Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ola
Jul 19, 2004

That sucks about the cover, any chance of getting compensated? I'm having some issues with USPS as well. Bought a camera lens on ebay, you'd think shipping from America to Norway would be straight forward but...

Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 28, 2009
Arrival
International Dispatch, January 03, 2010, 1:51 pm, FOREIGN CENTERJERSEY CITY NJ 099
International Dispatch, January 06, 2010, 1:51 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
International Dispatch, January 09, 2010, 8:40 am, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
Arrived Abroad, January 12, 2010, 3:12 pm, EL SALVADOR

:downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It's not as bad as Harleys that run open primary drives, right next to their jeans.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Dubs posted:

Fabio beat you too it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VSkY0MfOqk

that dude is nuts.

Strange how fast my impression of a person can change from weirdo nutbag celebrity to cool guy I would totally hang out with.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

I absolutely lack the skills needed to make a transmission. I suppose it's theoretically possible if you had some nice 6 speeds on hand with a similar layout, plus skills as a welder to modify the cases, but I have a feeling that that is about equivalent to firing a rocket in a random direction and having it hit the moon.

Nerobro needs a real challenge for his CNC mill.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

That really sucks about your key. If someone stole it intending to make off with the bike, I'm sure the bike would be gone already. Hope someone nice took care of it.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Bye bye dimple butt. It was nice being your e-friend. :unsmith:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Very noice! Whereabouts is fuel drawn from that huge tank? And it is only gravity fed?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I thought I'd post something about available space for machined sleeves working as axle sliders but I suppose that's too late. I'm sure it works out fine though.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

if anyone needs anything off of a DRZ, let me know.

I would like two wheelies and some memories of a day on the logging trails please. :allears:

Good luck on the home economics and the racing! (this sounds sarcastic but is actually well meant)

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

Hey it's made by Ford Europe...and assembled in Mexico. No :911: anywhere to be found on this car. :v:

Maybe you can get a mascot for this Fiesta. Some sort of...cat?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

A car has its own roof, why put another over it? :confused:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Curb feelers pointing forward, searching for prey.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Dumb question. In those huge tanks, where's the gas pickup and petcock? Is there a pump or something that lets you draw from the bottom of it?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It's not a thread about a project, it's a thread about projection. Z3n projects his evil desires of crime upon a mechanical device which supposedly is in charge of his behaviour. People don't kill people, sumos do.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

This is your chance to do an electric conversion, converting both the bike and yourself.

Also, what in the hell is a Bazzaz z-bomb? Sounds like a Duke Nukem powerup.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

So with that in mind...suggestions on how I should paint it?

YES

loving ORANGE AND TEAL GULF RACING LIVERY

Z3N PLEASE DO IT

edit: and instead of "Gulf" it says "Gixx". Or "Muff", I can go a lot of ways on this.

Ola fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 21, 2010

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

Somehow I missed that. Maybe I should do a gulf racing dazzle scheme! :v:

Edit: No, definitely thinking that a gulf racing orange and teal in dazzle with 2 tone orange and teal wheels is the way to go.

Yes! A cubist, Picasso-ish interpretation of the Gulf livery. You will be internationally famous.

Ola fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 22, 2010

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

:hellyeah:

loving hell I love this so much. Wanna do this to my own Zuke this winter.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

On a hopefully dejinxing note, would it be possible to print the paint job on vinyl? If you had multiple copies of it, it would lessen the pain of a gravel trap cartwheel.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

HOLY poo poo that looks amazing!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I'd happily put one on my pannier.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

loving beautiful. But seems to be missing the "Muff" logo.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Haha, that's so true and probably applies to most guys on this forum:

Online: I'M JUST FEELING A SADNESS THAT I USED TO BE ABLE TO PROJECT ON HOW OTHER PEOPLE LET ME DOWN BUT RIGHT NOW I KNOW THAT THIS IS MY OWN poo poo AND I HAVE TO CRY THAT poo poo OUT OF MY OWN EYES

In person: so...hehe...you know what "backing it in" is? nono, it's a motorcycle thing, hehe

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I thought about riding to work instead of riding a bus today. But then I thought the likely hood of crashing to death, freezing to death or crashing first then freezing to death was too high. Then I thought about riding a Gulf livery bike in the sunshine and the hatred warmed my heart while I was waiting for the loving bus.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I'd love one for my panniers. If you figure out the postage to Norway I could paypal it to you, it's probably quite a bit more than nationally. I'll PM you my address. :)

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

Oh, and I couldn't imagine bicycling daily on a singlespeed.

Maybe if you were cycling from your Williamsburg studio apartment to your art gallery and then to the vegan café - all within three blocks.

I've googled some bike rentals, looks like I could get a Versys (say) for around $140/day insured. One thing I've picked up about America is to always travel heavily insured.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

We talked a bit about this before, if you had something you liked and could flip anyway and it got titled and insured on my name while I was there it would be perfect. I would ride anything from a KLR DRZ to a Busa.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Are there any bike manufacturers that have mastered the electron? Harley? Triumph?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Saga posted:

None.

BSA did master the Quark in 1963, and introduced it as a standard feature on all 1964 models. However, as with Lucas electrics, owners never observed them working.

All I can think of now is Schroedinger's cat on a café racer, approaching the speed of light. The oil change intervals approach infinity.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I love the murdered-out livery. Is it for track or street?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Film the duck please, I bet it's doing something amazingly cute which will get more youtube hits than any of your bike vids.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

Also ducks live 15-20 years, so I'm kinda curious how the duck in that video died so young.

:laugh: in an SUV blew a red light, duck didn't have proper gear.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Saga posted:

Requesting lap times for the duck.

Current record is two hours in Z3n's lap. :3:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Hahaha ZOOOOOOM

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

:smith:

Pouring some 10W40 on the concrete. Good night sweet gixx.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

You're the opposite of "crazy cat lady" but he's the male motorcycle equivalent. :eek:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Isn't that "our constie"?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

A graceful rolling burnout. Here comes the bride. Mother and aunts wipe tears of joy and rubber smoke irritation.

Groom wheelies all the way down, then stoppies and turns 90 degrees towards her on the front wheel before the rear comes down.

Their eyes lock.

I do.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Bamboo has the nutrional value of styrofoam peanuts but those super slow sugars have to make for a very tender and succulent bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SaNChEzZ posted:

I think it's really awesome that you have better use and understanding of the English language than about 90% of the people I come in contact with every day.

Thanks, but don't you mostly come in contact with Spanish speakers? As a Mexican I mean?

• Locked thread