Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Andrigaar posted:

There isn't one. This is the point in an art class where the teacher pulls out their soap box and tells you to take figure/life drawing classes as often as possible.

This this this. Even look into community colleges nearby, they usually have some sort of "continuing education" kind of course load you can look into and more often than not have a nice big selection of art classes to choose from (some even offer computer art classes!). They're not only cheaper than regular university prices, but usually cheaper than regular community classes since it's aimed for people like me who already got a degree, or people not interested in one and just wants to take some for yucks/bettering themselves without an actual degree.

Besides, by being better at drawing real people, you'll be able to characterize them into your manga-style better since you'll understand actual anatomy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Inkling isn't quite out yet, but it looks amazing. Might need to get a birthday present for myself. :D

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Ok I have a really annoying thing going on with my new Cintiq. :(

Just picked up the 13HD Pen yesterday, and after deleting all previous traces of Wacom drives off my computer (was using an 8 year old Intuos 3) and ignoring the install disk that came with it (why I used it in the first place, I don't know, I usually never use install disks...) I went straight to the website and got the newest driver, which was updated August 28th - score.

It works really well after I install the driver and restart the computer, then I have to plug in the Cintiq after the restart. Works like a dream~

Until I have to restart my computer or cold turn it on for whatever reason. If I have the Cintiq plugged in, the computer will get past the mobo screen, enter a black screen with a blinking cursor and refuse to boot up anymore. If I restart the computer WITHOUT the Cintiq plugged in (meaning the HDMI and the USB are both out), it starts up just fine except the driver borks on me and tells me that the tablet driver is not found on startup and neither the tablet properties or the Desktop center work.

Any idea why? :( I'm really loving being able to work right on the screen, but I can't possibly have to keep reinstalling every time I want to work.

Running on Win7 64 if that helps at all. I can give you more specs on my desktop if needed.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

Ok, I'll fiddle with the monitor setup. I think it prefers the HDMI port, so I'll just switch the Cintiq to the DVI and the other monitor to the HDMI (which lol, I have to put adapters on both to do that. Whatever.)

As far as the install disk goes, it didn't work as well as the drivers straight from the website. I didn't get any of the preferences or abilities to program the keys on the tablet with those drivers in the desktop center. The computer will also recognize and download the necessary hardware installation automatically when the Cintiq is "first plugged in" so the disk is kind of moot.

But now the problem I have to face is for it to not decide to bork every restart

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My computer is usually running, but lol that wasn't going to work.

ANYWAY I think I fixed it.

I was able to restart and the tablet services were still intact and it started up with the cintiq plugged in.

- I switched not only the monitors and ports but made sure that it recognized my regular monitor as #1
- While taking programs off of startup, I noticed a relic AVG updater pos that was still running even with AVG gone (or so I thought.) Apparently AVG and some of the drivers don't play nice.
- Went into services and disabled the Tablet PC Input Services. I have also heard that this stupid Windows Ink crap will gently caress with your tablets as well.
- Plugged the Cintiq into a regular USB instead of one of the 3.0 ports I had. Just to try something different, I guess. v:shobon:v

Now to get to work!