Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

and she gets confused when every guy says "no"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

SA Support Robot posted:

This person sent us a nasty email demanding we remove her stolen works from this forum thread. I'll maybe post more details later... I want to see where this goes first after I reply.

hahaha, somehow she manages to be even less coherent than
BAR
BEE

flublandDrussiavelt
Nov 4, 2009

by Ozma
quit ragging on this poor woman she just makes harmless little cartoons

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Saint Sputnik posted:

nooooo don't get in illegal day labourers can't you see it's a trap :ohdear:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Saint Sputnik posted:

This is an old joke that was on the UK the Office.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRLe6XO187Y&t=38s

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma
chriiiiiiist

donna the barstow posted:

This cartoon by Hagen from gocomics.com, made me laugh out loud! Mr. Hagen, from Norway, might not be interested in partisanship, but this is EXACTLY how I view Democrats 99% of the time! Tossing off a loud reproof in the general direction of a problem and not doing a thing about it. The chasm separating the Dems from taking action is astounding.

I love Obama’s little squat here as he tries to speak a little louder, to get his point across. The man on the other side is holding a nuclear weapon. Who is that guy? Is it just Iran? I don’t know, and so I declare right this moment that I won’t do a cartoon on nuclear bombs until I figure out who this important person is.

how can a media professional in the united states be so out of touch she doesn't even know what the bullshit talking points are :derp::psyduck::suicide:

No X In Nixon
Jul 4, 2008

more falafel please posted:

new yorker cartoons and new yorker style cartoons are poo poo

you know who else doesn't like new yorker cartoons? that's right

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Did we crash her site? Fukyomama's link didn't work, but I get the same error trying to get to it through google.

e: donnabarstow.com and thecartoons.net are down too

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
get in here and defend your bland inanity Donna.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

TotalHell posted:

she seems like the kind of person that j.r. rose would laugh at for being too simple

lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Saint Sputnik posted:

Did we crash her site? Fukyomama's link didn't work, but I get the same error trying to get to it through google.

e: donnabarstow.com and thecartoons.net are down too

she probably blocked SA as a referrer site. it's working fine for me still (unfortunately).

try copypasting the link in your address bar
http://opedcartoons.com/

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

donna barstow posted:

[T]his is EXACTLY how I view Democrats 99% of the time! Tossing off a loud reproof in the general direction of a problem and not doing a thing about it.

*cheers republicans for blocking all non-republican legislation, forever, always*

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

nope still nada. haha i've never had anyone personally block me from their lovely site before.

anyway here's some details on her spat with the site that called her racist back in May, the "leftist hate site" or whatever she was bitchin about

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Saint Sputnik posted:

nope still nada. haha i've never had anyone personally block me from their lovely site before.

anyway here's some details on her spat with the site that called her racist back in May, the "leftist hate site" or whatever she was bitchin about

did you post comments on her site?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

did you post comments on her site?

Nope, nothing outside of what I've been posting here.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Chocolatier Magazine: As a magazine devoted to chocolate, we recognize that almost everyone loves chocolate. …which is why we’re so excited about What Do Women REALLY Want? Chocolate! Barstow’s irreverent cartoons are laced with truth…With simple line drawings and limited words, Barstow captures the bliss, satisfaction, comfort and insanity that is the relationship between women and chocolate.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

ironic because she hates chocolate-colored people

that's the cartoon of hers that started the flap. man does that racist bitch hate being called a racist.

quote:

From: Donna Barstow Cartoons <donnabarstow@sbcglobal.net>
To: Feminist Blogs Web Admin
Subject: take my copyrighted cartoon off your site immediately
Date: 4/30/2009 12:53 AM

Dear Feminist Blogs,

I’m a feminist. I’ve written 2 cartoon books for women. I am one of only 3 women out of 60 editorial cartoonists. However, I do not STEAL from other people, and I hope you don’t either. http://www.amptoons.com/blog/archives/2009/04/29/another-racist-cartoon-by-editorial-cartoonist-donna-barstow/ And frankly, I’m shocked that a FEMINIST blog would simply take for granted that anything published by the amptoons crazies would have any truth at all!!! You did no research or even ask me, and you assume it’s all right to call a person (in this case a woman) a racist and ruin her reputation???? This is a hate crime on your part, and you will not be happy if I have to contact your server.

I own all rights to the cartoon and the idea. I have already contacted amptoons server to have it taken down tomorrow, and they will get a warning.

Please refer to DMCA copyright infringement requirements at http://www.softlayer.com/legal.html before you willfully abuse copyrighted work, defame and harass innocent people. Please remove my cartoon immediately. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Donna Barstow
And look for me all week in Slate! (all Editorial cartoons)
Why I Did It (some Editorial cartoons)
Donna Barstow Cartoons (no Editorial cartoons, but still good)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

as a feminist all women want is shopping, shoes, chocolate, and love!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

from a cagle blog discussing whether or not this bok cartoon is racist

quote:

Comment from Donna Barstow
Time June 3, 2009 at 3:07 pm

I guess I don’t understand the “r” word. Pinatas are Hispanic or Mexican, right? Is that okay with the world?

And she’s Puerto Rican. Is that okay to say outloud?

And everyone is taking pot shots at her, true.

The cartoon still would have worked if she was Geithner, say on May 5, or most anyone.

(Another poster) seems to think race shouldn’t be noted in a cartoon. Maybe I should stop giving our President darker skin?

Malachamavet
Jan 12, 2009

Above the gigantic mouth is an eye as big as a shield that stares at you with pure hate
I can't even be mad at Donna Barstow. She's too stupid to hate.

Malachamavet
Jan 12, 2009

Above the gigantic mouth is an eye as big as a shield that stares at you with pure hate
She's like a child trying to imitate adults. After she tries to understand a cartoon you want to pat her head and tell her "nice try, sport!"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
she probably liked that cartoon that said 'i don't understand soccer' because she was totally like lol me neither! what's the deal with that thing anyway! lol again!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
it seems like if jrrose! is your uncle that tells bad jokes and thinks himself the funniest person alive, barstow is his wife who is an easy mark for his jokes

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

foobardog posted:

it seems like if jrrose! is your uncle that tells bad jokes and thinks himself the funniest person alive, barstow is his wife who is an easy mark for his jokes
she also tells her own jokes where you're not sure when to laugh because it's just a stupid monologue about mundane things that makes you slowly learn to loathe her

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

so i can't see her sites anymore, boo hoo i still have her posts at the cagle blog and her twitter

quote:

Stop reading cartoons, you’re too stupid.

quote:

I know you hate it when people say they don’t get a cartoon, Daryl, but how about letters from readers?

I don’t get it.

quote:

I\’m just saying that you need to get linked on hate sites (liberal) to really see the underside of people.

quote:

INFURIATING!!!!!!

No, most countries are NOT pushing through the Orphan’s Act, Ian. GOOGLE is pushing it through, and most of Europe is resisting. It’s the Authors Guild who is pushing it in US. Along with blind people. I write about how very evil Google is here. http://opedcartoons.com/2009/1.....-creators/

quote:

@FarmSanctuary don't quote HuffPo, the lousiest, laziest "writers" anywhere

quote:

Ipower is making annoying unsolicited phone calls now - from Phoenix. 972 690 5500 Please make them stop!!!!!!

quote:

Question: is Lost ever gonna be great again? Doesn't look like it. Tonight sucked.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

she's right about huffpost

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading
Mom cures son's autism using one weird old trick...

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now
http://www.amptoons.com/blog/archives/2009/04/29/another-racist-cartoon-by-editorial-cartoonist-donna-barstow/

lol shes so defensive about everything

read if you want to see matt bors lay a smack down on her work

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Saint Sputnik posted:

ironic because she hates chocolate-colored people

Can anyone explain what's racist about this cartoon?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

HOT SQUATS posted:

http://www.amptoons.com/blog/archives/2009/04/29/another-racist-cartoon-by-editorial-cartoonist-donna-barstow/

lol shes so defensive about everything

read if you want to see matt bors lay a smack down on her work

oh drat, I saw that but didn't read the comments.

Jack the Smack posted:

really?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
No fun! She doesn't even get into a real fight, she just flails spastically until she upends her computer and the exchange ends :(

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Saint Sputnik posted:

oh drat, I saw that but didn't read the comments.

really?

Well mexico is a diverse nation with tons of different nationalities including a huge indigenous population, and white population. She mentioned mexico as a whole so unless she somehow hates Whites, Natives, and Mexicans equally I don't see it as racist.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Jack the Smack posted:

Well mexico is a diverse nation with tons of different nationalities including a huge indigenous population, and white population. She mentioned mexico as a whole so unless she somehow hates Whites, Natives, and Mexicans equally I don't see it as racist.
Well American Blacks are a very diverse group with tons of different origins including a huge West African population, and Caribbean population. She mentioned Blacks as a whole so unless she somehow hates Blacks, West Africans, and Caribbeans equally I don't see it as racist.

Well Whites are a very diverse group with tons of different origins including a huge German population, and English population. She mentioned Whites as a whole so unless she somehow hates Whites, Germans, and English equally I don't see it as racist.

Well Jews are a very diverse group with tons of different origins including a huge German population, and Russian population. She mentioned Jews as a whole so unless she somehow hates Jews, Germans, and Russians equally I don't see it as racist.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Jack the Smack posted:

ddduurrrrrr

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
So the cartoon isn't racist? Just her sentiments in an unrelated incident?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Jack the Smack posted:

So the cartoon isn't racist? Just her sentiments in an unrelated incident?
Hm so a racist draws cartoons that are disparaging to whole groups of people but this is not racist because her racism is a personal issue and obviously unrelated to cartoons that are disparaging to whole groups of people

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Why are you people responding to Jack the Smack?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

i finally get the "x the y" meme. here's some new poo poo

woah deja vu

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Saint Sputnik posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

why is this shirley sherrod flyer pink?

e:

gis "obama oval office" pg 5
+

gis "glenn beck" pg 1