Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
My mid sized intuos 3 has lost most of it's pressure sensitivity and it has been giving me hand cramps lately from prolonged use, which I'm attributing to it's small size vs my big viking hands, and now I gots money to buy something fancy.

For people who have used the cintiq 13hd(or I guess 12x) how does it feel compared to the mid sized intuos', size wise? I'm trying to figure out if should go for the sure bet of wacom or risk the questionable quality of something like a yiynova or the new huion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Has anyone had an issue with cintiqs(the 13hd in my case) where there are a bunch of flashing lines across the screen?

edit - I made a video of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4KzdTqe48U

Macksy fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 2, 2014

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Anyone know how the microsoft sufaces are for digital drawing and painting or any other brand equivalent? I need something that I can take around with me that can use photoshop/clip studio and other non tablet app programs. I'm just looking for something I can easily lug around with me that works with a stylus that is atleast as good as older model wacom pens, if not as good as the modern ones.

Macksy fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 5, 2020

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Thanks for the feedback. I'd prefer not having to use ios, but I'll keep it in mind. I don't know if I could drop that kind of money on a tablet if the drawing programs or apps are inferior to what I normally use. If tablet apps are only good for sketching or light painting/illustration work are there cheaper alternatives to the ipad? I used to have an old samsung note, but the spen was pretty shite for pressure sensitivity, but it's been a long time since that. Are they any better now?