Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silentbrains
Mar 18, 2009

didi-mau posted:

- I can't get the accuracy I need to 'snap off' the bezier when making lines in illustrator because clicking on a precise point means you have to press down on the surface of the tablet but there's always a little wobble of the curser before the pen makes contact. how do you get around this?

You might want to actually hover with the pen and click with a mouse. Otherwise, I don't know, perhaps you can bind a mouse-click to one of the face buttons (if you have them) or use a 3rd party key binding program to bind a mouse-click to something else. There's no other way except practice, I guess. After 15 years of tableting, I still can't do it, but my nerves are shot.

Also, somewhat related, if you have a CRT really close to the tablet (-1.5'?) it will cause interference that results in wobble.

didi-mau posted:

- I can't work out how to bind a tool to the button on the side (undo springs to mind given the amount of mistakes I'm making at the moment)and the 'eraser' on the top.

I'm not sure how different the graphire control panel is from the intuos one, but from what I'm seeing you can do this from Pen Tablet Properties. Set your desired button to "Keystroke..." and then you can set it to something like ctrl+alt+z.

Also, just to add to the Wacom durability love, I still use my Intuos 1 (which I've had for the past 10 years) and it still works perfectly, aside from the center being ground down from so much usage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU