Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Seeing as how when someone doesn't know how to describe an indie or metal band these days they'll say math rock/mathcore, this thread is going to see a massive variety in styles and cross-genre escapades.

That being said, here is chon.

Here is Ion Dissonance with their old vocalist, who is waaaaay better. (Warning, profusely metal).

And this speaks for itself. No vocals on their new stuff, so you don't have to worry about screaming if you don't like it.

And Upsilon Acrux are cool too.

P.S. Just about every band mentioned so far is a certain shade of the awesome scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

fiveohnoes posted:

Oh my god you all need to discover Lye By Mistake

I can't believe I forgot to mention these guys. They have more music than that out by the way, and it's all good and math.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

invision posted:

ion dissonance and the number 12 are mathcore? They're toeing the grindcore line pretty well then...

This is the problem with mathcore/math rock - it seems to fit into every sort of sub-genre. I find that bands can't just be just math because nobody can agree on what math music really is.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Spiral posted:

Im just going to whore the poo poo out of my own band in this thread. gently caress it.

http://www.thearmed.com

This is actually pretty good, what is it you do? Looking for a guitarist in London, Ontario?...*cough*

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

d0grent posted:

I'm not going to stop recommending this band until everyone in the thread listens to them.

There's a reason I listen to the music I do, and this band is it. Kezia is arguably the best album ever written.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Dyna Soar posted:

gently caress these band names are just awful.

I always thought Maps and Atlases was a pretty cool name. I see your point on the others, though.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Hey, Buiscuit!. Planets are pretty good.

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

I've heard Heavyheavylowlow described as math rock or mathcore or math whatever beefore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Raptor
Jun 3, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

man I love hhll, but I liked their earlier stuff better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCMcffz75fk (not as mathy, though, more metalcore imo)

I used to love their earlier stuff wayyy more, especially gently caress It!?. That being said, about a year ago I finally sucked it up and listened to Turtle Nipple and Toxic Shock more and my god is it ever amazing.

• Locked thread