Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

MY ABACUS! posted:

Anyone else getting interested in the Asus EEE Slate EP121? The battery life is only 3.5 hours and it's expensive, but it seems like it would be great for digital art as it's a lightweight tablet but with Wacom digitizer and stylus and full Windows 7 for about the cost of a Cintiq of the same size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZyTpLYGNyk&feature=player_embedded
http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Slate-EP121-1A011M-12-1-Inch-Tablet/dp/B004HKIIF8

I preordered this 2 days ago. It is exactly what I've been looking for. I'm willing to sacrifice the levels of sensitivity for the form factor and power this thing has. Can't wait to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
I missed the first shipment of ep121's. I was really hoping that my order on the 8th would get me in. Now it's expected around Feb 22. This is torture.

*edit*
Just got bumped up. Expected delivery is Feb 8th!

Atarian fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Feb 3, 2011

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
Is there a way to offset the cursor a bit so my strokes show up next to where I'm drawing? I'm using Manga Studio on a surface pro, if that makes a difference. I don't see any such option in the program itself, so I was wondering if there was a setting or tweak or something I can do system wide. I'd like to move the crosshair over to the left an inch or so.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
Picked up a Surface Pro the other day. Really impressed with it. I've been using Manga Studio on it. I've only been doing random sketches so far, but I like the way it handles. My only complaint is the aspect ratio of the screen. It would have been so much better with an ipad sized display instead of widescreen.

*edit* Sorry if that image is big. I used the forum attach image feature and I cant edit it out for some reason.

Only registered members can see post attachments!