Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kedo
Nov 27, 2007

I have this great idea and you will be really lucky if I choose to work with you because think of how much work you'll get when everyone knows you coded my idea! You should do it for free.

It's Facebook for Uber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Make it the Harvard of AirBnB and I'm in.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

My favourite Uber joke is the one where they fire their CEO, CTO, CFO etc, etc and in doing so become the worlds first self driving car company.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Seeking freelance backend devs! I do a lot of frontend and UX work with a few different companies and we're always in need of reliable, skilled backend developers.

Languages/frameworks/tools: Rails, Django, AWS are immediate needs, but if you're using a modern, hot framework or language we're probably bidding on a contract that requires it.
What kind of work: Most of my clients are design/dev shops doing contract work for large corporations, non-profits or political organizations in the northeastern US. Most projects have relatively tight deadlines, but budgets are usually generous and the clients tend to be good.

Contact: PM or something.kedo@gmail.com, send some work samples if you can!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

kedo posted:

Seeking freelance backend devs! I do a lot of frontend and UX work with a few different companies and we're always in need of reliable, skilled backend developers.

Languages/frameworks/tools: Rails, Django, AWS are immediate needs, but if you're using a modern, hot framework or language we're probably bidding on a contract that requires it.
What kind of work: Most of my clients are design/dev shops doing contract work for large corporations, non-profits or political organizations in the northeastern US. Most projects have relatively tight deadlines, but budgets are usually generous and the clients tend to be good.

Contact: PM or something.kedo@gmail.com, send some work samples if you can!

I sent you a PM because this is right up my alley.

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!
Job Offer - Site Reliability Engineer (Electronic Arts)

We are the team that runs Origin and EA Access. We handle millions of players per day. And we're looking for help to get both better and faster.

You will be building robust self-serve automated deployment infrastructure. You will be educating developers, helping to bring them up to speed on owning their work beyond deployment.

You have a background on making the machines do the work for you. If you have something come across your place that's mundane and repetitive, you automate it and never worry about it again. You identify difficult problems, see what can be prevented with technology, and make sure they can never happen... again.

You are a clear communicator, a bridge builder, someone who tears down walls.

You can find the full job posting here.

Languages: A bit of everything! Ruby, Java, JavaScript, Python, C++
Contact: Apply online through our official job posting, PM, or email me: mburke at ea.com

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Languages: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Mustache
Frameworks: WordPress, AngularJS, BackboneJS, ASP.NET
Platforms: Windows

I'm basically looking for a good junior level front end developer role. Been looking for a solid 6 months all across the city with no success. If I don't something by the end of the month, i'll have to pack my stuff and head back to the Houston area.

Getting pretty burned out from job searching to be honest, thought i'd give it one last shot before the month's end.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
I'm looking for part time (~10-15 hours a week) contract remote stuff in the React/Node (or .NET) line of work. I have a full time 9-5 (remote - Manhattan, I live in Philly) but I'm always looking to bring in some extra dough.

Allison E Steranko at gmail

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

Parrotine posted:

Languages: HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Mustache
Frameworks: WordPress, AngularJS, BackboneJS, ASP.NET
Platforms: Windows

I'm basically looking for a good junior level front end developer role. Been looking for a solid 6 months all across the city with no success. If I don't something by the end of the month, i'll have to pack my stuff and head back to the Houston area.

Getting pretty burned out from job searching to be honest, thought i'd give it one last shot before the month's end.

Where at in Dallas?

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Languages: JavaScript (ES6 & ES7), SQL, HTML, CSS/SASS, some Python and C
Frameworks: React with Redux, Node/Express, jQuery
Other: Postgres, MongoDB, Redis
Things you like to do: Full stack web applications
Availability:Full time

Looking for an entry-level full time developer job anywhere in the United States, preferably near a major city. Currently sending applications out to Denver/Boulder, Austin, Boston, and New York, but I'm open to other locations.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
Languages: SQL, Vertica, T-SQL, Tableau, Excel, any part of the MSBI suite. Also experienced in Hadoop and Spark, and experienced in both C# and Java for customization.
Things you like to do: Business Intelligence, and ETL in general. Any kind of advanced SQL-writing or crazy "we have files in X format and need them in our SQL database" is extremely my jam.
Availability:Full time, but I'm up for some contract work

Looking to move to a remote job in SQL. I can handle basically any part of a SQL developer's portfolio with ease - ETL, Data Warehouse Design (Kimball certified), reporting. Just looking for a job that I can keep from my hometown.

Loutre fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Sep 10, 2017

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

We're in need of an old-hat Cocos2D game dev for localization projects. Unity for in-house projects is a plus.

Platforms/Languages: Cocos2D, Unity, C#, PHP

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
help i need job pls. Professional background of being automation QA and developer in test; also an ~award-winning~ small-time gamedev (see my games here: http://teamdogpit.com )

Languages: C#, Ruby, JavaScript, SQL, Java
Frameworks: Rails, XNA, Unity, Selenium, NUnit, Cucumber/Gherkin, IIS, jQuery, REST, Oracle DB, MSSQL (Transact-SQL), wordpress, angular (1....hey, it's somethin'!)
Things you like to do: Games, web applications
Availability: Full time preferred, but I'm open to contract work, particularly if I can work remotely

frahasio
Jan 26, 2006

Backend & frontend developers - full time jobs available

Apologies if there's a better place for this - please advise if so.

The company I work for has (foolishly) put me in charge of masterminding a complete overhaul and rewrite of our (e-commerce) websites and CMS. As part of that I have to build a team of developers who know their stuff. We're advertising in all the normal places but I thought I'd post on here too as i've had some success with goon developers in the past. I am not a coding expert, rather my expertise is in providing content, but i'm savvy enough to know where things can be improved. I'll need a serious pro who eats backend for breakfast and a junior frontend dev to connect him/her and the design department, make tea, pick up dry cleaning, comb my moustache etc. OR someone so exceptional that they can do both those things

The umbrella company has 4 or 5 trading brands (each with their own website) and all deal with musical supplies (instruments, accessories, sheet music, etc etc). It's a pretty big operation but very little of our business is done online (hardly surprising if you see the current sites).

The main system was built in the 90s using ASP.net and classic VB - not necessarily bad - but as the company has grown and other brands created/acquired, bits have been bolted on all over the place, resulting in a massive mess. The idea is that my team rebuilds the whole thing from scratch, working out the best way to do everything efficiently and idiotproofing/futureproofing as we go. Once done, we press a switch to go live and send the existing clusterfuck into the abyss.

I don't think the MD will be interested in a remote workforce (we've had trouble with that in the past) so it's essential that you are able to spend at least some of the week in the offices in Haslemere, Surrey, UK. I commute from London every day - it's not that far. The offices are well equipped and we'll provide whatever programming environment you reckon you'll need.

As for pay, I'm not party to exact figures, but it'll be negotiable i'm sure - my spidey senses say the company are willing to throw lots of cash at the right person(s)

If you think you might be interested, send a CV to frahasio at gmail dot com and I'll add it to the pile.

Frameworks/Languages: Whatever you prefer
Contract type: Full time

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

We're hiring again:

Frameworks/Languages: .NET
Contract type: Full time

Very reasonable company/pay/benefits. We're considering people with a wide range of experience level.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Back again, less of a shot in the dark this time:

Mobile game developer/publisher looking for an addtional server engineer, security emphasis. Need help with secure access and asset control for now 45+ employees (most in Japan) plus external artists and translators. Likely transitioning to Perforce soon, so knowledge there a huge plus. Support for publishing projects' servers (third-party server code, one is Codeigniter for instance). Flat hierarchy on this side of the pond.

Platforms/Languages: Linux (Centos 7+), PHP, MySQL (MariaDB 10.2+), Perforce, Git, LDAP. Unity and other gamedev a plus.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Two newly opened roles! - iOS Engineer & Android Engineer

Come work on my teams at Plated! We're the mealkit company that was just acquired by the second largest grocery company in the country, Albertsons. This means there's a lot going on because not only is our online subscription business growing like crazy (we just got access to a lot of new customers), but we're also going to start bringing our product into the physical retail space. What's even cooler is the role that native applications are going to play in all of this. Like, I kid you not, we get to come up with the ideas.

Come work on our iOS application: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plated/id954364666?mt=8 . We have a great relationship with Apple, get featured all the time, and get to work on new things. We've been launch partners for both iOS 10 and iOS 11 to support the new SDKs and extensions. We haven't even scratched the surface yet when it comes to iPad because we need more people!

Or come work on our Android application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plated.plated&hl=en . The newest of our native applications is working really well for our customers but needs to not only catch up to the iOS application, but also leap frog it. There's a lot of room for improvement on this guy and we need folks who want to own the entire experience.

We're still very much operating like a startup. Albertsons is very good about its acquisitions, it just means we no longer need to raise funds anymore, which is literally the worst part of working for a startup. We're in the Flatiron neighborhood of NYC which means there's so much to do around here.

Languages: Swift/Objective-C for iOS, Java for Android (we want to do Kotlin, that's cool too)
iOS: https://www.plated.com/careers?gh_jid=878629
Android: https://www.plated.com/careers?gh_jid=878680

And then please shoot me a PM or email me at bay dot phillips at gmail dot com to let me know who you are! We're looking for folks with at least 2+ years of professional experience building native apps.

(also, we need to hire lots of other engineers too if you're not into native application development: https://www.plated.com/careers )

• Locked thread