Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Bunway Airlines posted:

Duck is fine but I don't prefer it, and rabbit is too gamey for me. I have no problem with people eating whatever animals they want; as long as they realize that dogs, cats, horses and other companion animals are commonly eaten in other parts of the world and I am A-OK with that. As long as the animal lived a good life and died humanely, eat whatever you want.

Dog is pretty high on my list of animals I want to eat. Rattlesnake is currently #1 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Zenaida posted:

Dog is pretty high on my list of animals I want to eat. Rattlesnake is currently #1 though.

Snake is tasty, I hear dog is really pretty vile. Most predatory animals do not taste as good (according to some science I read and forgot where). It has something to do with muscular differences.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Bunway Airlines posted:

Snake is tasty, I hear dog is really pretty vile. Most predatory animals do not taste as good (according to some science I read and forgot where). It has something to do with muscular differences.

Really? Interesting. In my experience it's the opposite with fish. anchovies/sardines/etc. are just okay, but shark is amazing.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Zenaida posted:

Really? Interesting. In my experience it's the opposite with fish. anchovies/sardines/etc. are just okay, but shark is amazing.

Shark is on the do not eat list if you care about the planet bad boy :colbert:

Try it and see what happens! Just go down to a kill shelter and get a fresh body. It will be fine I promise ;)

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Bunway Airlines posted:

Try it and see what happens! Just go down to a kill shelter and get a fresh body. It will be fine I promise ;)

But then if it's terrible I won't know if it's because it actually tastes terrible or because I cooked it wrong.

Bunway Airlines posted:

Shark is on the do not eat list if you care about the planet bad boy :colbert:

Where's this list anyway?

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Zenaida posted:

But then if it's terrible I won't know if it's because it actually tastes terrible or because I cooked it wrong.

Where's this list anyway?

Eating shark is kind of like eating bald eagles. Dining from the top of the food chain is never a good idea.

A list is here: http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/SeafoodWatch/web/sfw_factsheet.aspx

Watch "End of the Line" on Netflix to get a sense of the scale of the problem (no pun intended).

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

MotoMind posted:

Eating shark is kind of like eating bald eagles. Dining from the top of the food chain is never a good idea.

Technically if you were eating from the VERY top of the food chain you'd be eating humans and that would probably be better for the planet than just about anything else.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Saw that on google, but it's fish-only. Is there a similar guide for land animals? I guess it's a different story since the vast majority of land-meat that gets eaten is farmed.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

What the gently caress is going on in here?

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...

Spiffness posted:

Bicycle fuel discussion.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Zenaida posted:

Saw that on google, but it's fish-only. Is there a similar guide for land animals? I guess it's a different story since the vast majority of land-meat that gets eaten is farmed.

I've never encountered a land animal list. A safe bet is to go by the endangered species list.

MotoMind posted:

A list is here: http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/..._factsheet.aspx

Watch "End of the Line" on Netflix to get a sense of the scale of the problem (no pun intended).

Thanks for linking that.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Spiffness posted:

I don't own any motorcycles now, this is all I have left.

LO Technology
Mar 5, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Z3n posted:

I don't own any motorcycles now, this is all I have left.

I have one for sale if bleeding knuckles is your thing ;)

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I want to eat Panda. All that sitting around must make them mightily tender.

Let's face it, they're a lost cause anyway. Rather than waste all of the resources we do trying to pull them out of their evolutionary cul-de-sac we might as well find out what they taste like before they're gone.

Who knows, maybe they'll become a delicacy and then commercial interest will take off and greed will drive a big advance in research and find a way to save them as a food source?

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

ReelBigLizard posted:

Let's face it, they're a lost cause anyway. Rather than waste all of the resources we do trying to pull them out of their evolutionary cul-de-sac we might as well find out what they taste like before they're gone.

Who knows, maybe they'll become a delicacy and then commercial interest will take off and greed will drive a big advance in research and find a way to save them as a food source?

I could see it working. (Non-panda) bear is high on my list too.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

LO Technology posted:

I have one for sale if bleeding knuckles is your thing ;)

Shipping costs would be brutal. Keep it for awhile and when I finally make it to your hood I'll come and check it out. :)

ReelBigLizard posted:

I wouldn't have a problem eating domesticated Panda. But I hear they're real assholes when they're not all hopped up on eucalyptus.

http://xrl.in/8u7r

Z3n fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 18, 2011

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
I'd be constantly pissed if I was a panda too. "Hey let's take a hibernating omnivore and let it eat only ONE plant! And zero sex drive!!" Really, nature? Really?

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Z3n posted:

Shipping costs would be brutal. Keep it for awhile and when I finally make it to your hood I'll come and check it out. :)

I wouldn't have a problem eating domesticated Panda. But I hear they're real assholes when they're not all hopped up on eucalyptus.

http://xrl.in/8u7r

That's Koala. Pandas eat bamboo.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Bamboo has the nutrional value of styrofoam peanuts but those super slow sugars have to make for a very tender and succulent bear.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ola posted:

Bamboo has the nutrional value of styrofoam peanuts but those super slow sugars have to make for a very tender and succulent bear.

I think it's really awesome that you have better use and understanding of the English language than about 90% of the people I come in contact with every day.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Zenaida posted:

That's Koala. Pandas eat bamboo.

A little spraypaint and no one would know the difference.

I had this inkling that I was making some sort of weird mistake when I said that but that's never stopped me in the past, so why let it stop me now? :v:

SaNChEzZ posted:

I think it's really awesome that you have better use and understanding of the English language than about 90% of the people I come in contact with every day.

TEAM OLA

Z3n fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 18, 2011

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

NATURE

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

KARMA! posted:

NATURE

Looks tender.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SaNChEzZ posted:

Thanks, but don't you mostly come in contact with Spanish speakers? As a Mexican I mean?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

Thanks, but don't you mostly come in contact with Spanish speakers? As a Mexican I mean?

Hey now I don't know what you're implying, but he's an AMERICAN. Red blooded American, living in the great American city of El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula. Ahem.

yes I quoted that from wikipedia

Seriously Z3n, buy another motorcycle so we stop taking this thread off track. :v:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ola posted:

Actually, I'm a plain Jane white guy. Dunno how I got Sanchezz, or why it stuck. But I've been using it for stuff for a long while.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

:xd:

sirbeefalot posted:

Seriously Z3n, buy another motorcycle so we stop taking this thread off track. :v:

I'm traveling to a fresh and exciting location shortly to buy a new motorcycle eat exotic animals. The money that I was planning on using to buy a motorcycle will fund a lot of panda steaks. Food report to come.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SaNChEzZ posted:

Actually, I'm a plain Jane white guy. Dunno how I got Sanchezz, or why it stuck. But I've been using it for stuff for a long while.

I accept you whatever your color, race or species (not panda). I just intentionally misunderstood your custom title for comic effect.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Ola posted:

I accept you whatever your color, race or species (not panda). I just intentionally misunderstood your custom title for comic effect.

Whoops, you're racist!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It's not racist if it's actually an inferior being.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Team Ola

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDhgrEum7LA

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
The final solution to the Panda question: Dinner.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

New project: Foreign hip hop collaboration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZNDwfqqc-g

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Z3n posted:

New project: Foreign hip hop collaboration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZNDwfqqc-g

SIGN ME UP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeZ073MHZI4

http://foreignrap.blogspot.com

Zenaida fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 18, 2011

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
This one's CA-related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS_nh986huw

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
So's this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqCyTM1bF6Q

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Illest Norwegian hiphop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULirzwD_JQo

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ola posted:

Illest Norwegian hiphop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULirzwD_JQo

You know Ola.. My roots are actually Norwegian I would give you my last name, but that's just weird.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

If it's a geographical name I will try to go there this summer and take a picture of myself in ATGATT B-Boy stance in front of the town sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Ola posted:

If it's a geographical name I will try to go there this summer and take a picture of myself in ATGATT B-Boy stance in front of the town sign.

Its not that cool :( I think you should just assume it is and find some one off Norwegian landmark, make sure we can see your boot in the corner and snap away though. I'd frame it and put it in my house.

• Locked thread