Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wood Warder
Mar 5, 2011

Warding off both trees and boners since 1984
Any tips for somebody who is absolutely terrible with a Wacom? I have moderately okay skills on paper but as soon as I try and use my old Graphire it looks like I had a stroke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wood Warder
Mar 5, 2011

I mostly use it for colouring right now but my attempts at lineart with it... I get these weird problems with how I draw. I can't even draw a circle properly as it always comes out lopsided on the left.

Wood Warder
Mar 5, 2011

waffledoodle posted:

Do you have a widescreen monitor? Do you have two monitors? If your tablet is a 4:3 (they sell widescreen tablets too), and you have a widescreen monitor, your 4:3 tablet surface is being mapped to a 16:9 area (32:9 if you have dual widescreens), so the circle you draw on the tablet will come out like an oval on the monitor. There are options to map only a portion of the tablet surface, or to constrain it to only one monitor, which helps a little bit.

The good news is that if you just practice a lot with the tablet, whenever you pick up a real pencil and try to sketch something, you will feel like it is the most accurate precision instrument you have ever held. My real-world drawings improved ten fold after my first year of lopsided circles on dual widescreens.

I have a widescreen monitor but whenever I draw I bust out my old Samsung 4:3.