Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm going to be in the money for a new Wacom tablet soon and I'm looking at upgrading from my Graphire4 to an Intuos. Has the Intuos4 tablet improved at all or is the Intuos3 still the place to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Is the version of Clip Studio Paint that comes with Wacom hardware a trial version or the full version?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Am I insane for wanting to get an Intuos Pro small or medium for what will be primarily coloring in line art?

I can certainly block in colors with a mouse, but applying values with a stylus feels has a more natural touch in my mark making.

I'm open to suggestion for an alternative. I can't draw for poo poo on a tablet and plan on doing all of my line art on paper (and because I like the eccentricity of the ink on paper), so I don't need a pen display.

Star Man fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 30, 2019

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Okay. I can get the medium for $300 on Amazon.

I still need to see if I can ever get my Graphire 4 to work on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have found the workaround by using a legacy driver from Wacom's European site, but I cannot seem to get it to work.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I have some bad news about Microsoft and privacy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
You're out to lunch if you think traditional materials are more expensive than a device that retails for two thousand dollars.