Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

haveblue posted:

...but I thought the problem with democrats was they spent too much money on people who didn't need it...

You have to think of every cartoonist as basically being that guy on Hardball who kept saying "HE APPEASED HE APPEASED" over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMMklhX74_w

This guy. Right here. He's your right-wing cartoonist. And most of the left-wing ones too.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Hyosho posted:

The thing about the term "Islamist" is that it perpetuates the myth that all muslim terrorists are part of a sinister global network of terror masterminded by a James Bond-style villain in a hollowed-out volcano, as opposed to a hundred disparate groups with specific local grievances. Obviously there is some common ground (death to america إن شاء الل) but to use one blanket term is misleading and counter-productive.

Uh excuse me but

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
And yes he did call bullshit on that.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

CraigK posted:

ricky williams is also nuttier than squirrel poo poo; i wouldn't exactly use him as celebrity endorsement #1

How about... GUY METZGER?

How about... GUY METZGER IF I DRAW HIM BEATING UP THIS DOODY-HEAD WHO KEEPS PICKING ON ME IN THE COMMENTS?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

tacodaemon posted:

Dick Cheney is more of a threat to America than Al Qaeda well done Allie.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

CrumFUNist! posted:

when tfr meets creative convention

This is it. The best cartoon.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

yaoi prophet posted:

didn't it come out in the lawsuit that mcdonald's served their coffee at a hilariously dangerous temperature, and the woman's labia were literally fused to her skin when she spilled it

I mean yeah part of it was her fault but you don't expect your skin to fuse to itself when you spill coffee on your lap

And OJ was found not guilty because a dumbass cop tampered with evidence but we don't let facts get in the way of a good talking point.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Three Red Lights posted:

last time i was on a flight stopping off at jfk they had a sign up that basically said "be aware at this point we no sense of humour wrt jokes about 9/11, bombs ect".

Even in Australia they have signs at the airports that say words to the effect of, 'if you make bomb jokes you'll be hosed in the rear end' and we haven't been attacked by terrorists yet.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Starshark posted:

Even in Australia they have signs at the airports that say words to the effect of, 'if you make bomb jokes you'll be hosed in the rear end' and we haven't been attacked by terrorists yet.

And our comedians get away with poo poo like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H6pU4UbRYE

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
airport security just have a huge stick up their rear end it's because their jobs/lives are complete poo poo

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

RolandTower posted:

Incidentally, flying home from LAX last week I noticed that they were splitting people into "casual traveler" and and expedited "experienced traveler" queues that seemed to be breaking down pretty much this way.

That system will take forever to exploit.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Starshark posted:

That system will take forever to exploit.

Unless being brown permanetly disqualifies you from being an experienced traveller.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Can any Americans answer this: are there really brown people going through without being searched or has this only happened in loving Amsterdam. Is there really a 'PC gone mad' situation in American airports? Because I'm finding it a little hard to believe but at the same time I'm wondering why every right-wing cartoonist is hammering the talking point. Did Glenn Beck say it's happening based on an unsourced anecdote or something?

I know I'm thinking too hard about this but sometimes I need to see the pattern in things.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

CrumFUNist! posted:

Remember when Obama did nothing while that plane blew up not like "Action George" he was all over 9/11, Katrina, Iraq falling to poo poo, the guy was unstoppable

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I'm just reading that online book by that shrink who does research into right-wing authoritarians and this sentence:

High RWAs tend to feel more endangered in a potentially threatening situation than most people do, and often respond aggressively.

had me nodding my head until it loving fell off

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Duckbag posted:

wow the guy's so distraught he forgot to draw a fourth panel

he'll never live this one down

YOU CAN SEE MY SOCKS

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

axleblaze posted:

Tinsley complaining about having to put up with a joke that's already already been told a million times before?
:ironicat:

More like Tinsley complaining that his bitter isolation is being interrupted by newfangled communication

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

guidoanselmi posted:

Prediction of things to come. As opposed to, you know, predicting things that have already happened.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

platzapS posted:

Is that Ted Rall article on Haiti accurate?

Check HenryKrinkle's thread in the goldmine. It's supposed to be pretty good and I think it confirms a lot of the stuff in Rall's article.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Weedle posted:

comics like this are so smug, like the artist thought he was piling sweet burn on top of sweet burn

"hmm yes now his house of cards comes crashing down!!"

Also - and it might be dumb to harp on about this, but bear with me - did Al Gore even go to Copenhagen?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
His speciality is drawing people with faces like smacked arses, he doesn't do perspective.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I didn't think Asay was capable of being funny but that first panel had me in stitches.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

cheerfullydrab posted:

Conservative cartoonists again show themselves to be morons with the King stuff. He wasn't shot during his "dream" speech, he died almost 5 years after that. The same kind of conservatives who draw those cartoons hated him in '68 because he opposed the Vietnam War and because they thought he was soundin more like a commie every day.

God, 1968 was a crazy year for America. I'm glad I wasn't around for that.

Luckily you were alive for the much more sanguine 2001.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

pacerhimself posted:

I like the idea that the recession was caused by people who have less than 1% of the wealth of the nation. It speaks to the fact that I'm retarded and like to blame as much as I can on some group of others.

This is a good way to think remember nothing is ever your fault and bad things only happen to bad people ron paul

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

TetsuoTW posted:

And why is Valentine's in January now?

He wrote it for Valentine's day 2009.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Weedle posted:

sorry to bring this up again but I actually looked at some of the comics in this poll that I hadn't heard of, and they are loving terrible. who put this poll together, and who the gently caress is voting on it

The one that's leading is total poo poo I hope Kate doesn't feel bad about coming in at the bottom :ohdear:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

CrumFUNist! posted:

just look at this chart, apparently obama's popularity can travel back in time

like the 9/11 terrorists, Japanese kamikaze pilots were fighting on behalf of a sovereign nation which declared war on the United States.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

this was exactly what I thought of too, jesus that face

also and old Dials from the beginning of 08

2 million of those killed were Russian POW's who, presumably, were able to defend themselves.
E: Wiki says 3 million, my bad.
Your move Dials. :smug:

I too read the Daily Mail and believe every word it says.

Starshark fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 31, 2010

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

QUICK INVADE IRAQ

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

theflyingexecutive posted:

cuz it's a joke about toyota's broken gas peddles

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

CrumFUNist! posted:

Should we pass the hat around and buy
BAR
BEE
a present or something because I'm p sure this is the 1000000th one of these cartoons he's done

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I can't wait for the next batch of globalwarmingcoldoutside cartoons :dance:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

shadysight posted:

This is awesomely confused.

He sure does like to mix his metaphors.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

*glaciers actually melting

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Republicans posted:

Isn't that bullshit story several months old?

Yes http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/barackobama/a/michelle_obama_staff.htm

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Sil posted:

I really hate being the one that says the obvious gbs thing everyone is thinking buuuuut, the only beauty scale that those two drawings would be a 5-6 on is the 1-100 scale.

I doubt any woman is going to rate herself a 1/0.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
How many frames is that?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Hyosho posted:

"They are kooks, so I agree with Rush Limbaugh," she said, when read a quote of Limbaugh calling liberal groups "retards." "Rush Limbaugh was using satire ... . I didn't hear Rush Limbaugh calling a group of people whom he did not agree with 'f-ing retards,' and we did know that Rahm Emanuel, as has been reported, did say that. There is a big difference there."
_____/

atta girl you remember your steps because you're rush's bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Is that online anywhere perhaps with a comments section?