Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010
Hello, I've got some questions about a Wacom tablet and I hope people in this thread can help me!

I work at a computer store and we frequently have people bring in "junk" for us to get rid of for them through our recyclers and such. Today, a man brought in a lot of "junk", and among it was a Wacom Intuos3 tablet that appears to be in good condition, although without a pen. When I plug it into my computer, its blue light turns on, and when I plugged it into a computer running Vista it actually installed the tablet. We couldn't get it to work, however, using other pens from tablets in our store.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it absolutely necessary to download software/drivers to see if this works? Will it work ONLY with Wacom pens?

Thanks in advance. :)

EDIT: Downloaded a driver from the Wacom website and now the scroll function works, as well as the control, shift, and alt keys near the scroll area. The space key, however, I can't get to work, and the tablet itself is still not working with the pen from another type of tablet. Any opinions/advice?

Purple Rain Man fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Rain Man
Aug 17, 2010

gmc9987 posted:

intuous 3 tablets will only work with intuous 3 pens.

Okay, good to know! I have a friend who told me that the media lab at his college uses Intuos3 tablets, so since it appears to be working when plugged into the USB (except the space button), I think my next step is to test it out with an Intuos3 pen at that lab before buying one online, just to be positive it works.