Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Ronaldo gives all his wages to orphans and stuff, Messi takes all his money and stacks it into equal and symmetrical piles and sits next to them and stares at the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Just looking at Forbes now (which is in no way whatsoever completely speculative clickbait nonsense), they have him earning $88m (£66m) total, which makes him the richest and most powerful of all the sportdudes now that Woods and Schumacher have their poo poo all hosed up and Mayweather has decided to not only duck specific fights, but the very concept of boxing itself

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

St Evan Echoes posted:

Have contracts negotiated by the club's national PFA, ban all non-PFA agents imo

Yeah I hope everyone becomes like the good, logical and talent generating MLS.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Jose posted:

makes me think i should become a football agent

You have the right background for it

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Gigi Galli posted:

Yeah I hope everyone becomes like the good, logical and talent generating MLS.

Well then you're in luck, the inevitable Superleague is going to be exactly that

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
If you banned agents they would just buy a club and do what Chelsea or Udinese do.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Time to start a TRP Agency - drat with our knowledge of advanced stats and FM nerds we'll all be rolling in money soon

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Hegay posted:

Time to start a TRP Agency - drat with our knowledge of advanced stats and FM nerds we'll all be rolling in money soon

With our first initial goon client/patron saint, Eden Hazard, we'd be rolling in platinums and custom smilies all day.

Hell, with taff being an ITK and euroboy's extensive Scandanavian scouting network (where the hell he has been lately btw?), we've already got the foundation to be the next Raiola, Mendes or Kia Joorabchian.

sticksy fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Sep 4, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a good thing the TRP rich man with all the contacts supports all the best clubs

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Jose posted:

its a good thing the TRP rich man with all the contacts supports all the best clubs

your dad?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Unironically I'll put up the first £1000 to start it if we really want to do a goon-funded agency.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

sticksy posted:

Unironically I'll put up the first £1000 to start it if we really want to do a goon-funded agency.

I'll throw in a quid and my years of football manager experience. If we bring a foreigner or northerner to London I have a sofa in central they can crash on until their million quid signing on bonus comes in too.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sticksy posted:

I'll be the Kia joorabchian of the group. You can PayPal me the money and I may reimburse you on terms which I may reveal at a later date.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Don't let sassassin be in charge he'll say every player is poo poo and we'll never get anywhere.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Don't let sassassin be in charge he'll say every player is poo poo and we'll never get anywhere.

That's what you tell managers and chairmen about their current squad.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

We should start with hiring all the people this forum's been named after: Ray Parlour, Bruce Arena, Yohann Kebab

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I'll do the medicals which as far as i can tell involves weighing the gigantic pile of cash from the selling club to not fail them

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
It's technically not hard at all to become an agent. If I had to fake being one I'd start with contacting clubs perhaps in Southern and Eastern Europe(maybe Middle East and Asia too) and throw around vague terms about players like "Premier League/Championship experienced", "current/former international" or "from a world class academy". If someone bites I'd contact players who are slightly worse than what I promised(and say the Premier League experienced player just signed for a team in, say, Bundesliga 2) and ask if they're interested. Maybe they'll get to go on a trial, maybe they'll get a contract out of it. I know teams who have 100+ players go on trial during pre-season.

It's important to keep up appearances so I'd recommend a posh Englishman to do the talking. Posh Englishmen are very impressive.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I'll do the medicals which as far as i can tell involves weighing the gigantic pile of cash from the selling club to not fail them

All cash payments will be directed to me. You will be reimbursed at my discretion.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The EPFL is extremely unhappy with the changes to the Champions League.

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/UEFA_decision_forces_epfl_to_act.htm

quote:

The EPFL Board of Directors is meeting today in Amsterdam to discuss the outcome of the reform of UEFA Club Competitions.

The European Leagues believe the way this process has been conducted by UEFA to be unacceptable for an organisation that claims to be the governing body of football in Europe. A major change in European football has been announced without the support and consensus of the organisers of domestic league football in Europe. This decision will have a detrimental impact on domestic competitions and will lead to an exponential growth in the financial and sporting gap between the biggest clubs in Europe and all the others.

As a result of the decision taken by UEFA, the EPFL believes that UEFA has breached the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the two organisations.

In the event that the EPFL were to terminate the MoU as a result of such breach, this would give all European Leagues total freedom to schedule their matches as they see fit – including on the same days and at the same kick-off times as UEFA Club Competitions.

Finally, the EPFL calls on the new UEFA President, to be elected next week, to reconsider the reform relating to UEFA Club Competitions. The European Leagues stand ready to meet the new UEFA President to discuss these matters.

The EPFL will further clarify its position during a press conference that shall take place at 15:30hs in Amsterdam.

The EPFL Board of Directors’ meeting was attended by the following Leagues:

- Spanish La Liga
- German Bundesliga
- English Premier League
- French Professional Football League
- Russian Premier League
- Liga Portugal
- Dutch Eredivisie
- Swiss Football League
- Swedish Professional Football League
- Danish Professional Football League
- Scottish Professional Football Leagues
- Italian Lega Serie B

I'm not really sure how the politics of this work. The leagues are furious, but the richer clubs in these leagues are the ones that pushed for the changes, and the changes were enacted by the various FAs the govern these leagues.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Italian Serie B but not Serie A? wtf why?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

advanced statsman posted:

Italian Serie B but not Serie A? wtf why?

The Serie A stands to benefit quite a lot if UEFA guarantees 4 CL spots. That and Adriano Galliani is the Vice President, so he particularly will get a lot of help.

It's that or laziness, if this meeting was held last month they were all on vacation.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Good to know the Jupiler Pro League are willing to take the money in exchange for never qualifying for the CL again

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The Hull takeover is off since the buyers failed the FA's token directorship checks that even Italians can pass

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37312166

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

FullLeatherJacket posted:

The Hull takeover is off since the buyers failed the FA's token directorship checks that even Italians can pass

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37312166

That even Hull's current owner passed

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

peanut- posted:

The EPFL is extremely unhappy with the changes to the Champions League.

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/UEFA_decision_forces_epfl_to_act.htm

I'm not really sure how the politics of this work. The leagues are furious, but the richer clubs in these leagues are the ones that pushed for the changes, and the changes were enacted by the various FAs the govern these leagues.

Has the new format actually been announced yet? I don't remember reading anything official. Anyone got a link to the details the EPFL are taking issue with?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2398611.html

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it was. Serie A probably aren't on that list as if I recall correctly, Serie A did very will out of the new format.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Ninpo posted:

Yeah it was. Serie A probably aren't on that list as if I recall correctly, Serie A did very will out of the new format.

They better make sure the new format specifies Serie A rather than "the top four leagues" or they could find themselves in trouble.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Jason Sextro posted:

They better make sure the new format specifies Serie A rather than "the top four leagues" or they could find themselves in trouble.

Not in the short run. There's a reason why the coefficient gap between Serie A and the next "tier" of leagues (France, Russia, and Portugal) is as massive as it is.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

Not in the short run. There's a reason why the coefficient gap between Serie A and the next "tier" of leagues (France, Russia, and Portugal) is as massive as it is.

No, certainly. But if they think they've gamed the system to guarantee perpetual CL admission for all four of their top teams, complacency will set in over the long run.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Wengy's finally going to get a real war chest

https://twitter.com/business/status/778744653709402112

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

trem_two posted:

Wengy's finally going to get a real war chest

https://twitter.com/business/status/778744653709402112

But first they need to make a small transfer of a £13 million profit?

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Never underestimate the ability of Stan Kronke to crush my personal dreams.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/dec/16/chelsea-announce-net-loss-despite-record-turnover

Chelsea lost a bunch of money this year.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

And they're probably gonna win the league

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

And they're probably gonna win the league

They are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah but they won't have to pay out any more compo now they've finally found a manager for the long terhahahhahahhaa he'll be gone in 12 months

• Locked thread