Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Stairs posted:

I'm so sorry that you live in a world where you've never experienced Bruce Campbell. His picture is badass simply for the fact that he made those plaid man skirts look cool.

Bruce Campbell is cool but American dudes in kilts will never ever be loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

No idea who that is but there's a lot of goofiness in that picture.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Snowy posted:

No idea who that is but there's a lot of goofiness in that picture.

I don't want to imagine what that looks like when riding at any appreciable speed...

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Stairs posted:

I'm so sorry that you live in a world where you've never experienced Bruce Campbell. His picture is badass simply for the fact that he made those plaid man skirts look cool.

Rhyno posted:

He made it look less lame, even Bruce isn't that powerful.

Anyone who wore one of those on the Western Front is a direct counter to this argument by being hardcore as a motherfucker for wearing a kilt in those conditions:

E: One more

ATP_Power has a new favorite as of 03:27 on May 6, 2014

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I don't care enough to look it up, but maybe his ancestors are Scottish? My grandfather's name was Campbell and his family indulged in the cow stomach.

Plus, looking at his film career he'll do anything for paycheck.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

6675636b20796f75 posted:

Bruce Campbell is cool but American dudes in kilts will never ever be loving cool.

Hey, at least we managed to defeat the English. We earned those skirts.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bunnielab posted:

Hey, at least we managed to defeat the English. We earned those skirts.

Yeah, but everyone has beaten England.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, but everyone has beaten England.

Name a civilized nation that hasn't spilled the blood of the English?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

VendaGoat posted:

Name a civilized nation that hasn't spilled the blood of the English?

See, you said civilized, that's cheating.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Canada?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_and_Indian_War

Try again.

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
I live within an ear shot of a huge goddamn horn that vibrates the entire city of Duluth Minnesota. The trains, the port authority, and the ships have a sort of dialogue every time the lift bridge goes up and down, and considering I live 2 blocks away from the rail-yard and the ice finally cleared the harbor I've got another long season of *HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONKKKKKKKKKKKKKK* followed shortly after by a *EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO* every hour or so.

There were about 70 ships backed up in Sault Sainte Marie last week due to 8 foot thick ice. This winter was so drat cold that the entirety of Lake Superior froze up, which is extremely rare.

That's like 3 million tonnes of raw material that aren't making their way out of the interior and into the industrial centers where they can be turned into iron beams and big macs. It brings huge portions of the economy to a grinding halt.

Ice cleared late last week and the cutters managed to carve a route into the harbor. A trip from the Soo Locks to Duluth that usually takes about 20 hours took 9 days.

The crowd goes wild.

The Walking Dad has a new favorite as of 08:28 on May 6, 2014

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
All this kilt/Scottish talk and no Mad Jack Churchill?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
"In July 1943, as commanding officer, he led 2 Commando from their landing site at Catania in Sicily with his trademark Scottish broadsword slung around his waist, a longbow and arrows around his neck and his bagpipes under his arm,[12] which he also did in the landings at Salerno."

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Krispy Kareem posted:

I don't care enough to look it up, but maybe his ancestors are Scottish? My grandfather's name was Campbell and his family indulged in the cow stomach.

Yeah, he is in fact of Scottish descent, from clan Campbell. It's not just a case of "Yeah, I'm 128th Scottish, och laddie!".

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Scottish people are Celts and therefore badass by default like all Celtic nations.

Except the Cornish

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Kilts are just leg fedoras.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Whoforthenwhat posted:

All this kilt/Scottish talk and no Mad Jack Churchill?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill
"In July 1943, as commanding officer, he led 2 Commando from their landing site at Catania in Sicily with his trademark Scottish broadsword slung around his waist, a longbow and arrows around his neck and his bagpipes under his arm,[12] which he also did in the landings at Salerno."

You forgot the best part:

Wikipedia posted:

In May 1940 Churchill and his unit, the Manchester Regiment, ambushed a German patrol near L'Epinette, France. Churchill gave the signal to attack by cutting down the enemy Feldwebel (sergeant) with a barbed arrow, becoming the only British soldier known to have felled an enemy with a longbow in WWII.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

rodbeard posted:

Holy poo poo.

Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?

rodbeard posted:

Wow, never thought of it that way. :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Thread needs a refresh. Someone start a new one.

• Locked thread