Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Bubble-T posted:

A bit late but eh...

owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

heres a new lang and noel

The idea, I think, is that the US is so dependent on China that any support for Tibet rings pretty hollow but then again this is Noel so it's more about THAT friend of the family and less about trenchant economic commentary.

Then again I am anti-monarchy so I don't see reinstating some autocrat as a step up for Tibet v :) v

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Gay Abortions posted:

How many elbows does the guy in the last panel need?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

Haha holy poo poo did Mallard just get something half-right?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

Haha, as if it were just one priest.

Chuck Asay you are not seriously defending paedophile priests are you?

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

lenin posted:

unchecked wolf populations are bad for other species
overly checked wolf populations are worse for other species. Elimination of top predators can be devastating to an ecosystem

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

FronzelNeekburm posted:

My grandfather is a firefighter and his stance is that the reason for the California fires is that generations of budget cuts and smaller government basically wiped out all of the controlled burn programs that the state had in place, meaning that fires now rage out of control. In short, Chuck Asay is a shithead.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Fanaglethebagle posted:

haha no read a fire ecology book for once and get out
This. Forests burn down a lot if left to their own devices. Every culture that has lived in that area has a history of controlled burns in order to remove buildups of underbrush and dead, dry wood. The larger, older trees that make up the backbone of the forest are burn-resistant.

Basically we need forest management but government thinks we should just let forests do their thing and it will somehow magically turn out alright.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

tacodaemon posted:

yeah thats accurate but i cant see how chuck can hold both that and this in his mind

oh wait i forgot how conservatives are immune to cognitive dissonance
Also laffo at liberal/conservative being an east/west divide. Does "west" not include Washington, Oregon and California?

edit: but yeah, I love that he's simultaneously blasting people for building too close to forests and blasting people for blasting people for building too close to forests. one more vote for him being a giant troll.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Sup Bro posted:

obviously it's impossible to want to live in a country while acknowledging its flaws
quiet now, america has no flaws and implying otherwise will cause a logical paradox that will crash gbs

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

raruler posted:

Holy poo poo a non-trivial number of these cartoons understand the supremacy clause and the federalist system

i feel so strange

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

foobardog posted:

it seems like if jrrose! is your uncle that tells bad jokes and thinks himself the funniest person alive, barstow is his wife who is an easy mark for his jokes
she also tells her own jokes where you're not sure when to laugh because it's just a stupid monologue about mundane things that makes you slowly learn to loathe her

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
No fun! She doesn't even get into a real fight, she just flails spastically until she upends her computer and the exchange ends :(

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Jack the Smack posted:

Well mexico is a diverse nation with tons of different nationalities including a huge indigenous population, and white population. She mentioned mexico as a whole so unless she somehow hates Whites, Natives, and Mexicans equally I don't see it as racist.
Well American Blacks are a very diverse group with tons of different origins including a huge West African population, and Caribbean population. She mentioned Blacks as a whole so unless she somehow hates Blacks, West Africans, and Caribbeans equally I don't see it as racist.

Well Whites are a very diverse group with tons of different origins including a huge German population, and English population. She mentioned Whites as a whole so unless she somehow hates Whites, Germans, and English equally I don't see it as racist.

Well Jews are a very diverse group with tons of different origins including a huge German population, and Russian population. She mentioned Jews as a whole so unless she somehow hates Jews, Germans, and Russians equally I don't see it as racist.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Jack the Smack posted:

So the cartoon isn't racist? Just her sentiments in an unrelated incident?
Hm so a racist draws cartoons that are disparaging to whole groups of people but this is not racist because her racism is a personal issue and obviously unrelated to cartoons that are disparaging to whole groups of people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

CrumFUNist! posted:

Mike Lester is subhuman trash