Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Jerusalem posted:

On some awards show a year or 4 back, Hogan came out to present an award and was cutting a promo Hulkster style when suddenly he cut off and said in a completely normal voice,"Why am I talking like Hulk Hogan?" and finished off the rest of the presentation in a completely standard voice. It was bizarre.

I know the first time I heard Steiner doing commentary, I was completely confused when it was just an ordinary guy's voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

triplexpac posted:

I don't even think "a month or two off" would have been enough. Compare Bret's situation in WCW to the NHL's biggest star Sidney Crosby. He got a concussion a YEAR ago and is still out.

It's completely crazy that Bret got a major concussion then KEPT GETTING HIT IN THE HEAD.

Crosby got a concussion, came back for 8 games after being out for nearly a year, then he got hit again and started having concussion symptoms and nobody knows when he'll be back this time.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
You can just look at how badly the people that admit to having had concussions in the past post on here and make a pretty good case for Vince Russo's concussions contributing to how awfully he books wrestling.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Luigi Thirty posted:

Someone brought a car door into the ECW Arena and gave it to someone I forget. They rolled down the window and hit Sandman with it.

There was a cool hardcore match on the Syfy version of ECW where Tommy Dreamer brought a hot dog cart and a bunch of weapons out and Christian came out with a car door. I have no clue when it was but I remember Christian won with a Killswitch on the door in the middle of the ring and that Tommy Dreamer randomly ate a hot dog at one part.