Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Couple questions for the tablet folk: Currently I own a Huion 580 and I am trying to get it running properly (isolating it on one screen) on my dual monitor setup in Windows 10. I've installed the latest drivers from their site but it's still giving me issues with not being isolated to the monitor or getting some hella input lag even with my stabilizer down. I'm using Paint Tool Sai for an art program at the moment. I've had this tablet for about 8 months now and its also starting to do a double input after I pull the pen off it.

Really, is there an option for an upgrade that will work on Windows 10 so I can toss this thing? It was only $45 so I'm not really that attached to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Koramei posted:

Huion drivers can be pretty funky, like I've had to do clean reinstalls of my whole computer, methodically installing the drivers in the right order and so on to get them to work right; I wouldn't be surprised if your tablet is salvageable if you do some more fiddling, or that you'll find yourself running into the same issues even if you exchange it.

if you're sure though, can confirm my Huion H610 pro works fine on windows 10 with a dual monitor setup.

Yeah, I blew all drivers, registry keys, etc off and reinstalled the latest ones off their site and its working better. I changed my nib but its still acting kinda weird.

Thanks for the advice.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

JuniperCake posted:

Do you have any other software you can use your tablet with? Manga Studio works really smooth for me with zero lag but Photoshop is a bit more touch and go (especially after an update). I don't know Sai's deal but to get Photoshop working better, I had to disable the Windows Ink Drivers and tell it to use Wintab instead by editing the PSUserConfig File. There could be a similiar situation with SAI. So I'd try to test it with some other software and see if that changes anything. If it does, then you can search online and see if there is a way to adjust SAI's settings to make it more aggreeable to your tablet or if that's impossible you might consider using different software.

I do have Manga but I prefer Sai much more; mainly for how simple the interface is. I did find that using a 7 stabilizer was making my pen very erratic but it just started doing that.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

So I ended up getting an H610 Pro, got it working with Sai on my dual screens, and feels way better than the 580. The only issue is that it feels like my drawing surface doesn't update. Ill be moving my pen down/up/sideways and it will simply stop like its reached the edge of the paper. My 580 didn't do that so is there a solution to fix this? Its not a deal breaker but I'd rather not have to adjust my pen because I hit the edge of a virtual paper.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Technical question for y'all: I recently got Clip Studio Ex for super cheap and while it's quite a lot more than SAI, I'm having an odd issue. SAI will not re-snap my pen's point if I move it off the detectable area off my Huion 610. When I have CSP on, if I move my pen off the tablet too much, it will snap the point to the center of the screen. Is there a way to do it like SAI so I don't have to keep contact with my tablet at all times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Weird, it seems to be working fine now with no changes made. Thanks anyways.