Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma
Malcolm Evans was my hero growing up

he got fired from the New Zealand Herald for the cartoons below, but they were directly responsible for my political awakening and I finally got to thank him for it a couple of years ago :3:

moral of the story is, if you see a cartoon you like make sure to write in and tell them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Data posted:

wtf

is that why evans doesn't have cartoons in the herald anymore

gently caress

'fraid so, he has a website at https://www.evanscartoons.com if you want to say hi though

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Data posted:

goddamnit

tell me about it, they immediately gave his job to rod emmerson who was a former president of the australasian cartoonists' guild and should have stood up for him

i've never met him or anything, but that was a slimy loving thing for emmerson to do and his cartoons are weak as piss

behold

GET IT, ONE OF THE GOVERNMENT'S POLICIES HAS NOT BEEN POPULAR

WHICH ONE, I DON'T KNOW, IT'S POLITICS RIGHT?

oh, and this little gem

THE TRUTH MUST BE SOMEWHERE, ETC.

Francis Fukyomama fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 16, 2010

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

NZAmoeba posted:

How does he think banks work :psyduck:

ahaha, this totally washed over me at first as more simplistic hackery

but then the penny drops

I am going to find this guy's email so I can tell him how genuinely stupid he is

thanks for this

edit: done

Francis Fukyomama fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 17, 2010

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

shadysight posted:

You could relabel that ball to be a number of things and it would still be a good comic.

Like what? ACORN? Clean Coal? Reptilians?

It's a bad cartoon because it lacks specificity, and without specificity there can be no wit.

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Lamuella posted:

ahahahaha, an oldie but a goodie

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

broken_clock.jpg

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

CrumFUNist! posted:

he's a terrible drawer

has he ever even seen a picture of Rosa Parks

seriously, if it wasn't for the context I'd assume that was just a random old white lady

edit: and by 'context', I mean 'writing her name on a goddamned placard because my caricatures are literally indecipherable'

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

axolotl farmer posted:

I have never seen the kings of Norway or Sweden accurately portrayed in any Nobel Prize cartoons.

on the other hand, they're not the entire crux of the joke

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

tacodaemon posted:

no but i did find this

ever wonder whether Andre would grow out a long luxurious mane just to taunt Big Show with it

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

tacodaemon posted:

this might not be particularly offensive but it has far and away the most incoherent gag and the worst technical execution in a seriously abysmal thread

does he think Obama is a pokemon or something

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Internet Webguy posted:

one step away from goatse pelosi

is it just me or does this strip make zero sense?(besides the dumb convex form thing)

your yankee cartoons seem to veer wildly between childishly trite and maddeningly incomprehensible

we get doonesbury here in NZ papers which somehow manages to be both

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

substance1987 posted:

seconded

Cartoon Donkey 2012

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Weedle posted:

you know if a woman posed nude in a magazine thirty years ago the republicans would present it as evidence that her morals are too loose to serve her country

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Hyosho posted:

Cloudy with a chance of liberals

lol

InQuiddicktus

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Bestial Acts posted:

ahahahaha for all those angelic siberian tigers that went to work that morning and never came home

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

tacodaemon posted:

these two are just :psyduck:

one is the weakest, most dated, most irrelevant pop culture reference I've ever seen and the other is apparently based on a pop culture reference that doesn't actually exist

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

BobZilla posted:

That pales in comparison to the holocaust I have brought about by my own hand

lol

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Super Saiyan Mr. T posted:

"Obaaaaamaaaaa! I am the Ghost of Administrations Paaaaaaast!"

i think this is even funnier for me because I have no idea what he's referencing

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

SendInTheBlackMan posted:

islamists is a word? :confused:

I like it because it implies that the speaker would also use terms like 'homosexualist'

It's a sort of "pay no attention, I am a tremendous retard" signifier

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Mandragora posted:

but then again I've literally only seen it on vitriolic right wing blogs and forums

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma
Kate Beaton cartoons are still the best cartoons

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Shadowed Bacon posted:

SOOO.... correct me if I missed something, but did every one of these very bad cartoonists completely ignore the fact that their great hero, the undercover pimp detective, is under arrest?

I mean, that has to be worth at least ONE cartoon?

We have always been at war with Eurasia

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Hyosho posted:

Just a reminder that J-Street pushes a relentlessly pro-zionist agenda and its most significant function is in defining the IP debate in terms of providing a safe lower limit to acceptable discourse

"Some on the right say that Israel should just wipe out the Palestinians, while the extreme alternative crazy view espoused by J-street is that a few palestinians should be allowed to live on the land granted to Israel by God"

Edit: what the hell is the name of the window of public opinion concept, it's gone right out of my head?

framing

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Topo posted:

I propose two walls, separated by 20-30m with a self healing mine field between them. The first one topped with electrified razor wire and the other topped with electrified razor wire and studded with modified Phalanx guns set to fire on anything larger than say a squirrel. Beyond the second wall the ground will be equipped with pressure sensors in the rare event someone makes it beyond the second wall. Now tell me why would such a system require extensive human interaction?

this is purestrain goonsay: smug tone, excessive detail based on countless hours of desktop tower defense games and an underlying assumption that America's monied classes are somehow inconvenienced by undocumented workers

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

this is the worst drawn obama we've seen yet

I thought it was john mccain

that's how bad it is

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma
MACHEAVELLI

seriously, that cyclist cartoon reads like a one-panel Doonesbury

and Doonesbury is incomprehensible and banal at the best of times

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

tacodaemon posted:

what is up with his characters constantly chopping vegetables, do they work in a loving deli or something

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma
has anyone noticed that strips with recurring characters are a thousand times more turgid and pointless than the one-panel editorials?

you'd think the really bland, lazy people would just go 'gently caress it, I'm doing one quick sketch and then back to the bar' but instead they bang out whole story arcs where nothing happens like it's some kind of Samuel Beckett homage

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Davethulhu posted:

I like to think of it as reenacting Finland during WW2.

that actually sounds like the only war re-enactment I could actually enjoy

all slinkin' around the pines, taking pot-shots at Russian tank commanders that don't know what the gently caress

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

here maybe this will explain it for you:

(Feb 5)

I loving knew it, has he seriously ever produced an original illustration?

it's one thing to rehash lovely and disingenuous talking points that everyone else is spouting or steal someone's gag when you're absolutely out of ideas but this systematic approach is just regnpebgnuwebgbkjbhh

there is literally no reason for lefty loonz to exist

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :aneurysm:

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

you are a golden colossus that stands astride lf

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Quadratica! posted:

i've asked a few times but i've never had a conservative actually tell me what, exactly, the climate change 'agenda' is except to make al gore money or something

this stuff legitimately scares me because it makes me think we're one republican president away from invading iran for no reason

what makes you think it needs to be a republican

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

tacodaemon posted:

is there a new talking point where Obama secretly wants to eat the entire republican party or something

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Nckdictator posted:

So Ted Rall just wrote a article titled ...

OBAMA: DUMBER THAN SARAH PALIN

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/20100212/cm_ucru/obamadumberthansarahpalin

Rall is to gbs what Hurting is to lf

honestly, I'm starting to wonder whether he isn't already a secret forums poster

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Davethulhu posted:

Why would a special forces guy need to speak hindi?

Occam's Razor says Muir couldn't find the plugin for Arabic script and figured all browns sound the same

then again this is Muir so it probably marks the beginning of a sixteen-week series of snide comments about unemployment while big-breasted women make chapattis in their underwear

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

CrumFUNist! posted:

every panel is awful in its own unique way

like a snowflake made from crystallised semen

Francis Fukyomama
Jan 13, 2010

by Ozma

Bestial Acts posted:

read this post if you want to see Shmorky's Ron Paul comics

also can someone post goatstein's comic? thanks