Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I remember one posting they lost our furnature, despite being sent by train. It was kinda neat doing my first two weeks of grade 9 out of a hotel. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Per diem rates out of a French or German villa for six weeks while your poo poo crosses the Atlantic seems like the way to go :c00l:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Happy 19 Wing Comox Explosion Anniversary, everyone!

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=2326768

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 18, 2022

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Well, time really does fly when youre suffering having fun

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So, uh, who else has been waiting a very long time to get their dog tags?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I think I got mine two or three years after I joined, but that was like a decade and a half ago. Something to be said for consistency I suppose.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

I think i got mine during basic 16 years ago(holy gently caress)

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

I remember getting my dog tags and NDI20 during basic

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Who's never seen their first aid certificate?

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I applied for my NDI 75 in early 2020 and that still has not materialized.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fearless posted:

I applied for my NDI 75 in early 2020 and that still has not materialized.

Were you in the forces at the time? If so thats an automatic rejection, the release clerks are supposed to put in the request. If not, send me a pm, I know a guy

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Mantle posted:

Who's never seen their first aid certificate?

yo

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Were you in the forces at the time? If so thats an automatic rejection, the release clerks are supposed to put in the request. If not, send me a pm, I know a guy

No, I'd been out for a couple of years at that point.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fearless posted:

No, I'd been out for a couple of years at that point.

Well, if it means anything I can convince one of the people in the system to get yours done pronto.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I THINK YOU MEAN ID DISCS TROOP

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Ive never seen anyone get salty over that, even those hard army dipshit sergeants who like to get mad at everything

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

My Spirit Otter posted:

Ive never seen anyone get salty over that, even those hard army dipshit sergeants who like to get mad at everything

I had a few cold warriors get salty about it back in the olden days

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MA-Horus posted:

I THINK YOU MEAN ID DISCS TROOP

Aaaaaand back of the waiting list...

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

So a couple of years ago, not long before the pandemic began, I submitted a request for an NDI 75 and was informed when I applied that the processing time might be long. The pandemic occurred, everyone wound up working from home and the world was turned on its ear so the card never did arrive. No harm, no foul as far as I am concerned because of how chaotic things became at that point. Thanks to Jobbo, I got in touch with the folks that process the requests and within about 36 hours I got an email confirming that my new card had been printed and would be off in the next mail run. I don't think I've ever had faster service from any other government ID request.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Fearless posted:

So a couple of years ago, not long before the pandemic began, I submitted a request for an NDI 75 and was informed when I applied that the processing time might be long. The pandemic occurred, everyone wound up working from home and the world was turned on its ear so the card never did arrive. No harm, no foul as far as I am concerned because of how chaotic things became at that point. Thanks to Jobbo, I got in touch with the folks that process the requests and within about 36 hours I got an email confirming that my new card had been printed and would be off in the next mail run. I don't think I've ever had faster service from any other government ID request.

this rules.

Anyone able to get me a new rucksack?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

As if anyone would admit to being a bin rat

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

On that note, if you're gonna steal valor, do it with two chevrons, a logistics cap badge, and a long service medal. Nobody would ever second guess it. Or first guess it.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Guest2553 posted:

On that note, if you're gonna steal valor, do it with two chevrons, a logistics cap badge, and a long service medal. Nobody would ever second guess it. Or first guess it.

don't @ me minus the long service medal

NDI75 good for discounts at MEC and Helly Hansen.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Guest2553 posted:

Jokes on you I know the guy that prints the cards so I have 12 cards I cycle through with different ranks and service dates.

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

Anyone able to get me a new rucksack?

Why would you wish that pain upon yourself?

So I don’t really have anyone to share this with right now, but I just got the assessor’s decision from the DND/CAF Sexual Misconduct Class Action and it’s SO loving GOOD to have it in writing and acknowledged that yes, poo poo was hosed up. Didn’t think it would hit me this hard.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Nofeed posted:

Why would you wish that pain upon yourself?

So I don’t really have anyone to share this with right now, but I just got the assessor’s decision from the DND/CAF Sexual Misconduct Class Action and it’s SO loving GOOD to have it in writing and acknowledged that yes, poo poo was hosed up. Didn’t think it would hit me this hard.

Sexual misconduct class action?

Also what are you smoking? The new rucks blow the 82 patterns out of the loving water. Its night and day.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I'd still take an 82 pattern over the new one but they're both hot garbage for fieldwork. Jump rucks are king, stack that poo poo as high as you can go.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

having spent a lot of time in the field with both, i much prefer the new ruck over the others.

the only time it really sucked is when you had to hump the 81 around.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Nofeed posted:

I can easily see how having your experiences validated would be extremely meaningful-- it's a statement that someone else, especially someone in a position of power, recognizes that you've been through something that's wrong. I hope this helps you find peace and healing.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Does anyone here know if foreign citizens can work as enlistment character references? This process has taken so long that now there's a hole in the references I'm trying to fill in- but most of what I've done since then has been vintage computer and freelance writing with mostly Americans.

So far I have an artist I collaborated with to write a narrative for their art, a published author who mentored me (UK, US citizens) and two Canadian citizens who I refurbished some stuff for.

In addition to the professors I had listed at the start.

I gotta be honest I'm terrified of the idea of stumbling at the finish line here.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

I dont know whether you can or cannot, but what i can tell you is that anything involving outcan increases the time it will take

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008

My Spirit Otter posted:

Sexual misconduct class action?

Also what are you smoking? The new rucks blow the 82 patterns out of the loving water. Its night and day.

https://www.caf-dndsexualmisconductclassaction.ca

The perfect ruck is the 64 pattern and it's only gone downhill since.

acumen posted:

I'd still take an 82 pattern over the new one but they're both hot garbage for fieldwork. Jump rucks are king, stack that poo poo as high as you can go.

:hmmyes:

Fearless posted:

I can easily see how having your experiences validated would be extremely meaningful-- it's a statement that someone else, especially someone in a position of power, recognizes that you've been through something that's wrong. I hope this helps you find peace and healing.

I really didn't think I would care. I hope so too, thanks.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

More praise to Jobbo. My long-standing concern (maybe in my head) regarding getting my NDI75 was apparently a non-issue, and mine will be making it's long journey West.

Thanks Jobbo!

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Mine arrived today, as a matter of fact.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

On that note, it's really weird writing a work/CAF email to an SA poster. It's like we both know we're pretending to write professionally, when we'd rather be spamming goatse and swearing a lot.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Fire in building
Meet management at rally point
Disperse because it is taking too long
Supervisors disappear
Mill about for 3+ hours
Bosses dont have staff phone #s
"Well I normally go home now so... uhh..."
Fade out of existence

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
For the record, I'd much rather be posting about ASL than goatse. :barf:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

I've got your American Sign Language right here :goatsecx:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Bosses dont have staff phone #s
They come in handy when neighbouring buildings explode. Recommend everyone get MS Teams on their phone.

Speaking of, apparently you're gonna need a D365 account to use MS Office on DWAN computers, so they should probably sort that out anyway.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 30, 2022

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Some day I will bust out some ASL at new NDHQ just to get people annoyed at my defense of Hong Kong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

They come in handing when neighbouring buildings explode. Recommend everyone get MS Teams on their phone.

gently caress that poo poo. Im getting rid of my cell phone so that way if thhey want to get a hold of me, they can come knock.