Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
I decided to explore my artistic side a bit and got myself an Inuos art (the 8x6). It's my first tablet like this and I've had a lot of fun with it, but after a while I noticed there was a frustrating issue and I'm not sure if it's because the tablet has a real problem or my expectations are too high with not getting a higher end one.

These were all done with a straightedge:

In some places it's just hopelessly wavy. These strokes are over several inches over the surface (the picture is roughly the tablet size). I can move the straightedge and the waves are in the same place on the tablet. I've tried the stylus at different angles on the surface and changed nibs.

Going online everyone says that the hardware on these is usually top notch and it's often drivers, but I've got everything up to date. These are supposed to do better than this, yeah? Or should I just shell out for an intuos pro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Thanks for the reply. I've been mainly using krita 3.0 in Linux (I will always be a sucker for oss), but I have Corel painter essentials. The stabilizer does a good job removing it, but it feels like cheating. Someone a few pages back said they had some issues with amazon which is where I got this, so I just went and decided to try a replacement since it doesn't put me out anything. I may just upgrade since I've had so much fun with this.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Yeah, I've tried it in Windows with all the official stuff to make sure (the linux drivers are in the kernel and from what I gather while not officially supported are actually done by wacom devs). I'll see how the replacement goes and if I still have the same problems I'll think about the pro.

Thanks for you feedback!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Tell me goons, are all SP4s this bad, or is mine hosed? Because I decided to draw a few lines using a ruler to test out the jitter, and I could practically surf on those loving waves.

Compare that to the Lenovo I use at work, and even drawn at a crawl it is pretty drat acceptable:

It's the same in all apps.

I had this problem with my intuous not-pro. I unfortuantely was able to resolve it by upgrading to a pro

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
FYI because this really makes me angry

quote:

Wacom drawing tablets track the name of every application that you open

https://robertheaton.com/2020/02/05/wacom-drawing-tablets-track-name-of-every-application-you-open/