Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
I always wondered what the main differences are between the 21UX and 12WX apart from size. We've had a 12WX in the office for a while, but recently a 21UX arrived... it's a totally different beast. The quality of the screen is way higher, it's very bright, and the drawing surface is fantastic. The guy who uses it, is used to using a rotoboard for classical animation and storyboarding, and he absolutely loves it.

Having now seen a 21UX in the flesh, $2k seems cheap for what you get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Andrigaar posted:

Tablet arrived with 2 dead/stuck pixels. Am I ahead of the curve, or hosed?

I have never in my life seen a dead pixel. Try and get it replaced.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
Good news, everyone - looks like Adobe just released a fix for the bug in Flash CC which made graphics tablets pretty much unusable on the Windows 8 version, for a lot of people. Basically when you started drawing, it would ignore pen motion until the pen was a certain distance away from the start of the stroke, and then just draw a straight line. Good job Adobe :catstare: