Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Truely, this man is the greatest commentator that WCW ever had.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9...er-part-1_sport

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Do any of you have any reason to believe that the New Blood were supposed to be anything but heels aside from, "I want WCW to have been dumber than they already were, god dammit!"

New Blood were always the heels. If you think otherwise you're a loving retard.

The very fact that the veterans were called 'The Millionaires Club' should probably clue you in to who was originally meant to be the heel faction in that storyline.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Timby posted:

Oh, dear God, I just turned this on to discover Tank Abbott singing.

I ... my Lord. What have I done?

They told you to get up on your feet.
They told you to put your hands together.
You failed to comply.
This is their punishment.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Save Russian Jews posted:

From the first video:

I didn't know the Iron Sheik posted youtube comments.

(gently caress Mario Lopez)

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

This is probably the best place to post this, I won't be able to do the standard monthly Sunday Nostalgia show this week, would anyone have any objection to opening up the MYSTERY BOX on Saturday, instead? Otherwise I'll have to leave it at least a couple of weeks since Mania is next week.

That'd be cool. Despite the booking, I think DesX will be a PPV full of good wrestling so I'd want to watch it as well as the nostalgia thread.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

I'm fairly certain the opposite is true.

Even if one isn't a DDP fan, you can't not be excited to see him. He's just so enthusiastic about everything. He's excited, so you're excited.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Only if the crowd is cheering someone you don't like, or booing someone you do.

Because wrestling companies NEVER alter the audio in post in order to make you believe what they want you to

"CODY CODY CODY CODY"
"CENA CENA CENA CENA"

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Apr 15, 2010

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

My friend has just given me a few burned DVDs with every episode of 2000 Nitro on them. I'm scared to watch.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lamuella posted:

was Steiner over enough to be allowed to do all this, or were WCW management just loving terrified of him?

The thing with Steiner was that if he was suspended without pay, he would have been in violation of his parole so he would have had to go to prison.

EDIT: Probation. Not parole.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Someone linked me the WCW recaps on DDT Digest yesterday. Some of these are hilarious in hindsight

# In a big upset, Bill Goldberg pinned Hugh Morrus after a long standing suplex.

* Get rid of Goldberg's tattoos, and he's a dead ringer for "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Right down to the attire.
* Hugh Morrus is over tonight.
* Oh, my! Goldberg kicked out after a No Laughing Matter! No one has done that before! (not sure if he's being sarcastic here)
* Goldberg refused to interview with Okerlund after the match. Given that, I like Goldberg already.
* Tenay was stumped and didn't know who Goldberg was. In fact, neither do I. Can anyone tell me. And before you e-mail me, it's not Perry Saturn. Goldberg's missing some of Saturn's tattoos.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Endorph posted:

North Korea is basically cartoonishly evil. When they inevitably invade a major country, it will probably involve them wearing Star Wars stormtrooper outfits and speakers blasting Imperial March.

At which point they face a force more devestating than both China's and the US's armies. Lawyers representing both George Lucas and John Williams. No more fancy palaces for you, Dear Leader.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

El Axo Grande posted:

In all fairness, the only reason he ever got a main event push is because he was the only white cruiserweight

ďYou will never ever, ever, ever, ever see the Japanese wrestlers or the Mexican wrestlers over in American mainstream wrestling. Iím an American. If Iím watching wrestling here in America, I donít give a poo poo about a Japanese guy. I donít give a poo poo about a Mexican guy. Iím from America, and thatís what I want to see.Ē

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Moe_Rahn posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm pretty sure that was the joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Alaois posted:

imagine if WCW didn't re-up Hogan's contract and he went back to WWF just in time for Wrestlemania 14

Vince had just let Bret Hart go because he couldn't afford the contract AND had just spent big on Tyson. Hogan didn't have anywhere else to go