Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Pretty sure that's a websense hiccup. I could ask border services about it, but that may not end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Mederlock posted:

Hey, I'll be cutting your guy's grass this year wooo

Congratulations on your extra duties, Pte.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Jeremy360 posted:

There are a number of restrictions on such things that only ever seem to affect the decent human beings. The good ones get medically released, the bad ones haven't done a fitness test in 3+ years. I thought Kingston was bad, but Ottawa is truly frightening at times.

No lie, I saw a MCpl get pulled off of t-cat, promoted and posted only to go right back on category again, and it certainly looked to us like it was because we wanted to be rid of her. It was worth it.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 2, 2022

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Guest2553 posted:

Can't help but assume this happened in the air force.

Hint: It was purple.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Elgar posted:

Except no one ever expects anyone to be qualified to teach PT. I don't know what Unit you are at but I have never seen that.

It's not really a wonder there is a whole lot of unfit people in the CF, it's because even our "expert" staff of PSP don't even really understand fitness.

None of that actually matters to the head shed, of course. If the guy leading the exercise has the tick in the box that says he's qualified, then if somebody gets hurt nobody in his chain will get in poo poo for authorizing or endorsing a great evil backalley training regimen, notwithstanding that the "authorized PT" is led by a "loving idiot". If guys are told to go to an organized PT thing led by someone who isn't qualified and one of them winds up in the MIR, someone's getting poo poo on.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Sir John Eh posted:

Not at all telling that the things are built to take Sea Kings. Not at all.

We unironically celebrated their fiftieth year of service earlier.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

If you aren't an officer, aircrew, medic or MP, your primary weapon will be the C-7 and its variants. You'd gain no advantage from pistol practice.

If you already have a restricted firearms license, I imagine the only barrier to owning that particular weapon would be finding one. If you don't, read this. For all the misery involved you'd be better off to see if there's a range nearby that can rent you a similar weapon.

:eng101: Also, your rank is Pte(R).

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Mr.48 posted:

I found the slide catch to be very uncomfortable to operate, and like others said, having to put in a mag to clear the pistol seems pretty dumb from a safety standpoint.

Anything stored as pile of pieces in a triwall with a sheet of paper taped to the side that has "AIRCREWS WAPONS" written on it in pencil has no business being mentioned in the same breath as "a safety standpoint".

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

quote:

We are certificated due to the qualty management system ISO 9001-2000. Continuous controls of the production process, a final inspection of the completed systems and a factory acceptance test assure a high quality of our equipment. A site acceptance test completes the control process and demonstrates the functionality of the systems.

We are able to complete the contract of the defense for money amounts of the seventh figure, but not having the ability to construct coherent sentences on England language.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

MA-Horus posted:

It still blows my mind that the Canadian Forces has billions of dollars to spend on useless untested fighter aircraft but STILL can't get a simple loving boot that doesn't break ankles or fall apart.

IT'S A BOOT. PEOPLE HAVE WORN BOOTS FOR CENTURIES. YOU PUT IT ON YOUR FEET.

"Nonsense they made my career miserable and it's my godgiven right as a senior NCM to ensure your life is miserable too"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I met him briefly in Sudan when he ditched most of his PSD team to talk to us air folks and MP Corporals.

"Hi, I'm Rick."
"Erm... if you say so, Sir."

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I figured the whole reason they grew beards was to protect them from the salt :confused:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Samu posted:

PAT: the best Christmas present.

When I was in Borden I heard of a guy who got bored of waiting on PAT after a few months of that crap, so he just went AWOL and drove home to the Maritimes to spend a few months there instead. Dude wandered back onto the base a couple of weeks before his course started, got charged, pled guilty, paid a fine. Totally worth it in my view.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The MPs totally have the authority and the means to compel Facebook to identify the person responsible. Why they haven't is anyone's guess, but my vote's for "because they also think that poo poo is hilarious".

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Could someone tall go hang the zero on the "Days since someone was accused of fondling children in the Qs" sign for us? A guy in Uplands got picked up for that today. That's the third alleged sexual deviate they've pulled out of that place in recent memory.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Not sure, all they're saying is that he's "a reservist". Publication ban on his name.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Seriously. I had to get mine from the CFMPA kit shop because the issued ones I could pull completely over my head to about my collarbone. It looked like I'd killed an elephant and was proudly wearing its tongue on my head as a trophy.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

It'd be a solid colour, the same one as your beret. I'm pretty sure they wear the patka in the field for helmet/gas mask reasons.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Guest2553 posted:

No guarantee you'll get back in, possible loss of rank and/or seniority, pension dickery off the top of my head. With budgets what they are I wouldn't expect things to move quickly either way.

The two most important words you'll read on the internet today. Broken service is a pain in the dick. Do not break your service if you can at all help it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Ahh, that could be the critical mistake that the four or five people I know who broke their service made. So don't do that, I guess :)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Serious question because I've never been in one: I'm guessing the weight of the vehicle makes a roll cage over the crew hatch impractical, and an emergency "get the gently caress back in here" seat would probably just rip the crew commander's arms off? Is there no way to protect the occupant aside from depending on his situational awareness* to get back into the vehicle before it lands on him?

(*Which isn't to imply someone hurt or killed in a rollover was being inattentive, of course)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The recruiting numbers for most trades are supposed to reset in April. I suppose it's possible that Infantry has already filled its SIP but in less than two months.... I'm not so sure.

e: I have it on very good authority that INFMN is not closed.

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 26, 2014

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Those rocks don't paint themselves.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I'm a fan of it, if only because it generates a healthy number of violations for consuming excessive space, inappropriate content and chain fwd:fwd:fwd: garbage. Being busy with that stuff is far more entertaining than sifting through hundreds of thousands of actual work-related documents and baby pictures.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

The MP one can just be a guy driving a cruiser around the same four blocks for nine consecutive hours like some kind of OCD hamster.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Guest2553 posted:

I heard Halifax will start charging for parking now too because free parking in that location was dubbed a taxable benefit or some poo poo.

That's happening in Ottawa too and it kinda makes sense. The parking space has a fair market value that doesn't show up on your T4, other departments have paid parking, CRA wants their slice.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Vadoc posted:

There was a guy who loved getting Class B's with Whiskey Battery in Borden, kept going back.

that everything-flavoured wings joint just outside the base is the best reason to go to Anguish

the second-best reason is because that's how you get the hell out of Borden forever

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Nobody's going to use it like that, there's not nearly enough stupid poo poo bolted to the rail.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

seniorleadership.txt posted:

Nonsense. I got treated like poo poo garbage for the first twenty years of my career, and that makes it my sworn duty to make sure these kids with their literacy and sensible career alternatives have it at least as bad as I did.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Sixerfixer posted:

Well, one's dead. I actually feel terrible about this, 'cause as nice as it to know that the rear end in a top hat who did it was shot the gently caress dead, I wish we could hear and know what exactly went on in that crazy head of his. I feel like this is going to give the gov't carte blanche to send us somewhere/ double down on IS.

The reports I heard said something about his company having been the victim of some kind of property crime, and he was unhappy with the level of support the police had given to him when he tried to report it. This made him angry with the government, so he turned to the internet for some rational advice on how to channel his frothing tantrum. This led him to join some Islamic extremists and change his name to Ahmad leConverti, and he totally would've gone to join them if the RCMP hadn't taken his passport away, so instead he had to focus his rage for the glory of some guys he met online by running over a guy in his 50s in a parking lot.

Hm. Maybe staying out of journalism was the right call.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

A member of the Ceremonial Guard at the War Memorial in Ottawa was shot this morning by "a man with long hair and a rifle", who then took off towards the Hill and fired off a few more rounds.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Ert is here, OPS are working the perimeter, ponywhackers are taking care of the core, everything north of Albert is taped off and I'm pretty sure the next moron to lean over the tape to take a picture with his stupid phone is going to loving jail.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

OPS have pushed south another block in a big hurry, running everyone inside "fuckin now"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

priznat posted:

Stay outta CGN, stay out of D&D aka LF v2.0

Well now you know I have to go back to the PT6A thread.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Definitely radicalized, not organized. His mother says he wanted to go to Syria.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

e: Nope, that wasn't a good idea.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

MA-Horus posted:

Why

Why the gently caress did they do this

THE OLD RANKS WERE FINE

ARE HERITAGE

No really I have no idea.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

The other big problem I see is the pipeline from Recruitment-BMQ-SQ-DP1-Regiment is all hosed and you have people sitting around as cornflakes in pat platoon for two years.

Unlike the Reg F, wherein...

:eng99:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

I'd sign up if I weren't in school and somehow so out of shape I get winded running up an escalator to catch a train.

I wouldn't be concerned about that. We had a guy who needed a custom tunic because of his size, dude dropped 40 pounds in basic just from marching and going up and down those accursed stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Our BMQ went the same way. They had a lot of arty sims for use as alarm clocks though.