set to an nWo one and the ratings during that time just nose dived.

It was like 20+ minutes of newly converted nWo stage workers busting their rear end.

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

blunt posted:

Anyone got a youtube of this?

I tried to find it but I couldn't. It has be somewhere though.

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

The whole set takeover thing has actually aged quite well if you ask me because watching it now is amusing and a little nostalgic. However doing something like this during the Monday Night War and in Prime time was just stupid as hell.

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

Von Linus posted:

You know, I didn't watch Nitro or Raw at the time, but I can understand the rationale in the abstract. It was the NWO at their height adn they were showing what would happen if Hogan beat Sting, and the NWO took over and changed everything. Admitedly the execution was appalling but the idea was sound. I just would have had the set built beforehand, I suppose.

Could be wrong here but as I recall Eric pulled that stunt to gauge the reaction of a possible nWo Monday Nitro and keep Thunder as a regular WCW. Of course when the ratings nose dived during the set redesign the idea was scrapped. Yeah, building it before hand with some small shorter clips of the nWo taking over might have been a better idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hudson
Jun 1, 2004

I loved the promos that Macho Man used to cut with Sting and some of the other guys around 1995 in WCW. They were just awesome. Botchamania did a year of PPV Macho Man Promos on youtube but I can't find it anymore because I think youtube shut down his account.