Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wait. Why does it have a memory card like a PlayStation 1?

And also I thought Honda’s PGM-whatever was all fuel injection? That has carbs?

I’m so confused.

Apparently they used them to switch to higher performance logic in the ECU, but the higher performance maps also wouldn’t work with off track things like lights and turn signals and Honda was really picky about who they’d sell the high performance unlock cards too. Seems like a really complex scheme but I guess Honda was really worried about liability or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jazzzzz posted:

better question, why would anyone pay 30k for his 5 year old used example when MSRP on a new one (assuming they can be found in stock) is $29500? "COVID has really screwed up the used bike market" doesn't really play for bikes that were already hard to find. He's asking $12k over NADA retail.

edit: regarding the "30k in cash" thing, US banks have to report any cash withdrawals larger than 10k, so yeah, unless he wants to limit his buyer base to drug dealers and preppers who keep their life savings under their mattress, he should probably consider taking cashier's checks

The CTR isn't really that big a deal, and banks are encouraged to file Suspicious Activity Reports for any amount so the "under 10k is untraceable" thing is kind of obsolete advice since 1992. The harder thing is that you usually have to give the bank a few days' notice to have the cash on hand for withdrawal of more than a few thousand dollars.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Ahaha
Hahahahahaha
AAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

:wtc:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Seizure or forfeiture auction?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Phy posted:

Neither, Honda donated them to the College of Western Idaho for a wrenching program but they hardly got touched

https://jalopnik.com/stop-what-youre-doing-and-check-out-these-tantalizing-c-1847121009

Wild.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

So rare that my local dealer has 4 on the floor.

As opposed to three on the tree? :dadjoke:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Wait, are you suggesting there are Richmonds in other parts of the world? Preposterous!

my bad

Still incredibly dumb. Who puts a brand new cheap bike on display in their living room??

Somebody who lives in a neighborhood where it will get stolen outside. I'm guessing he didn't buy it as art but intended to ride it and for whatever reason never did and he just saw what bikes are selling for and decided he could use the money.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

E: Hey daddy putin's gone, thanks mysterious benefactor!! That poo poo was like an adulteress mark on my forehead or some poo poo

If you get hit with an av you don't like and don't feel like buying a new one a mod can blank it for you if you ask. Unless they think it would be funny to leave it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lmao that's like 45 minutes from my house. I'll stick with the CB300R for at least another season, I think.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

More like Dook lmao!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

echomadman posted:

a steal (notice missing vin plate) at 2500, this crashed SV650s

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-sv650/30983645

screenshots for when the ad goes down

it looks like hammered poo poo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Claims to be moving out of state in the ad, I could see someone looking at that and going "eh, whatever" while loading the U-Haul.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Nitrox posted:

Why would someone lower a Grom? By 4.5"? What the gently caress

It's a whole lot of effort to turn thing into other thing, when the right answer was probably get different thing closer to other thing.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao that place is on my way home from work. I don't know poo poo about gently caress or I'd look at it and give you the report.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

This is the shop that had the first ad, they sell used bikes both from the shop and on consignment:
https://brookscycle.com/

I stopped by when I was looking for a beginner bike since they have a good reputation in the area but they didn't have anything appropriate to my skill level. Arguably still don't.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'm not saying it's a reliability issue. I marvel at people who went through the trouble of owning a bike and then.... They just don't ride it. :confused:

It's like a cheaper boat. Aspirations of recreation and freedom of movement but you just never have the time to get out there and it's been sitting at while so you have all that deferred maintenance before you can take it out and it's practically fall again, I'll get to it next March. Repeat for 25 years.