Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tragick
Apr 2, 2003

I have to use a lot of descriptive insults to give voice to my inner pain.

Wish they would've told us about the chipset change earlier instead of keeping everyone in the dark for so long. Oh well, I think it'll be pretty sweet.

I went ahead and pre-ordered it. I hope the Netflix streaming will be in HD. The current Boxee Netflix app, as far as I know, is locked out of the HD stream since in all cases it is technically running on PC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tragick
Apr 2, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

Ohh, that would change things if i couldn't do HD netflix.
Actually, now that I look into it, *some* of the HD titles on Netflix are available in HD on a PC now, but not nearly all. Hopefully they will unlock all of them for the Boxee Box since it is an 'embedded' device.

tragick
Apr 2, 2003

I got mine and having had quite a bit of experience with Boxee and XBMC, it is operating just about how I expected it to. Which is to say that I hope someone gets XBMC running on it ASAP. Doesn't really bother me though, I knew going in that the library database/scraping would be poo poo compared to XBMC and I'd pretty much have to use the Files view.

• Locked thread