Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Can't have a badass thread without the original "goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Gunt McBadpost posted:

I have no way of backing this up, but I saw a video of a dog leaping into a plane, knowing he was about to sky-dive. So I'd like to think that they not only knew what was coming, they enjoyed it.

http://animal.discovery.com/videos/the-daily-treat-the-extreme-sports-sporting-breed.html this dog seems pretty chill about it all (and badass in it's own way)

Dog and owner here are bad asses - dog is a badass for being able to do all those sports/activities, and the owner is a badass for rescuing her from a shelter and giving her a good home. :)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

The Slippery Nipple posted:

Dwayne Johnson doesn't take steroids, and never has, according to his biography. I believe it, the dude looked 18 when he was 12, no joke. Pacific Islander blood does that (Islanders reppin', yo).

Not steroids, but early in his WWF career he and many other wrestlers got around steroid testing by using HGH instead. Proof? Rock used to have gynecomastia (most notably before/during his feud with Mankind) and had surgery for it - but because he was self-conscious about the scarring, he wore shirts in all his matches. Until his chest healed, he didn't come out shirtless for quite a while.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Pharmaskittle posted:

I like this one

Dude's got charisma, I love silly, off-the-wall pictures like this of guys you'd expect to be all business 24/7. If I ever met him, first thing I'd do is get a fist bump, then have him sign my left titty

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

Watch this. Watch this ESPECIALLY if you hate snakes. This dude is so friggin' cool that halfway through a cobra lunges at him, so he picks it up, holds it in front of his face and says something so badass that there could not possibly be a translation, otherwise none of the action stars since the development of home video would have had careers.

That part was awesome - he was just all "oh, gonna lunge at me? what you gonna do bitch?" and busted out the famed googly stink-eye, then was all "yeah that's what I thought, NOTHIN'" *toss*

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

Yeah, Andre was a hell of a drinker. It probably saved his life, too.

See, anaesthesiologists are the unsung heroes of the surgery room. They've got to constantly monitor your drug levels the entire time you're in there to keep everything exact. One CC either way could mean the difference between waking up on the table or not waking up at all. It's a very exact science.

Being a literal giant comes with a lot of problems, the kind of stuff you need surgery to correct. It also means there's not a lot of precedent for the doctors to follow. When they were prepping Andre for surgery, they had no idea how much to give him. What's the rate of absorption for five hundred pounds of muscle? How long does it take for a circulatory system to make a 14-foot round trip? They were just short of calling in a zoo vet when the anaesthesiologist had an idea. He asked Andre.

He didn't ask him about drugs, he asked him about booze. How much liquor did it take for him to get a buzz going? Turns out Andre usually had his slant on after two forties of whiskey. The doc was able to extrapolate from that, and the surgery went smoothly. If Andre hadn't had so much drinking experience to draw on, he could have died right then and there.

EDIT: Wow, turns out he really did have a posse. Post Your Favourite Andre the Giant stories.

I remember hearing about the surgery incident - I believe (and I might be mistaken) that the doctors thought about giving Andre basically double the dose for someone half his size, but didn't want to risk it and have complications. I think Andre said it took something like 2 liters of vodka to get a buzz, but because of his metabolism, it didn't last as long as a normal size person.

Makes me wish that Andre could've had surgery like Big Show had to stop his gigantism, he might still be around if his condition could be controlled or stopped. I'll never get tired of hearing all the Andre stories, everyone talked about how cool and generous and down-to-Earth he was, despite his notoriety :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

Invisble Manuel posted:

Denmark's Fromandskorpset

Reminds me of the old school Cobra Commander hood

• Locked thread